Keg King burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_dave

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying one of these "high pressure" burners and was wondering if anyone has any feedback on them? Thanks

i just got one from rays outdoors and it came with a free pot for $169!

not sure bout KK ones

Search the forums for "Keg King Burner" there's sure to be plenty of info
No experience with them, but the price looks pretty good to me

Just checked them out, they claim 210,000btu. WOW. I wonder how they go turned down. I know there is a few of them in the US but I can't recall what they call that type.

I was thinking of buying one of these for my keggle I'm about to build. Look like a good unit.
Just wondering though can you get good performance out of an electric element that they also sell?
But I'm guessing this choice may be up to the user what they want. Just wanted to check before purchasing a burner

Really rough terms trying to allow real world application including heat losses etc, 210,000btu would be about 4 x 2400w elements.
Note: This is not using an energy calculator as such. LPG burners have more losses into the surrounding area etc. This is just a QldKev guesstimate.

Did you know 210,000btu is about 62,000w,
That is a lot of heat loss when on the QldKev scale you can get approx the same ramp rate from about 10,000w of elec elements.

But electricity Vs LPG is a whole debate in itself.

Thanks for the reply old kev much appreciated. What do you mean by losses though?
I'm thinking of going for the burner most likely as I like the fact that is had a stand and I don't have the tools to build anything.

It's Queensland Kev, not Old Kev... although my kids tell me I'm old. I don't have QLD as that's yelling on the Internet...

Don't get too tied up in the losses. But basically when you crank a lpg burner under a pot a lot of heat/energy is wasted into the environment. So it heats the work area up nicely. Not soo good up here in Queensland. I convert my kettle to elec just for this reason.

Here's another stat for you, 210,000btu is 4.5kg of lpg per hour. Not that I think you would ever run it full for very long.

What size brew are you thinking about?

Haha my mistake sorry bout that Kev.
That's make sense. Ill be doing 23l batches in a keggle so I guess it would be close to 40 liters in total water at the start. (New to the biab thing so still unsure)
Gas seems like a better option for me tech wise. I don't have a large array of tools.

If you are only doing a single I would check with Keg King if these will be ok at a low flow. I know the standard NASA are great, but not sure with these "Banjo burners". I think it would be ok, but it's just safer to check. Also I would check if they soot up your pots like a Mong does on low flow.

Here's a

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a couple of these burners yesterday on keggles and they did a great job. Really strong heat delivery like shown in the youtube video above. Was able to turn down to create a nice rolling boil. Stand was nice and sturdy. Some paint on the stand burnt off initially however I don't think this is a big issue.

haha, they are probably pretty greedy for gas, but it's too early for me to say. All I know is that I had a partially used 8kg cylinder and it still has some left in it.

Latest posts

Back