Just Starting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Os7

Reaction score
gday guys,

just started on the homebrew, about to bottle my first batch and cant wait to drink it.

actually didnt think id enjoy homebrewing quite this much, just wanted some cheap beer but its great fun looking through all the different things you can actually do with it.

to the topic i am here for, as i am just starting i firstly went for a Coopers Canadian Blonde but have only just discovered James Squire Amber Ale, wow what a drop! my new absolute fav beer.

ive seen a recipe on here for a clone but it seemed a bit too complicated for me at this stage as i didnt know what the hell all the jargon used was haha so i was thinking of trying this but wanted ask if it is ok to use these things together as i have seen them in the local brew shop.

Coopers Real Ale, Coopers Amber Malt, a Brew Enhancer?

can this combination be used together or is there something im missing or shouldnt be using together, remember just noob here guys.

also i have noticed the Malt Shovel Nut Brown Ale & Morgans Royal Oak Amber Ale kits. wondering how these would go also (not together).

i dont really care about copying James Squire but a nice Amber Ale would be good enough for me as i love the taste and colour of it.

cheers for any advice.

James squire amber ale was probably one of the most clones recipes around here at one point. Morgans royal oak amber ale is a good starting point. Do a quick search for the full name or JSAA and I'm sure you'll find some great help.

Edit: found it. This is a link to Tony's extract recipe. I know your just starting out but there are full instructions there or it may give you some ideas to add to a kit. Specialty grains and hops can be purchased online from the sponsors sites (at the top) if you decide to go this way.

Hi Osiris777,

good to have you on board. About a month ago, i put down a base amber ale kit for me to trial with it used the morgans royal oak kit and a kilo of liquid malt, is a nice drop and will benifit from some dry hopping and and maybe a light boil for flavour, alternatively my bro put down a JSAA replica kit (4L fresh wort)he got from our LHBS for about $30) and it had turned out pretty good a darker than the orignal but a very easy to drink beer. 2 options for you.

Just keep in mind when adding 2 hopped kits together you get double the bittering (precieved or not), ive done couple and not had a bad beer yet, they will need some time in the bottle to condition though. Do a search through the threads their is a lot of info on the forum, and may some of the brewers will add their kit recipes.

Happy Brewing, J.

ive seen a recipe on here for a clone but it seemed a bit too complicated for me at this stage as i didnt know what the hell all the jargon used was haha

Firstly welcome to the site mate, plenty of goo dinfo to be had here, so happy searching, the jargon used here can be a bit confusing at first so here is a link that should help, one of the first things I did was to print this one out and keep it handy, again welcome

Cheers
:icon_cheers:

jargon link

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=8623l

Latest posts

Back