Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a new beer fridge today, and it is a thing of beauty. Completely reconditioned, and a slap of paint to boot. Only cost $100 and a few beers :p. Big thanks to Jye who gave a hand with picking it up :beer:.
Can hold 12 kegs on the lower level, but have it setup to hold 7 at the moment; 4 on tap and 3 conditioning. The rest of the space will be for bottles.
To the right of the fridge you can see the beer lines which run through the wall to my bar. Didn't have time to connect these to the kegs today. I also need to put up some blinds to the glass to block out the light.
View attachment 20214
Here is the bar. 4 taps with room for a 5th. It's modest, but sits well along side the master dining table.
View attachment 20215

Got a tear in my eye mate. Thats one sexy looking setup with all the hoses etc tucked out of sight.

VERY impressed mate. Been keeping my eye out for a display fridge to use in a similar fashion.

I have been busy - wife will not be happy when she gets home...

Off to read the paper luv.....

xxx.jpg

I have been busy - wife will not be happy when she gets home...

Off to read the paper luv.....

[imghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/kiwif/xxx.jpg[/img]
OMFG that is the awesomest thing i've ever seen!!!

EDIT: and now for my actual setup.

No kegging setup is complete without a fire extinguisher... in case it catches fire *cough*

Not the clearest picture ever... it's dark outside damnit :p

i need to tidy up my lines... beer line is cheaper than a flow regulator... - also i have room for two more kegs behind these

and now the token art house shot showing off the depth of field capabilities on my f2.8 lense :D

I got a dozen tap handles recently from evil bay auctions, the one next to the Guiness faucet has an insert that allows you to make your own labels for, its a Samuel Adams Seasonal Ale handle. The Koehler handle is from an old extinct brewery in the US, my wifes maiden name is Koehler, so I had to get it ;) I put it on the hefeweizen when its on, its her favourite.

BeerFridgeTapsm.jpg

Free fridge outside on the back deck in the weather.

Ruff as guts. Who cares what the boys think how it looks. It impressed me.

3 kegs on gas in the cue, carbonating and 1 keg to drink from per week.

CO2 pressure fully controlled from next to tap.

Beer temperature on display next to tap.

Freezer full of cold glasses.

No tap on the door - FANTASTIC!

image01.jpg

image02.jpg

image03.jpg

image04.jpg

Nice setup you have there mike, i like the collection of stored urine samples in preparation for London 2012! (Yeast Slants) :lol:

Well come 26th of sep my setup will be underway, i have inherited a free upright fridge off a mate to store my 3 kegs. all i ned todo now is upgrade form picnic taps to some Celli's and a nice driptray and ill be king of the hill!

Like the look of your taps, im tempted to go the route of the Shirrons, atleast then you can get variable spouts.

Decisions, decisions.

Just fitted out my new freezer. Holds 12 kegs. 7 brews on tap. Beats the pants off my old method of sharing a single gun for all my kegs.

The collar still needs a final coat of paint and I'm trying to find a bank of 4 secondary regs... but it was so shiny I just had to post some pics.

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

wow.....just beautiful....
allow me a question: how many people are you going to support?

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Mitchell,

Thats an awesome setup. :super:

one day ill have one like that.............. :(

Just fitted out my new freezer. Holds 12 kegs. 7 brews on tap. Beats the pants off my old method of sharing a single gun for all my kegs.

The collar still needs a final coat of paint and I'm trying to find a bank of 4 secondary regs... but it was so shiny I just had to post some pics.

View attachment 20993

View attachment 20992
wow 7 stainless cellies you must have a understanding partner
do you find it hard keeping that many beers on tap i have 3 and that keeps me busy enough
cheers paul

I'm impressed, particularly by the properly focused picture despite the fact that the beer is pouring and the mug is nearly full! Good nerves on the part of the camera operator. ;)

Zwickel: allow me a question: how many people are you going to support?

Yes it's on the large size. Mostly I wanted to be able to keep all my kegs into cold storage. I brew double batches so when full it'll theoretically have at least ~6-7 different brews in there. While they are in there it seemed a shame not to be able to taste 'em. Mob catering capacity is just a bonus.

stowaway: Where did u get the drip tray from?
I had the drip tray and splash back folded out of single piece of SS sheet by a bloke who makes most of my brewery metal work. Definitely not the cheapest approach... but just what I wanted.

paulbb: do you find it hard keeping that many beers on tap i have 3 and that keeps me busy enough
I'm not expecting to have them all live all the time. But we'll see how we go :) . I normally have at least 4 beers on the go without much effort. Maybe because I brew double batches beers might hang around a bit longer for me? Now I can start cranking em out not worry about storage or serving. I also plan to use one of the taps just for non alcoholic bevs like lemonade or ginger beer.

And yes I have an extremely understanding partner. She doesn't even enjoy beer! :huh:

i just finished converting the exact same fridge!! Looks very similar, but I;ve got 5 taps.. Pics soon.

captaincleanoff: i just finished converting the exact same fridge!!
Yeah the F&Ps convert well. Took me a minute or two to work out how the hinge spring worked to get the lid back on. Easy when you know how. And I'm glad I took another few minutes to check the inside wiring. Just enough extra lead in mine (after I moved it round a bit) to keep the light in the lid working after I fitted the collar.

I have two Westinghouse fridges both have had taps on them so a carefully placed hole already drilled.

Both need a good home for a small token amount of goodwill! ;)

Pick up in Beaumaris Victoria.

I also have loads of other stuff I have to offload if anybody is interested?

Cheers,

SJ

I have two Westinghouse fridges both have had taps on them so a carefully placed hole already drilled.

Both need a good home for a small token amount of goodwill! ;)

Pick up in Beaumaris Victoria.

I also have loads of other stuff I have to offload if anybody is interested?

Cheers,

Bummer your not in Perth....

Anyone in Perth need to get rid of either a 2 fridges or 2 freezers (prefer chest)... let me know!

Back