Keg King LPG burner & regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ_L3ThAL

Such rapp, very bass
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these and only does single batches (up to 30L pre boil) on a 50L keggle?

I'm thinking either the keg king or a 4-ring auscrown with standard reg are my best options for my 50L keggle.

I won't be up sizing my batches for quite some time so want to ensure the keg king, which allows better expansion I think, is not ridiculously inefficient with the regulator cranked right down to the lowest setting.

Does anyone know the kg/hr or mj/hr of the keg king burner at the regulators lowest setting?

I've got the keg king one and it has no problems bringing 30L to the boil. 15 mins probably from mash temp to boiling, with me being a bit conservative on the gas...

Thanks for your response. I'm looking for gas consumption info though not whether it can handle 30L... I know it can handle hundreds of litres... but am concerned at the lowest setting it will churn through gas unnecessarily.

Ahhhh, nah it's not too bad. I think I get 5 or 6 brews out of a bottle. Maybe more!

Interestingly enough keg king have stopped selling the burners whilst they get "approvals".

I wonder how they compare to the BCF/Rays Megajet campfire burner as the stand looks similar? Anyone got shots of inside the megajet?

Might just get the 4 ring as ive been borrowing one and it works great and turning only the needed rings on is enough control I think?

Latest posts

Back