Keg King Series 4 noise issues

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnienz

Reaction score
Hi all,
Glad to join the forums. It doesn't look like I have permission to post in the equipment forum so hopefully someone can help me here.

I setup my new Keg King Series 4 fridge (bought from a local NZ HBS). It's set to 1 degree, which was the default and overnight it managed to cool down to 7c, with 2x already-cold kegs in it.

My main issue is that it's constantly gurgling really loudly. I understand fridges make a bit of noise with the coolant going through the pipes, but this is almost a constant gurgling/boiling sound that only seems to stop when the compressor turns off - about 5min every hour.

Is this something that resolves itself over time, or does it sound like I'm got a dud?

Hey arnienz,
I have recently bought the Kegland series X 4 tap and I also notice the same sort of noise issues.
I too thought it might have been a dud but now I think unfortunately it could be just how the compressor kicks in.
As mine is only a couple of months old Im not sure about the noise settling down over time

Hi arnienz, I would set it to 3 or 4c and see how it goes, we have a crap power supply and every 'brown out' mine sets back to 1c and squeals like a * pig! The compressors (cheap Chinese) dont seem to like working close to freezing…

Hi all,
Glad to join the forums. It doesn't look like I have permission to post in the equipment forum so hopefully someone can help me here.

I setup my new Keg King Series 4 fridge (bought from a local NZ HBS). It's set to 1 degree, which was the default and overnight it managed to cool down to 7c, with 2x already-cold kegs in it.

My main issue is that it's constantly gurgling really loudly. I understand fridges make a bit of noise with the coolant going through the pipes, but this is almost a constant gurgling/boiling sound that only seems to stop when the compressor turns off - about 5min every hour.

Is this something that resolves itself over time, or does it sound like I'm got a dud?

What are you calling the equipment forum? And can you post there now?

Back