Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on the age of the lines and how they were stored. There were reports of some suffering UV damage, which made them hard and brittle.

BKBrews said:
I posted this in my Keezer build thread, but I put my 4mm ID line on all of my disconnects with 6mm barbs tonight and had no issues at all. I have no idea how you would ha e split the lines - I gave mine a good yank with the pliers and stretched easily enough to get over the barbs. Took me 10min total to cut the lines to length and fit them all up.
Many of us bought shitty line from kegking... I have some that has since cracked without being used at all.

Ah right...

Thinking out loud here.... Is there any good reason that we put the latches back on our keezers once we've added the collar? Does it provide any downward force on the seal?

Magnetic seals should be good enough. When you install the collar, give it a metal trim. I used this and this, cut down to size, on my fermenting fridge. Works real good.

peteru said:
Magnetic seals should be good enough. When you install the collar, give it a metal trim. I used this and this, cut down to size, on my fermenting fridge. Works real good.
I'm tiling my collar, so all of the edges are being trimmed with aluminium anyway, I was just curious as to whether I could leave the hinges off for ease of putting kegs in and out of it. I did a trial tonight and it's not the easiest thing to chuck a full keg in! Especially when the freezer is already full and it's a squeeze to get it in there!

Aluminium is not going to work with magnetic seals that would normally be already present on the freezer lid.

I don't quite follow how you would work a lid without a hinge. Are you thinking of some kind of a coffin / sarcophagus arrangement where you just slide off a lid that is held in place by gravity and relies on the edges being square and level?

Your 4mm ID lines gotta be made of different material.
With 20 mins of work with boiling water and pliers I could only just get the 4mm ID I have to be open wide enough to go on the barb but it still wouldn't shove on... hence plan B

Inconceivable said:
Your 4mm ID lines gotta be made of different material.
With 20 mins of work with boiling water and pliers I could only just get the 4mm ID I have to be open wide enough to go on the barb but it still wouldn't shove on... hence plan B

Got mine from cheeky peak....

I have 5mm ID line and found that the easiest way to get it over the barbs is to use a hair dryer to heat it up and then stretch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I initially tried doing it with boiling water but couldn't get the line to stretch enough.

I also bought the keg king line and so far it is pouring well but there's been more than once that I've found a leak in the gas line due to it splitting.

Couple of pics of my new one that I have also posted in the thread "I built a keezer"
Hope you all enjoy was a great build and I throughly enjoyed it. So did the mrs Hahahahaha.
Cheer all for the inspiration! Couldn't have been done with out you all!
Digga!

1476437231723.jpg

1476437250743.jpg

1476437285193.jpg

1476437303632.jpg

1476437351433.jpg

1476437369651.jpg

1476437407041.jpg

1476437426252.jpg

1476437439052.jpg

1476437454713.jpg

Alright, if I have a near full keg that is hooked up to both the gas and liquid lines with disconnects.... How do I remove the liquid disconnect without spilling beer everywhere? I have 2 kegs currently in the keezer but only one tap, I want to now put the other keg through the tap...

The post self-closes, you'll get a very slight leakage in the process so I normally just hold a paper towel underneath when I do it. Just try to take it off quickly to minimise the time the post is half-open.

Also give the post and inside of the disconnect a spray with starsan before you reconnect them.

The post self-closes, you'll get a very slight leakage in the process so I normally just hold a paper towel underneath when I do it. Just try to take it off quickly to minimise the time the post is half-open.
And do I need to shut off the gas and burp the keg prior to do doing so?

hmmmmm OK. Just had visions of the disconnect shooting off as I pull it off, as it's under pressure from the gas.

How about disconnecting the gas side? Shut it off first?

Back