Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zindello said:
Heh, I'm glad you asked.

At this stage, it's not :( Longer term plans though are to "tile in" a small drip tray around the font area to the top of the bar, to handle any condensation coming off the font. I am keeping an eye out for a reasonably priced drip tray that I like the look of, but for now, it's probably just going to be easier to attach a thin (maybe 5mm?) strip of tiles/plastic to the bar to keep the condensation contained, so that it can in turn be mopped up.

I've been told that the condensation shouldn't cause too much run-off, so who knows. I might get away with just wiping the top of the bar once or twice a day.
condensation causes a fair bit of run off, better to overestimate it than underestimate

its constantly dripping as air temp and humidity levels change throughout the day

try to plumb the drainage out if you can, one less thing you'll have to worry about doing is emptying the drip tray full of consensate

Mine has been a wile in the making but I finally have the 4 taps installed. My only problem right now is keeping up with consumption, being a 22yo male with a lot of mates close by makes it pretty difficult to keep even 2 taps flowing. 1 19l batch / week isnt cutting it. I need a break.

The good part is that my mates pay for my hobby :beerbang: .... partly ;)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:7087]

Also, a word of thanks to all of you AHB forum regulars. I have gone from kits to 3v AG in less than a year. I have tried to keep the posts down but now am getting a little tired of seeing Amateur Brewer on my member line, compared to most I am... but still I like to think im more in the provisionals range.

ps... first time to post a photo... not sure if this will work

PacNorWest said:
I have tried to keep the posts down but now am getting a little tired of seeing Amateur Brewer on my member line
I believe you can edit that somewhere in your profile. :beer:

tell your mates to bring a six pack of something good if they want to imbibe in your kegged beers for the night. Fair is fair!

Liam_snorkel said:
I believe you can edit that somewhere in your profile. :beer:

tell your mates to bring a six pack of something good if they want to imbibe in your kegged beers for the night. Fair is fair!
Yeah I agree, my mates would destroy my supply for only a gold coin

I've been lucky most have been dropping in more than a gold coin, but we are all poor uni students so every bit helps.... plus the one they all like has a cheap grain bill w/ 50g of galaxy making it less expensive to produce.

PacNorWest said:
Mine has been a wile in the making but I finally have the 4 taps installed. My only problem right now is keeping up with consumption, being a 22yo male with a lot of mates close by makes it pretty difficult to keep even 2 taps flowing. 1 19l batch / week isnt cutting it. I need a break.

The good part is that my mates pay for my hobby :beerbang: .... partly ;)

Also, a word of thanks to all of you AHB forum regulars. I have gone from kits to 3v AG in less than a year. I have tried to keep the posts down but now am getting a little tired of seeing Amateur Brewer on my member line, compared to most I am... but still I like to think im more in the provisionals range.

ps... first time to post a photo... not sure if this will work
Love the usage rules ;)

Only way I could keep 4 taps flowing was to move to triple batches

60L of beer in a 60L fermenter fills 3 kegs in 2 weeks.

10-12 kegs means you can have 3 kegs 'behind' each tap, and when 2 kegs are finished time for a new beer

And yes, my stocks took a beating recently ;)

Well this is mine, progress is still being made and I have yet to choose my tap handles.

I thought i would take a new approach. The wife and i made the front panel from coreflute with polyester wadding stuck to it and fabric laid over the top. The panel is attached with adhesive magnetic strip so can be removed instantly if required.

Its nice to feel and soft to the touch. There is a huge range of cheap fabric at spotlight, so picked some up when buying voile for my hop bags.

um... what happened to my images?

here they are again...

IMG_20130324_150311_resize_20130324_150737.jpg

IMG_20130324_150325_resize_20130324_150738.jpg

Nothing flash, just resurrected the kegging with new ones from CB. Boy, do they come from the shop looking flash!

35BA83E8-E089-42C5-AF17-A3B4941297E5-1348-000000DADEB2FA81.jpg

170A4888-8834-42E4-83E1-BDA48EA7B459-1348-000000DAD940D5B7.jpg

9D79EA17-6C17-4816-8384-B02006229AC2-1348-000000DAD46938F4.jpg

Happy days.

stretch69 said:
That looks awesome, where about's did you get the insulation from for the collar?
Its the thin stuff from Clark rubber. Only 10mm but was perfect for my application. Its 1000mm wide and adhesive on one side. I only needed 800mm so it was cheap.I think it was $19/metre.

the fan seems to keep everything evenly cold. It's on permanently except for when the door is open, which turns it off (there is a reed switch on the door).

Edak said:
Its the thin stuff from Clark rubber. Only 10mm but was perfect for my application. Its 1000mm wide and adhesive on one side. I only needed 800mm so it was cheap.I think it was $19/metre.
Cool thanks mate, didn't even think of those guys

G'day All,

I have been working on my Keg setup for the last couple of weeks. I have a 215L Fisher Paykel chest freezer (it cost $80 at a garage sale). Still waiting for the Perlick 545's to arrive from the States. I'll post some photos below.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:986]

Thanks.

Andrew.

80 bucks is a nice price for that beauty!

Did you get your taps from morebeer? It took 8 days for mine to arrive so pretty quick.

Meanwhile i still haven't decided on the tap handles so it looks a little bare.

Back