July 2008 "beer Free" Challenge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

July 2008 "beer Free" Challenge

• Yes - I will give it a go

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I am not intersted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I honestly don't think I drink enough to bother. I don't have any planned AFD's I just drink beer when I feel like drinking beer, & if I don't then I don't.
Started work at 7am & finished at 11.30pm, I am currently having a cuppa tea in front of the cricket. I haven't had a beer since last Weds or Thurs!
Cheers
Gerard

mate - you're not too far from the truth. I need to get rid of a whole heap of nervous energy at the moment. Had a chat to the kids about it, to tell them that Daddy might be a little bit short tempered over the next month... don't know if it sunk in.

Eating salty crackers right now... going to be nice and strung out tomorrow I guess! :angry:

Cheers - Mike
All the best with giving up the smokes too, Mike.

I will call the police and have them set up a 2 mile exclusion zone around your house to protect the public :lol:

Aaaaa yes- and THAT`S going straight to the pool room. :lol:

stagga.

July is right in the middle of brewing season for me so it ain't going happen, but I might give it a try during March or November they are the cusp months between the two seasons Drinking Season and Brewing Season

Not for me... My neighbour would put an end to my AFDs come a friday afternoon... He tends to help me drink my kegs... :chug:

Drink up boys, not long to go now. :unsure:

This is just crazy talk. you guys cant be serious. It's just the alcohol talking, early to bed tonight for you I think . youll be right tomorrow :D

No mate, it's all facts. Its going to happen. I do need the support of the other 13 saps though. I must addmit I am on a binge now trying to empty a few kegs. Been into doc session lite and a choc porters. Does 6 schooys class as a binge?

Steve

OH and Doc session lite did not end up that lite, 4.5%, its lite for me!

"I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. And I've just pimped my mash tun!"

blingblingchurchill38rk.jpg

Oh sheez,

Thanks Steve. Nice challenge. I am up for it. I am one of the other 13 saps.

cheers

Darren

I'm not in for the month steve but if you do need to offload any 1/2 empty kegs ( i mean temptations) for the month then I'm sure I can remove any temptation. Good luck

So I propose that the month of July as many of us as possible go off the beer and we record our experience here for all to see.
Steve

Good luck Steve. Sorry I cant join in. My AF month is February. Firstly, its the SHORTEST :lol: month of the year and you've pretty much had enough beer / roasts / pudding / holiday EXCESS of everything over Christmas, New Year, Oz day etc so Feb is perfect for it. It was always a month off the piss for me as it was pre season rugby training too. I just held onto the tradition even though I'm playing o/35's these days :(

EDIT: Good luck though! Its not that hard. Its like giving up the smokes - just never say "I've given up" - just say "I'm off 'em for a while." Next thing you know you've done the month off the beer, and as for the smokes, set the next target.

my liver needs to earn its keep, im not letting it off easy, count me out

While I think it's a fantastic idea and would love to join in to show my support, I'm heading to Margaret River in a few weeks to sample the regional wares, so will regrettfully decline. I'm thinking about the mon-thurs thing though. Not that I'm overweight, unhealthy, or an alco, I rarely go a day or two without, and I think that taking some time off so that you learn to recognise that you're drinking intentionally, as opposed to out of habit, routine, or even addiction is a very positive thing. Good luck!

I gotta admit, my alco free month will probably be a short one, or broken up.
We've got our half yearly work drinks on the 4th now, damn it, and I'm not knocking back free megaswill - pathetic excuse hey?

Still, I could use a few more afd's and this is pretty much the only month available due to lots of b'day parties in Aug-Dec.

Not gonna commit to it cos then when I have a beer I will feel like a failure. But I'll just not drink beer until I really feel thirsty. I guess that's a half yes.

See how it goes.

Might be a good time to get back on the bike too.

Latest posts

Back