Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice job gibbocore B)

nothing like pouring your own is there :chug:

Cheers
Yard
cheers.

You're right, nothing like it, even better when you can lean back on your chair from the dinner table and fillerup :D

cheers.

You're right, nothing like it, even better when you can lean back on your chair from the dinner table and fillerup :D

for sure, how did you get the finish on the fridge or did it come like that ?

Cheers

for sure, how did you get the finish on the fridge or did it come like that ?

Cheers

mate of mines a sign writer, he has heaps of adhesive vinyl, chose 'mahogany brown' to match the mahogany stained merbau top. Prayed all the bits i couldn't cover with vinyl with spray paint and the plastic top came straight off with a few screws, was all to easy. Laminated two peices of 2" thick merbau, routed, sanded stained, hole saw down the guts into the fridge, four chinaman crews from the roof of the fridge up into the wood. To easy, and no complaints from the missus, cause it matched all our dark stained furniture.

Cheers.

bit easier than my first kegerator, i 'no nailed' tongue & groove to the 3 sides and built an 8'' collar, lacquered the whole thing etc, came up big but it shat itself after about 3 months <_< , is was about 20 years old though.

~MikE: If your kegs are functional, just bide your time mate - the cheap stuff is always best if you can wait. People always want to get rid of their old fridges and freezers, some even get HN etc to take away perfectly working units when they deliver the new ones.

gibbo: that looks superb mate. ;)

~MikE: If your kegs are functional, just bide your time mate - the cheap stuff is always best if you can wait. People always want to get rid of their old fridges and freezers, some even get HN etc to take away perfectly working units when they deliver the new ones.

gibbo: that looks superb mate. ;)
i already have a fridge, i'm talking about taps etc. i've actually managed to find 4 SS perlick forward sealing ones for $37USD each delivered. but then there's everything else, the quick disconects, fittings, shanks (also SS :D) and extra kegs (Ross, order coming your way as soon as i do my tax :p)

i was seriously considering these for a while - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=007
normal taps, chrome, and chrome shanks $49 ea posted. figured i'd bite the bullet tho and try and find something SS in my price range. i guess in a couple year's time, when i DONT have black shit coming through into my glass, i'll be happy ;)

I also need to put up some blinds to the glass to block out the light.
You might consider a bit of insulation rather than blinds. I know it spoils the bling but is really cut down the power consumption on my 3 door. Camp mat on the inside and the outside with some masonite pop rivetted to the outside of the door was my solution.
I'm figuring I may rebling it with a layer of sheet aluminium at some stage.

Your plumbing out the end is also on my list - I have provisional planning approval to bring them in by the kitchen sink!

Heya,
Just wanted to share a coupla snaps of the newest member of the Girth family. Born Aug 1st. I know it doesn't really stand up to some of the efforts already on this site but I am a proud new kegger all the same :D .
Only thing left to do is run a gas line in. Any tips on where to drill?

100_4314.JPG

100_4317.JPG

100_4322.JPG

drill on the side. stay away from the side that the light temp control is on just in case of any wires. NEVER drill a hole when the fridge is plugged in. Make the hole just big enough to poke the tube thru and don't worry about gorilla snot - it aint worth the time and mess it takes to put it on.

Also consider inside location. Too low and the kegs can pinch it, cutting off supply and wrecking the hose.

Nice fridge, just be careful when you open the freezer, don't want to turn the tap on by accident :blink: . If you hadn't done it already, I would have said drop it another 50 ml. But too late for that tho!

Cheers

Chris

drill on the side. stay away from the side that the light temp control is on just in case of any wires. NEVER drill a hole when the fridge is plugged in. Make the hole just big enough to poke the tube thru and don't worry about gorilla snot - it aint worth the time and mess it takes to put it on.

Also consider inside location. Too low and the kegs can pinch it, cutting off supply and wrecking the hose.

Nice fridge, just be careful when you open the freezer, don't want to turn the tap on by accident :blink: . If you hadn't done it already, I would have said drop it another 50 ml. But too late for that tho!

Cheers

Chris

Thanks wakkatoo.
I'll give the side a look. it was there or the bottom corner of the door.
Yeah the freezer thing is/was a bit of a pain but the height was taking into consideration the moulding of the inside of the door and was centred in a gap. I knew when it went on that it wasn't low enough for the freezer door to get past when the handle is on the tap but wasn't that bothered.

Not as fancy as some others on this thread, but it works for me!

Fraser John, Don't sell yourself short. I can only hope that one day I have a 4 tap set up just like that one. They may not be hooked to the flashest fridge but I reckon you would have mates lined up to look at it, and possibly sample one or two.

Drew

Good idea on leaving yourself plenty of room between the taps and drip tray.
That was a mistake I made.
I need to remove the drip tray to fill jugs and larger glasses :angry:

I've had some questions about the construction of my bar, and thought I would share with everyone here.

I tried to keep construction simple.

The cabinet was a half height Ikea flat pack cabinet, the same as the other full height cabinets to the right.

The splashback where the taps come through and the bench top are MDF which were very well sealed with MDF primer and plenty of paint. Then a rust paint was used. I will be getting a piece of glass to put over the entire of the bench top.

The upper part is a sheet of 6mm glass with 4 holes drilled through it, fixed with stainless steel bolts. This enables me to write the beer details and scrub them off when the keg is empty. Take note that when the lights are on, there is a distinct shadowing effect on the painted wall behind the glass. The writing is still readable but doesn't look quite as neat as when the lights are off. This is something I wasn't expecting, but is still not overly distracting. Just a heads up for anyone wanting to go this path. Maybe a frosted glass might have been a better choice
I originally wanted to go full height glass, but the pricing I was getting quoted was ridiculous for the extra holes for the taps, so a compromise for half height was made.

The lights were from Ikea, and plugged into a powerpoint behind the cabinets to the right.

The wine rack was made to suit the left over space and was made out of meranti timber and stained.

There really isn't much to it.

Hey Chad, while your description is, well, descriptive, perhaps a photo or two to complete the picture :)

Sam

Hey mate,

Do you use that bottle under the drip tray for ya mates to drink, just carb it up a little, cap and cool? :icon_drool2: :icon_vomit:

Hey mate,

Do you use that bottle under the drip tray for ya mates to drink, just carb it up a little, cap and cool? :icon_drool2: :icon_vomit:
I have heard a rumour he bottles it and gives to mates as "VB"

I have heard a rumour he bottles it and gives to mates as "VB"

I was going to mention the VB word but I knew someone else would cover that...

When I was an 1st year apprentice chef and worked at a pub, we had to use the dregs from the drip tray for Beer Batter, I didnt think it was the best idea but what could I say?? :icon_vomit:

well, i've finally got my keggerator up and running, 4-keg 4-tap system with shiny new perlicks :D (the SS models with the plastic spout)
i'll have to get some pictures tonight, but cheers to ross for having everything i needed for the upgrade.

Back