Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my defence 80% of the weld looked nice but if I left a raised bead it wouldn't drain. Well that's my story and I'm sticking with it...

G'day all,

I just thought Id share a few pics of my keg setup and bar build

Made from dressed pine for its light weight as the bar is on lockable casters so I can move it around on my deck.

The only hard wood is the upper bench top which is some really nice old growth merbau I was lucky to find at the local timber yard.

Please no digs about the sharks LOL I know I know.

anyway cheers boys I'm off to poor a nice Belgium ale

regards
don

IMG_0466 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0487 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0494 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0495 (800x600).jpg

TheBigD said:
G'day all,

Made from dressed pine for its light weight as the bar is on lockable casters so I can move it around on my deck.

The only hard wood is the upper bench top which is some really nice old growth merbau I was lucky to find at the local timber yard.

regards
don
Love it. Nice job.

My first keg fridge. Simple but pimped.

Old fridge for $50, used the same amount of money on the paint job :unsure: Sprayed in hammer finish silver all over apart from the freezer section which is blackboard paint. Pretty chalk sign thanks to the girlfriend :p

The new "Happy Staffy" Kegerator:

Happy Staffy.jpg

I'm happy with it for my first keg setup, had some fun painting and using stencils.

It will fit 3 kegs, so I will be adding another one eventually.

Two kegs carbonating now, then I will (attempt) to balance the system. My HBS guy gave me 2m of 6mm ID beer line for each keg. After some research I get the feeling this wont be enough so I have ordered 10m of 5mm ID. Overkill, I know, but I would hate to have not enough line.

Cheers!

TheBigD said:
G'day all,

regards
don
Love it, simple, probably cost friendly, flexible and you surely had help from the assistant.

Great looking bar!!

Love the hammer finish. Did mine in blue, with some added hardener. Have since added a big strip of chalkboard painted magnetic rubber up top and am looking at pimping the tap handles.

1409563920393.jpg

1409563951812.jpg

1409563973113.jpg

calobes said:
My first keg fridge. Simple but pimped.

Old fridge for $50, used the same amount of money on the paint job :unsure: Sprayed in hammer finish silver all over apart from the freezer section which is blackboard paint. Pretty chalk sign thanks to the girlfriend :p

The new "Happy Staffy" Kegerator:

attachicon.gif
Happy Staffy.jpg

I'm happy with it for my first keg setup, had some fun painting and using stencils.

It will fit 3 kegs, so I will be adding another one eventually.

Two kegs carbonating now, then I will (attempt) to balance the system. My HBS guy gave me 2m of 6mm ID beer line for each keg. After some research I get the feeling this wont be enough so I have ordered 10m of 5mm ID. Overkill, I know, but I would hate to have not enough line.

Cheers!

Love the brewery name and decal mate.

zappa said:
Love the hammer finish. Did mine in blue, with some added hardener. Have since added a big strip of chalkboard painted magnetic rubber up top and am looking at pimping the tap handles.
Looks sweet zappa. About to paint mine a similar colour, what type of paint did you use?

Zappa,I like bling on the inside of the door was this done so mounting the taps is easier because of the unevenness and shelving on the inside of the door?
Cheers...spog..

TheBigD said:
G'day all,

regards
don
Nice job,it must be up to spec as I can see the construction supervisor giving it the once over.
Cheers...spog...

spog said:
Nice job,it must be up to spec as I can see the construction supervisor giving it the once over.
Cheers...spog...
Yeah he's definitely a hard task master and takes efficiency to a new level, he will literally not stop for toilet breaks

beaker said:
Looks sweet zappa. About to paint mine a similar colour, what type of paint did you use?
Hey beaker. Painted with the hammertime stuff sold at masters. Mixed 50/50 with thinners and added some enamel hardened. Pretty much 2-Pack now.

spog said:
Zappa,I like bling on the inside of the door was this done so mounting the taps is easier because of the unevenness and shelving on the inside of the door?
Cheers...spog..
Partly, yes, but mostly just to improve real estate and I preferred the aluminium checkerplate over ply. Pain in the ads to fit though. 50 million holes.

My 80yr old grandad has been building a collar for my chest freezer as his own little project and he bought it over during the weekend to show the finished product.

Looks lurrrvely with a clear stain on the pacific maple. He even threw on a couple of brackets for me to put the enclosure on for the stc and gpo mounted at the back. I've still got two taps to mount (and a drip tray in the future) but they're both being used on my current keg fridge.

20140906_074009_resized.jpg

20140906_074016_resized.jpg

20140906_074102_resized.jpg

20140907_094823_resized.jpg

20140907_094832_resized.jpg

20140907_173458_resized.jpg

What a brilliant idea. Never seen that before. Looks grouse. !

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Home Brewer

Hi homebrewers,

My kegerator (tall freezer) had a lot of moisture in the bottom of it this evening, to be honest it's the first time I have checked in 2 months since building it, not leaked or anything but was starting to pool. I have a fan to push the air around, the moisture was under the wooden shelf I built and below the drawer that I left in there (chills glasses).

2 options I see are:
1) Drill some holes to get air circulating at the bottom
2) Stick a 'damprid' product in the drawer to collect moisture.

I'm leaning towards the damprid because I think holes would weaken the shelf but thought I would throw it out there if I am along the right tracks or any other ideas.

Cheers,
James

I use damprid and a towel in the bottom to soak up spills or any moisture, it isn't very often it needs a squeeze unless I've had a leak somewhere.

I replace the damprid once every 6 weeks or so. You can also get rechargable units for around $50 but damprid is cheap enough and effective.

Latest posts

Back