Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gav80

Would be great to see a step by step on your build
As Liam said - very tidy work

New_guy said:
Gav80
Would be great to see a step by step on your build
As Liam said - very tidy work
I bought the keezer with collar already on and added the taps and regs. The regs I bought with my old beer fridge. Cost me a carton of Carlton would you believe. I was going to look into getting some more but I don't know where the regs I have are from, pretty standard regs though. Probably get them at a pneumatic hydraulic joint.

Picked up the handles from Laverton market. Five bucks each. Beer mat two fifty. Metal sign two bucks fifty.
2014-03-23 10.32.23.jpg

edit: spun tha pic.

djar007 said:
Picked up the handles from Laverton market. Five bucks each. Beer mat two fifty. Metal sign two bucks fifty.
attachicon.gif
2014-03-23 10.32.23.jpg

edit: spun tha pic.
Re: the metal sign, have you ever tried Agwa? (It's a Spirit distilled using Coca leaves) Nastiest hangover of my entire life after a night on that stuff. Usually served in shots with a wedge of lime on top. Next day I felt like I was bleeding from both ears.

I remember when I bought a bottle of it. Drank it with some friends up at ouyen. Very good night of mayhem. But as you were, I too was a sorry person the next day. Could have been the Sheesha too. Or the rum. But i blame the agwa. The sign looks cool though. I hope to find more of these tin signs and fill the brewery with them. Hard to find those old Belgian ones. Anyone have any sources for them?

Is the sign pressed or flat, stickers or printed?. There are sources for them online and I think you can also submit designs which is why you see stores full of junk signs at Vic market. I bought a bunch of aged flat printed ones when I was in the UK, which looked better than the crappy ones with stickers and fake rust. What I want to do is akin to what they had at delirium cafe in Belgium with beer trays.

Mattfos01 said:
Mmmmmm, thats look like what I need to do for all my different variations of alcohol goodness I serve, instead of trying to always find a happy serving medium between the lot. Same things we use in the workshop for the air compressor lines, but would they be food safe, im guessing you could get food safe inline reg's anyway. I'll be putting these on my things to do list.

The sign is pressed and printrd edak. Thanks for the onfom I will try to find some more. Love them. Anyome here have a good source for getting posters printed. Looking to get a couple done soon.

TidalPete said:
Downsizing! Downsizing!

Cool looking taps and handles Pete, what are they?

Gav80 said:
I bought the keezer with collar already on and added the taps and regs. The regs I bought with my old beer fridge. Cost me a carton of Carlton would you believe. I was going to look into getting some more but I don't know where the regs I have are from, pretty standard regs though. Probably get them at a pneumatic hydraulic joint.
Maybe the same as these.... very cheap price, a carton of beer

http://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/index.php/co2-gas-bottles-regulators-accessories/product/239-stainless-steel-mini-reg

shaunous said:
Mmmmmm, thats look like what I need to do for all my different variations of alcohol goodness I serve, instead of trying to always find a happy serving medium between the lot. Same things we use in the workshop for the air compressor lines, but would they be food safe, im guessing you could get food safe inline reg's anyway. I'll be putting these on my things to do list.
Just be careful with that type of reg.
Some of them just dump the excess to atmosphere when they compensate for high pressure...or at least the one that I had did that as they are designed for use on a compressor where it doesn't matter if the air is expelled to the surrounds.

Just had my first ever keg blow. Rather violent occurence isn't it? It happened as the glass was just about full, so my left hand and forearm was covered in hefeweizen foam. I guess I should be sad, but I couldn't stop grinning. Strange things this beer stuff does to you. 'Spose it helped that I had 19l of hefeweizen in my spare keg ready to hook up!

Tis a sad occasion but now you get to fill it up again. The worst part is the waiting when you have a great keg. Every glass could be your last.

I haven't posted my little set up for a while.

Bar Room 006.JPG

On the flip side you can also get those magical kegs that feel so light but just keep on pouring and pouring.
But that never happens when mates come over. He he

Latest posts

Back