Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Here is my keg fridge, which is in our kitchen.

The taps are Lancer taps but I have replaced the Tooheys New and VB tap handles that came with them with the Speights and Speights Old Dark handles that a mate managed to score for me in NZ. Thank god he did as being a kiwi boy I couldn't live with the New and VB handles :)

Actually I have also just scored two Goesser tap handles from Austria. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Cheers,
Doc

Beer_001.jpg

Inside the Keg Fridge.
At the moment there are 2 x 18 litre and 1 x 20 litre.
Dual regulator so two gas lines.
One line has a splitter so I can pour from two kegs at once while the third keg is gassing on the other line.
I also have a 45 litre keg. When the 45 litre keg is in the fridge I can only fit one other (either an 18 litre or a 20 litre) keg in as well.
The crown lager stubbies in the door are actually liquid yeast strains that I've cultured up and split into stubbies, ready for starters to be made in the future.

Cheers,
Doc

Beer_004.jpg

Very nice setup Doc :)

I really should get around to relocating my gas bottle to outside the fridge, as it is proving to be an issue. I can only fit 2 kegs in there if I have the bottle in. Without it I can fit 3, possibly 4 (dont have a fourth keg to test the theory).

hey doc i'm glad to see you got the fridge :D B) very nice work...

Hi all,

Here are some photos of my keg setup...

mead7.jpg

Also one of the inside of the fridge...

Only have 2 kegs in there ATT as just emptied one.

mead8.jpg

looks great guys i'll try to post mine up. I have yet to place the tap on my door as i am unsure where the fridge will fit in my new room. (might be placed at a bar rather than the fridge door.)

Secondly a question that i gather has been asked and covered where do you get those great beer taps? i have a "twist" style (not as nice)

Ben said:
looks great guys i'll try to post mine up. I have yet to place the tap on my door as i am unsure where the fridge will fit in my new room. (might be placed at a bar rather than the fridge door.)

Secondly a question that i gather has been asked and covered where do you get those great beer taps? i have a "twist" style (not as nice)
Ben

I sell the Anndale Pull down Taps. :D

Fully reconditioned for $60.00 ea.

Add $15.00 for one turned wooden handle or $25.00 for two or $35.00 for three.
Your choice of wood.

I have sent you a PM re: details

Also what are the trays woth (SS drip tray) I was going to weld mine up but well i still havn't to much :chug: hehe

I can fit 2 kegs in the fridge but i need to buy some more kegs to see if i can fit 3. I will have to also buy a "T" peice to run 2 kegs of different beer eg stout and beer(lager)

And lastly where do i find info on yeast (eg making more of it once you buy a good lager yeast how do i make more for the next batch rather than buying a new pack each time)

Ben,

SS drip trays....500 long X 150 wide...1/2 moon shape to fit on the fridge door...$50.00 ea when i can get some.
SS drip trays for the bar top - assorted lengths...from $45.00.

You will need a "T" Piece...get brass 6mm.
Also need disconects... i can get these for $15.00 ea.
4mm beer line 2.00pm
4mm to 6mm splice for the above disconects 5.00ea.

Yeast:
goto www,grumpys .com and they have a section on making yeast starters...tells you all you need to know and is good.

You can make really good beer with kits, LME and steeping some grains and adjuncts.
I have an excellent stout ATT in a keg done this way...excellent. :chug:

ive got a few pics of my setup here

CLICK

I wish i had have known about those taps your selling GMK before i bought mine :( , they look awesome.

how much longer are you going to have them for? is it a constant supply?

nicko said:
ive got a few pics of my setup here

CLICK

I wish i had have known about those taps your selling GMK before i bought mine :( , they look awesome.

how much longer are you going to have them for? is it a constant supply?
Nicko

As much as I hate to say it - they are not a constant supply. I have a mate who is in the refrigeration industry...he puts beer lines, taps, setups in ond out of hotels/bars all the time.

He picks the old stuff up from them when he puts in the new taps...gives them a trade in value.
He then rekits them etc...
I then sell them for him for cash in hand so to speak. He looks after me with my keg setup etc...

Currently, sold approx 40 odd Anndale Taps and 3 Twist Taps for him, not to mention drip trays, bar mats and he now does the disconects at $15.00 ea for me...
I know he has approx 7 ATT...3 of which will be for a mate at work who I am setting up his Keg Setup.

I have sold some to members of this forum...Kook, Brendan and Big D has ordered one.

Hope this helps

Sounds like u have a good connection :D

Ill keep it in mind, as id really like to make my beer fridge look a bit more the part. :)

Your prices are excellent.

nicko said:
Sounds like u have a good connection :D

Ill keep it in mind, as id really like to make my beer fridge look a bit more the part. :)

Your prices are excellent.
Thanks

Let , me know when you are ready and i will see what I can get.

I will try and buy some next week. how do i buy them from you (i'm in melb and i sent you a pm)

let me know
can you hold 1 for me i just need to work out how to get it etc :chug:

Upgraded my keg fridge today, now that it is fully functional again. It now has three taps. Woooohoooooo

Doc

KegFridge3Taps_001.jpg

Hey Doc,

Where did you get the drip tray from? How much?

I bought a fridge last night, I'll pick it up today. Hopefully, connect everything up in the next week or so. I'll post pics when finished.

Cheers,
Jase

Jase,

I got the drip tray from a home brew shop in Sydney (What's Brewing on Rocky Point Road, Kogarah).
I don't recall how much it cost me as it was about 3-4 years ago now.

Here is the latest pic of my fridge with some great taps I was given from a mate in NZ last weekend.

Sadly though my keg fridge is losing its #(&*$(@Q& gas again.
Time to locate a new keg fridge or even a chest freezer and a font for my serving setup.

Beers,
Doc

MonteithsBeerTaps640x480.gif

doc - what's on the documents on the fridge - I sense it's something about beer..... ?

cheers
reg

Back