K.a.g. Inaugural Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieren

Reaction score
Last weekend we held our first brew day for our small brew club K.A.G. in Whyalla.

My mate, legham took some video footage and has edited it and put it up on Youtube here

The recipe was DrSmurto's Golden Ale but with galaxy hops instead. 16kg of grain, mashed in 80L Techni Ice ice esky and wort split in two to make a standard strength version and an IPA version. Underestimated the efficiency by a fair bit, it was the first time we had used the mash tun (and the SS pot).

Wort was boiled in a 70L SS pot from BeerBelly and a 50L keggle.

Great day, some tasty beers provided by legham were drunk.

The first of many brew days! :beerbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done guys! Champion effort...I can see why you'd make your own in Whyalla, not many options for a good beer... Get down there for work occasionally and I'll be there the second week of December actually..

Great effort, Great video,Great beer, well done

Im glad you changed up the music in the vid

Kleiny

Well done guys! Champion effort...I can see why you'd make your own in Whyalla, not many options for a good beer... Get down there for work occasionally and I'll be there the second week of December actually..

Give me a PM before you come up if you like. If I'm in town we can get together over a brew.

Latest posts

Back