Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MastersBrewery said:
The air regulators used by some in the past seemed to have reasonably finite control (easy to set to pressures we use; <= 5mm between 0 and 100kpa on the gauge is nearly useless), the ar2000 linked had a working pressure quote by another ebay seller as 15-160psi working pressure. I don't know anyone who runs a keg above 10or 12psi. Buy right buy once secondary regs are available they cost more per reg but you know they'll do the job.
Already got one of them MB. I use it outside of the keezer. 1 line into the keezer and the 2nd for force curbing outside of the keg after crash chilling the ferm. I'll run my other KK reg off the T bit but I maybe getting a bit greedy ;)

nosco said:
Already got one of them MB. I use it outside of the keezer. 1 line into the keezer and the 2nd for force curbing outside of the keg after crash chilling the ferm. I'll run my other KK reg off the T bit but I maybe getting a bit greedy ;)
so you have this set at about 30psi for force carb? Pics?

MastersBrewery said:
so you have this set at about 30psi for force carb? Pics?
Someone posted this on the eBay thread so I got one for $98 I think. They have gone up since I think. It can be a little bit jumpy when fine tuning but it works for me. Having the extra long line for carbing is great. I was using a KK reg before that but I am wondering if using T piece to join them is asking to much. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1435228007.055272.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1435228058.437770.jpg

I just need to sort out the top and it is finally done. I had the freezer for 12 months, it took about a month of weekends stuffing around to get this far

1435299389604.jpg

1435299422547.jpg

Cooling in the top is limited to just the section where the taps are. Cooling via 90 mm pvc pipes with 90mm pc fans rotating in different directions. Bottom chamber is filled now with expanded foam in a can.

1435299549349.jpg

Just changed over all of my co2 lines from beer line to clear vinyl tubing, used 5mm which was a bit of an effort but I think 6mm would have been a dream to work with.

Because it is much more flexible it has cleand up the inside a fair bit. 8 co2 lines can be a bit of a tangle.

Went down the snow, my folks have a holiday house at the bottom of the mountain. Recently convinced my old man to get back into homebrewing and kegging. The old house fridge needed to be upgraded anyway so it has been turned into a single tap keg fridge.

Was cold enough to be able to have a couple of kegs out of the fridge on the Pluto's guns.

We took 8 kegs and left 2 kegs 3/4 full as people left and we all ended up sick towards the end.

1437088746251.jpg

Sick from too much grog I assume but would seem you had a lot of fun? I hope the bucket under the tap doesn't correlate with the wastage you have?
Cheers

Well we were skiing/snowboarding pretty much everyday and enjoying the beers by the fire at night for 2 weeks. Was a good trip, even got to sample the local breweries (Sweetwater, Bright, and Bridge Road - bit of a write up here http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/87219-high-country-brewery-tour-bridge-road-brewers-birght-brewery-and-sweetwater-brewery/?p=1300761).

Haha the bucket was a easy solution to not having a drip tray, however I did notice a bit too much wastage after the 18 year old nephews attempted pours.

Just changed over all of my co2 lines from beer line to clear vinyl tubing, used 5mm which was a bit of an effort but I think 6mm would have been a dream to work with.

Because it is much more flexible it has cleand up the inside a fair bit. 8 co2 lines can be a bit of a tangle.
Looking forward to 10 lines then.
Maybe a re-think...

crowmanz said:
Well we were skiing/snowboarding pretty much everyday and enjoying the beers by the fire at night for 2 weeks. Was a good trip, even got to sample the local breweries (Sweetwater, Bright, and Bridge Road - bit of a write up here http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/87219-high-country-brewery-tour-bridge-road-brewers-birght-brewery-and-sweetwater-brewery/?p=1300761).

Haha the bucket was a easy solution to not having a drip tray, however I did notice a bit too much wastage after the 18 year old nephews attempted pours.

Oh, I though you drank from the bucket - that would explain the sickness.....

Just kidding, nice coupla weeks

So after alot of running around, a little swearing, and some home brew ingenuity I finally got this thing done.
20150723_135518.jpg
The Taps are forward sealing and have flow control, the original line was 3/8 (about 6 inches was still attached, but old and brittle) that was attached with a compression union that was part of the shank. The shank has part of the flow control inside it, and a feature I wanted to keep. What to do? Well in the end I grabbed some 8mm line and some kegging o'rings and used those to compress the 8mm into place. I set this up for my assistant brewer Molly, if I wasn't favourite uncle before, I am now! Even got 4 new kegs to go in it as my Mytton rodd ones won't fit two.

MB

ED: trouble with loading pic

I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. Best move I ever made. I used tap kings for quite a while, but pulling the lids apart is a PITA!
I wanted something simple and easy to maintain.
Don't really care about multiple taps or whatever, whatever I've got ready is what I will drink.
Gone with a basic pluto gun setup. These things I reckon are pretty damn cool, always wanted one, so now I've got one.
Kegs are brand new Keg King jobs. Was surprised at how well finished these are. For the price, I couldn't go past them.
I know it's cheaper in the long run to have a refillable CO2 cylinder, but with a young one on the way, cash isn't exactly forthcoming at the moment. So I'm naturally carbing and dispensing with that. I prefer naturally conditioned beer anyhow so no skin off my nose. 4 kegs should be enough to keep me going for a while. Work commitments have definitely curbed my consumption.

New Kegs and line cleaner conditioning, have a witbier and a hef in 2 of them, porter to go in the other 2:

gallery_20727_1309_1749725.jpg

Lines and pluto Ready to go:

gallery_20727_1309_209937.jpg

Expensive way to buy CO2, but I already had all the gear. Will upgrade when I can afford it:

gallery_20727_1309_2017340.jpg

The little system above yours is also on soda stream for dispencing, I may eventually change that up, but will be fine for the moment. From memory you usually get 3 kegs done with the bottle.

As long as I can get a couple out of it that's all I'm bothered about at this stage. I reckon with my current commitments ill likely do a keg a month (just wont tell my pisshead mates ive got kegs lol). I like the font you picked up looks mint!

The font was a real PITA from the mid 80's came from a bar in Freo so was prolly about for the America's cup celebrations. There for wanted to keep it original, took a bit to sort out and almost threw some perlics at it but happy with the end result.

The work sure paid off. Looks the goods. Ive still got to polish off the remainder of the refilled tap kings ive got in the fridge, plus the 2 cartons of swill largies i inherited before I've even got room in the engel to put my carton of nail ale thats in the beer fridge so ive got room for the kegs. Should give the kegs time to carb up in the meantime though. Looking forward to giving them a run though!

Latest posts

Back