Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice setup Chad, I got serious fridge envy :( :beer:
And Sammy, that is class. I've been inspired.

WOW, that is a work of art Chad!

You've inspired me to try and persuade the other half to get me that fridge from work.... 3 door glass like yours, and most likely very much free... hmmmmmmm...

Cheers!

You've inspired me to try and persuade the other half to get me that fridge from work....
The brilliant thing is that it was my other half who sourced the fridge for me :lol: .

That looks great Chad! :super:

I hope the MDF holds up to the moisture otherwise things could get interesting.

The MDF was sealed with copious amounts of PVA glue as per recommendations from a cabinet maker friend.

I'm also hoping the appliance paint will provide some moisture barrier effects.

We'll see how it goes though!

Sam

The finish on the collar is White Knight Appliance Paint in white.

Future plans might include having the collar sprayed with automotive paint. I've got a distant contact (my wife's friends boyfriend) who does automotive touch-up work for local car yards, operating out of his backyard. Mmm, gloss white automotive paint.

Sam

Now i've gotta think about a drip tray. Currently a bucket on the floor performs this duty.

Current thinking is to build something out of MDF, sprayed in white as per the collar, with a drainage line that runs down a baffle on the side of the freezer.

This F&P freezer clearly has coolant lines running all through the walls, so i'm not planning on drilling through those.

Sam

Sammy that is bloody Beautiful :super:

Cheers Ross. I just couldn't bear to mount those gorgeous Celli's into anything less :)

And your advice to avoid using a shank with the Celli's if possible was heeded and implemented!

Now to find a 28mm deep socket to tighten the nuts on the backside of the taps.

Sam

OK guys, its not quite as flash as Chad's setup but I'm finally posting my keg setup. Before this I was running a super ghetto single keg in an old bar fridge that I got for free. That bar fridge will now be purely for fermentation duty as it just fits my fermenter on top of the rear hump with a brick supporting the front.
Anyway, here is my FP chest freezer conversion which will now hold at least 3 kegs, possible 4 depending which ones I use - some of my kegs are skinnier and taller than others. For now it will have 2 kegs at a time which leaves plenty of space on the hump for my gas bottle - a 3.5kb CO2 extinguisher.

I've collected most of the bits on ebay, extinguisher was $100 brand new, hand turned wooden tap handles I scored for $10 for both (!) and the drip tray I picked up last week for $45 (see the ebay thread). Its got a 3.5" treated pine collar and the front plate is just a painted piece of plywood that is "bolted" in place with the taps. L-brackets run down the back (hidden) of the plywood and out to support the drip tray.

Its functional at the moment with the addition of my fridgemate but I still want to rig up a computer fan inside to circulate the air. I have a mobile phone charger to run it and will put in a micro switch so the fan cuts out when the lid opens.
I also need to drill a drain hole and attach some kind of tube/hose to drain the drip tray into a bucket etc. Any tips on how to do this neatly and cleanly? I don't want to go drilling any more holes in my nice new SS drip tray unless I have to!

KGB

chesty1.JPG

Nice work KGB. How did you mount the drip tray to the side of the freezer?

Nice work KGB. How did you mount the drip tray to the side of the freezer?

Code:
 L-brackets run down the back (hidden) of the plywood and out to support the drip tray

Cheers Ross

<--- stupid! :lol:

Thanks Ross for pointing it out. :p

I've been going through a few...of these pages and i've got to say there are some brillant ideas here from printing your own beer magnets to chad's sweet setup, i was happy with my little fridge in the shed till i saw that! Damn you Chad.

I've got to keep reminding myself, it about the beer, it's about the beer, it's about the beer - at least till i can afford a set up like that, then i'll be all over it :D

**** ME, i'm currently working out building a keggerator. kegging and actual tap dispensing's far more expensive than anything i've encountered with homebrew before. i've got a fridge which i've worked out will hold 4 kegs (woot) currently running two with bronco valves.

i must say, i've gone through a fair whack of this thread, some REALLY impressive shit here guys. but yeah, soon as i do my tax, i'll hopefully be adding :D

DSCN2458.jpg

DSCN2460.jpg

DSCN2480.jpg

I now use a soda stram bottle so it all fits neaty inside the fridge. The fridge thermostat is pretty good to, at high, it pours at 2deg and i can set it fairly well for 4 and 6deg.

nice job gibbocore B)

nothing like pouring your own is there :chug:

Cheers
Yard

Very nice setups Guys, my bar now looks 'dated' compared to some of these, :( now inspired to to do more work [even if it's only a lick of paint].
Some good craftsmen on this site. :)

Back