Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Products Ordered:

Perlick Faucet - Flow Control
Qty: 3.00
Price: 49.9500

Gas Manifold - 4 Way
Qty: 1.00
Price: 47.5000

Faucet Shank - 4" S/S
Price: 28.9500

Faucet Wrench
Price: 3.2500

Faucet Handle
Price: 2.0000

Hose/Tubing Clamp (Small)
Qty: 8.00
Price: 0.6500

Bottle Opener - Starr Wall Mount
Price: 5.9500

Brush - Faucet Cap
Price: 3.9500

Shipping: 66.99
Total: 379.44

Of course that shipping amount adjusts depending on what you have in your cart (weight and size wise) so just taps would have been less...

Thanks Edak, taps, shanks, disconnects, gas manifolds, Bev Seal Ultra beer line all coming from The CHI Company as they use the USPS International Flat Rate Boxes so freight on nearly 20kg's was $82.00. The 3 taps were $20 cheaper than here so nearly paid for the freight, and the beer line worked out at just over $1 a meter, if you can find barrier line in Aus it will cost you about $4 a meter. Although I got a 100' roll so will have quite a bit left over I will prolly post some for sale when I finish my set up. However there is a delay on the shanks should be posted this week with any luck.

In the meantime I have set up a Beer Gun from my LHBS so I can dispense while I wait for the rest of the setup to arrive, I intend to set up a picnic system in the future so the gun will be used there.

I got the Regs from UBrewit in Albury as the connector between the regs only cost $5.50, although the tank adapter was a PITA to remove from the 2 regs. Had to use a vice and a spanner with some pipe as a lever to break the seal. The regs appear to work well although they only pass through regulated pressure so if you want to force carbonate it has to come off the first reg.

Kegs came from Homebrewingisfun on evilbay, a bit dinged but not too bad, although 1 came with 2 liquid posts, that confused me for a good while. The kegs were supposed to have a couple of seal kits with them but none of the small seals arrived (only the lid seals), the seller fixed that fairly quickly though.

More photos below!!

gallery_27232_986_7827.jpg

gallery_27232_986_2677.jpg

gallery_27232_986_11677.jpg

Thanks,

Andrew.

Edited to add section about shipping delay.

Hi all,

Started reading this post years ago and after some absence I thought I might post what I did for my keg set up

So some people might call it a kitchen I like to now call it a bar

I have cheated a bit by purchasing a kegerator from craftbrewer years ago. I wanted to build something around it.

IMG_1071.JPG
This is where it started

IMG_1167.JPG
Made some marine ply boxes

IMG_1173.JPG
Varnished them

IMG_1184 (Large).JPG
Got my hands on some recycled timber and laminated the old timber frames together

IMG_1217 (Large).JPG
One done!

IMG_1234 (Large).JPG
Clear coating the benchtops

IMG_3040 (Large).JPG
IMG_3043 (Large).JPG
Finished product. (Almost)

Going to make some stainless steel splash backs

I also have an Andale 3 tap T Bar font that I might fit in the future. Problem is that it's missing the snaplocks and I would also need tap shanks as well. At $60 a pop makes them worth more than what I paid for the font. If anyone knows of second hand ones, I could be interested.

Great job db73. You have turned what was once a drab corner into something wonderful and practical.

Looks fanfarkintastic db73. Quality work.

db73 said:
I also have an Andale 3 tap T Bar font that I might fit in the future. Problem is that it's missing the snaplocks and I would also need tap shanks as well. At $60 a pop makes them worth more than what I paid for the font. If anyone knows of second hand ones, I could be interested.
A mate got some s/hand snaplocks yesterday from Andale at Coorparoo $20 ea

smokomark said:
A mate got some s/hand snaplocks yesterday from Andale at Coorparoo $20 ea
Haha big Dan sounds like a proud man must be telling everyone

that's a really nice looking corner you got there mate, the recycled top finish is awesome

I finished my keezer on Wednesday night and had my first pour last night......perfect.

I just knocked together a collar as it'll be living in the garage but I didn't skimp on the important stuff - she 'aint pretty but she's got nice eyes :D The taps are off centre to allow a fourth tap some time down the line.

I got my kegs a month or so ago so I had 2 already filled and naturally carbed so I just connected them up and they were good to go.

img4312c.jpg

My very first pour.....

img4318cn.jpg

Bit of a go with the spray can yesterday got me this.. Going to trim it up with some Aluminium strips to bling it up some in due course.

Board.JPG

I'm not sure if anything like this has ever been done before, but I've decided to call my little setup, a ferkegerator! That's a fermentor, keg and refrigerator all together.

Pictures can do all the talking, but basically, I can serve beer at 2 degrees and ferment at between 15 and 20 degrees depending on my adjustment, all in the same fridge. I can ferment two brews, or I can ferment one and secondary one, or ferment one and store three (in 20l jerry cans) etc. There is enough room for glass storage in the fermenting side as well which was a nice little bonus, and enough room in the keg side for some other stuff.

Fridge cost me $100.

IMG_20130511_120907.jpg

IMG_20130511_120924.jpg

That's awesome.
Was it a pain In the arse setting it up to control the temp of each side individually?

Liam_snorkel said:
That's awesome.
Was it a pain In the arse setting it up to control the temp of each side individually?
Only the keg side is controlled directly (STC1000), the fermenting side is adjustable using the "coldness dial" which I guess is merely a vent to the freezer side.

I'm part way through setting up my flooded font for, uh, flooding. I've got hoses etc ready to be hooked up and a 5L reservoir in my keg freezer for the cold water, but I'm just wondering what pumps people are using to pump the cold water. Ideally it should be something quiet if possible and works with 1/2" / 12.7mm hoses. I will be running the beer lines with the coolant lines and insulating the lot (DIY Andale Python :) )

The plan is to put the pump on a timer and only run it a few hours a night to keep the font and lines cool, not interested in glycol or using an expensive chiller type deal given it's an occasional use home setup.

Latest posts

Back