Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Kegging Setups

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by Doc, 2/3/03.

1. caney

Posted 10/2/19
    Adds some charm to the aesthetics. There was some method to my madness, I did plan on using a flooded font on the top of the freezer, but the freezer lid itself was far to flimsy to support the weight of the font.

Nullnvoid likes this.
  2. KegLand-com-au

www.KegLand.com.au - A Land of Stainless Steel AHB Sponsor

KegLand Distribution
    Home Page:
    Posted 12/2/19
    It's quite unusual to see home brewers using the 50L kegs. Do you really like using them? One particular concern I should point out is that with the commercial keg couplers if you accidentally have the handle down while the keg is disconnected the your gas leaks out the handle. So I really prefer to use ball lock disconnects on the keg couplers so you can easily detach the keg coupler from the gas line. Generally speaking I would just use corny kegs only.

3. fdsaasdf

Posted 12/2/19
    I've used 50L kegs for catering events but as they're too heavy to lift when full I stick to 19L and 9L kegs for beer. Like @caney I have used 50L kegs for sparkling water but only when I have enough spare room, in that case I only fill in place.

I leave my coupler on the 50L keg all the time and I've never had a problem with leaks, through half a dozen events and plenty of water fills.

4. caney

Posted 12/2/19
    50L kegs are tits. Just waiting for my snaplok couplers, then there will be no leaks. Disconnect the fitting, remove keg and coupler.
    Plus I also have my partay setup, it was designed for 50's.
    Fits like a finger in a bum.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 12/2/19
  5. eyeofthebeerholder

Posted 12/2/19
    So here's the update. It will hold 6x 19L. I've only got 3 kegs right now (not all connected up yet). Also used my old fridge for fermenting. Both temp controlled.

IMG_20190212_233319.jpg IMG_20190210_201809.jpg

razz likes this.
  6. Ben Davies

Pest control tech
    Posted 16/2/19
    Nice work that is some cold storage space there plenty room to lager. You reckon them castors are up to the task?

7. caney

Posted 19/2/19 at 8:38 PM
    Hope so, they are good for 40kg each x 6. I gave them a good lube before taking weight, though I must admit it is difficult to maneuver, but I would say alot easier than no castor and trying to lift or drag.

Ben Davies likes this.
  8. Ben Davies

Pest control tech
    Posted 20/2/19 at 6:20 AM
    YEP I use castors on my brew stand and ferm chamber you can move if need for cleaning purposes.