Keg King Regulator and BOC CO2 Cylinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazar

Reaction score
Newbie alert!

I have a Keg King Mark II regulator, and just picked up a 6kg co2 cylinder from BOC. It looks like the regulator doesn't want to fit on the cylinder. I've put one of the white regulator washers on and tightened the collar up by hand, but still get gas leaking out at the connection.

Will tightening it with a shifter sort it out or is it a mismatch of fittings? I don't want to damage the cylinder and be up for a replacement

Is the washer inside the female nut, backed up against the end of the thread?

If so try a bit of lube around the washer?

It will still need to be tightened with a shifter, but it should do up by hand easy until it hits the washer/seal ring, then just a nip with the shifter.

Set up my kegs late last week. Got the same reg and BOC gas. I had the same thoughts with my reg/gas.

Don't stress they fit perfectly. Just tighten the reg nut to the bottle firmly with a spanner

Cheers.

Best way I can describe the washer us that it sits on the part of the reg that butts up hard against the cylinder connection, then the collar slides over and screws over to make the connection.

I hope you only have one washer in there and not the spare one or two that are zip tied to the reg.

I couldn't see any on the reg, and I added one of the ones that came tied to it.

Blazar said:
Best way I can describe the washer us that it sits on the part of the reg that butts up hard against the cylinder connection, then the collar slides over and screws over to make the connection.
Sounds exactly how its meant to be, is the thread easy to do up with your fingers, maybe because its new it may be a little harder, but you shouldnt have to hang off it with a spanner.
Once the threaded collar buts up and gets firm with your fingers, then tighten with a spanner/shifter, but put some lube on the washer/seal.

Yep. Sorry bout that. Reread your post and see now that you only used one. Hear of people doing some silly shit on these forums. But most of us are guilty of that occasionally.
cheers.

Cheers fellas, as luck would have it my shifter is a couple of millimetres too small so will fix it up tomorrow.

I can screw the thread quite far by hand, as you say it must just need a touch up with a spanner.

Back