.just Tried A Chimay Red...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agro

Reaction score
I just tried a Chimay Red, and beyond a doubt it is the nicest beer I have ever had - and commercial to boot!

Now I'm going to have to get into belgians... This brewing obsession just keeps on growing <_<

Think the red was nice? Try a blue and be blown away more. :beerbang:

Warren -

i love the blue but have found a new love in the white also
even better from the chimay chalice
edit - don't let the pope hear you say "commercial to boot"

I tried the white on the weekend (along with a red which I'd tried before, having also previously sampled the blue) and have to say I still rate the red as my favourite (and probably my fave beer all round). Happily it's also the cheapest Chimay ("only" $7 per stubbie at Dan Murphys, lol). But all three should be sampled (preferably back to back!) before deciding on a favourite!!!

i did the 3 for Xmas back to back and although alcohol played an ever bigger part in the process, i think the white was awesome beyond description and the other two were awesome but able to be described. does that make sense?

I'm still chuffed at buying 9 whites 750mls at $5 each!

Anyway, wazza, after seeing the label you use for your avatar i bought a westmalle trappist, dude, so thick. Just like a chocolate milkshake only seriously strong... thick, tasty, boozy!

Dropped in to bottlo, started with french XXXX, Kronenborg, then a coopers pale, this westmalle makes them both taste like (and feel like) water!

Must be lots of candy sugar in that baby, i'll aim somewhere in that direction for the next sugar monster. :chug:

That westmalle is a real sipper, no rushing that one, i have to work tomorrow...

Latest posts

Back