Keg Head

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks qsr
guess we are not quite so supportive down here ... Although to be fair I don't really know many homebrewers here because life is so bloody hectic I almost never able to make any home brew club get togethers... One day I can get off the mouse wheel and really start living ... Been saying that for the last 5 years though..

I am going to try this for next batch ( spin on the all grain for thirty bucks recipe from nickjd) kegging this weekend

Have three kegs and lots of overstock on bottles so I won't starve whilst i wait

Let us know how it goes for you.
You are about to experience your beers with sufficient gas in it, good head and lace all the way down your glass.
I have never been in any brew clubs, (wouldn't mind it though ), wouldn't even know if there is any nearby to here, and have never been to any of the famous brew days yet either. One day I might be lucky enough to get involved in some of them. With Ross moving his operation to literally 5 minutes down the road from here, I am sure there will be some ingredients that my LHBS ( also 5 minutes from here - I have 2, actually 3 LHBS to choose from ) normally does not stock that will need to purchased from Ross ( not to mention BB's ) With so many already purchasing from Ross, I expect I will run into and meet quite a few from this forum.

Cheers

Whether you use the Ross method, slow carbonation or natural carbonation in the keg none of this is as important as the first rule of keg dispensing:
The pressure at the outlet should be no more than that required to pour a beer to your needs.
This is where line balancing comes into play (you will find heaps of info on the net), in simple terms your keg pressure will, and should be higher (often considerably) than your outlet pressure. You do this by resistance, which is a function of both line ID and length (a larger ID means a longer length and so on).

K

your method seems so simple to what I've used from lhbs
so you literaly set at 60 then leave it alone and in a week it's done?
A week? Who can wait a week? A week is a life-time to a dying man... Learn the rapid carb method and you'll never look back...

A week? Who can wait a week? A week is a life-time to a dying man... Learn the rapid carb method and you'll never look back...

When you have other kegs gassed up and ready to go.......waiting a week is not an issue.

What is working for me and suits me might not work or suit the next person.......Horses for Courses

Back