July 2008 "beer Free" Challenge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

July 2008 "beer Free" Challenge

• Yes - I will give it a go

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I am not intersted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hmmm...tempting. I usually have Mon - Thurs as AFD's anyway and Sunday's generally a pretty light session...oh, no hang on...apparently it's still a 'binge' <_<
I was contemplating a month off, it might inspire me to brew rather than drink and give me a chance to catch up...I'll have to think about it. Might be a good recovery from next weeks visit to Sydney.

The problem is a 1 month sabbatical is not going to change your drinking habits. Fad diet, anyone?

Maybe its this forum which is the problem? It seems to be affecting me too!

I reckon! More thinking about beer + more talking about beer = more drinking beer! Especially with all the encouragement - try this, try that and comparison of your own beer to commercials for learning purposes.

I'm glad the AFD thing has been mentioned a bit lately though, so the forum may be part of the problem, but it is seemingly part of the solution too. It's everywhere!!

I take the odd month off the beer too. Don't let anyone put you off, SJW, you'll feel a lot better at the end of the month and maintaining a healthy number of AFDs afterwards becomes easier, too.

EDIT: But no, I won't join you this July. I've got some big beers planned.

Thats 7 more blokes than I thought would put their hand up!

lol. Anyone can put their hand up :rolleyes:
Going 10 minutes without a drink and proving it is another matter. :lol:
Good luck to them tho, and remember-there`s a carrot at the end of every rainbow :beerbang:

stagga.

I would, but my July is dedicated to drinking the caseswap beers. :D

interested but one problem and that is my 29th Bday on the 6th and could be a big night
i could start on the 7th as i dont think i will want another drink that day

HMMMMMMM!!!!!

Actually sounds like a top idea.

But I have just found that I have run out of storage space as I upped my AFD to 4 in April but was still brewing to old demands.
As i have a blonde to bottle tomorrow and had planned a wheat and pilsner .If I take the whole month off I will have to stop brewing for nearly a month. I just enjoy the actual brewing process too much and either need to start drinking more again or ?????????
So until I find another cupboard or storage area I am just going to have to slow down the brewing.

It's going to be hard with the SE Qld Case Swap and another bash at Batz' Cave. And I know it's not tea and scones! :lol:

Iwould give it up for a month, but it`s too late now...... too late {sob} :icon_drool2:

stagga.

Good Idea Steve and I hope all goes well. I just had a 2 week break and felt better so 1 month make a difference. I now have 4 AFDs per week unles there is a special occasion like a public holiday, state of origion or a tomorrow.

good luck

daniel

Well Im already 2 weeks into a needed break and was intending to stay that way for awhile so Im in for July as well. This way I get all my AFD out of the way in one hit and then I can drink solid for the rest of the year. Im all for averages!

BDB

Steve - sounds like a good idea. I need to re-plenish supplies etc and havn't had a decent stab at not drinking for a while. Also gave up smoking yesterday, so it all goes well together....

Cheers - MIke

I will call the police and have them set up a 2 mile exclusion zone around your house to protect the public :lol:

I'm keen to give it a go as i thought i would do this for the month of june. I started late on the 9th and ended up drinking last night so 7 days was good. :)

Just a warm up for july bring it on. Beer guts unite in the dominance of the alcohol free world.

Opps just had a few

I saw the poll and thought yes a day off beer during July sounds like a good idea. Then I realise you meant the month off it. :chug:

I voted no!

QldKev

Hmmm, I've got 2 Birthdays to go to...
Both are pretty much Beer related events....
A Good idea, but no go zone for me.
Good luck

Hail the "Liver"

Well Im already 2 weeks into a needed break and was intending to stay that way for awhile so Im in for July as well. This way I get all my AFD out of the way in one hit and then I can drink solid for the rest of the year. Im all for averages!
That was my plan....to get the years AFD's over with so I can go hard....again :p
The reason I don't have many AFD's is I am sooooo keen to empty a keg and fill it with my next brew.
The soda water and Ginger Beer will keep the arm lubricated and half the taps flowing anyway.

Steve

I will call the police and have them set up a 2 mile exclusion zone around your house to protect the public :lol:

mate - you're not too far from the truth. I need to get rid of a whole heap of nervous energy at the moment. Had a chat to the kids about it, to tell them that Daddy might be a little bit short tempered over the next month... don't know if it sunk in.

Eating salty crackers right now... going to be nice and strung out tomorrow I guess! :angry:

Cheers - Mike

Back