Jamil Is God !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I must say, for those who dont create there own recipes, I see Jamil being quoted an awful amount .

I must say his beers are great, i just cat brew his English bitters as they use Special Roast which I cant get so taste like crap

Hey pumpy, have you tried brown malt in its place?

Is that the answer Kirem ? no I havent was goint to use the Special B it suppose to have the raisin flavour

Foustar just had a few Saisons .

;) ;)

I must say, for those who dont create there own recipes, I see Jamil being quoted an awful amount .

I must say his beers are great, i just cat brew his English bitters as they use Special Roast which I cant get so taste like crap
Pumpy Brewers were brewing good bitters before Jamil , I dont see way you cant brew one either ? If I rename one of my malts Special Roast , will you be happy ?
:D
GB

Pumpy Brewers were brewing good bitters before Jamil , I dont see way you cant brew one either ? If I rename one of my malts Special Roast , will you be happy ?
:D
GB

GB your right I thought I done a mean English bitter then i found I could make a Pilsner so there is no stopping me I have not got any ale malt apart for the Maris Otter for my APA's

Is that the answer Kirem ? no I havent was goint to use the Special B it suppose to have the raisin flavour

As far as I know, it is the closest thing available in Aust.

Special B is a crystal malt.

Special roast & brown malt are roasted malts

As far as I know, it is the closest thing available in Aust.

Special B is a crystal malt.

Special roast & brown malt are roasted malts

Your right kierem will give the brown malt a try

pumpy

I used brown malt in my dry stout. I think it would go great in an english bitter.

I have some here if you want some

We should both brew the same recipe and then compare.

Kabooby :)

Some bloke who brews award-winning recipes.

Usually pumped up to 120 IBU with hops beginning with C. Wouldn't know a decent Melbourne Bitter if it mugged him in an alley B)

But so am i.... and many others on here too???

Edit: :p to reflect the feeling in my posts here :)

I've brewed his bitter with brown malt subbed for the Special Roast and it was awesome. Toasty. Yum.

On topic: I have only listened to one episode of a Jamil show. I commute one hour to Brisbane twice a week and download numerous podcasts from Radio National (Science Show, By Design, Health Report, Philosophers Zone etc etc etc) and it's my quality time as opposed to Gen Y who sit there with their ear buds going boompa boompa boompa.

However the Jamil Pod I downloaded took an hour out of my life I'll never get back. It contained five minutes of hard information diluted by endless

"Well Chuck has just wandered into the Studio, hi Chuck ... hey, hahaha you should see the shirt that Chuck is wearing... yeah, Chuck ... did you get to Vegas? Now what were we talking about, oh that's right can you tell if an Amber is...

Now Chuck what's the rumor about you and.... wait a minute ... now.... yeah, Amber Ale, now in a good American Amber.. hey Chuck did you ever try that Dogs testicles Amber from the Blue Ridge place with the brew pub, what was that called? Old gangbangers saloon? Nope that was in Wisconsin.

Ad frign Nauseum.

Is there a book that this guy puts out by any chance?

[snip]

Is there a book that this guy puts out by any chance?

Yes, can be found here

I also listen to Radio National podcasts, but equally enjoy most of the output of The Brewing Network (including Jamil's original style show and "Can You Brew It?"), proving that the two preferences are not mutually exclusive.

Latest posts

Back