Keggers Beware ....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barramundi

Mash or be mashed....
Reaction score
hey guys , dunno if this has been mentioned on here before (IM SURE IT HAS , EVERYTHING ELSE HAS)
but just a warning to look out for leaks around ball lock posts on kegs i had one yesterday with a leak and upon closer inspection found about 5 pinholes in the 'o' ring groove on the inside is a more obvious corrosion point , , enough to cause issue if it went unnoticed for much longer im sure ...

anyway just wanted to highlight a problem t be aware of which others may occur at some time .....

Thanks for the tip, been meaning to go through and do an audit of all my kegs.

I Just bought some kegs off eBay ill definitely give them the one over regarding this problem

... just a warning to look out for leaks around ball lock posts on kegs i had one yesterday with a leak and upon closer inspection found about 5 pinholes in the 'o' ring groove on the inside is a more obvious corrosion point , , enough to cause issue if it went unnoticed for much longer im sure ...

anyway just wanted to highlight a problem t be aware of which others may occur at some time .....

You should only get pinholes (also called crevice corrosion) if you use bleach on your kegs or leave them soaking for a long time in other cleaning solutions.

David

no pics at present , will get some when i get the post back as my local HBS is trying to source another one for me so i can use the keg .......(dunno if the holes will show up in pic but ill try)

as for the bleach or soaking in cleaning chems have never done either , the hole is right where the poppet would seat so im guessing something was on the poppet and stayed there long enough to cause grief

Latest posts

Back