James Squire's Ipa. True To Style?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wig and Pen IPA :icon_drool2: makes me dribble just thinking about it
...and its on hand pump which lends a nice creaminess to it....mmmmm creamy

Sorry got diverted there, JS IPA is an OK drop if theres no other choice

Yeah that's my point, just because a beer has these ingredients in it doesn't make it classic, it all depends on how the recipe is formulated and the levels/combinations of each ingredient.

That's very true.
But I was responding to this post:
:huh: An English interpretation of the American interpretation of an English IPA? Not sure how it made it to the BJCP examples, but damn it's good.

This is currently pouring from the hand pump at the Wheatsheaf here in Adelaide, and although it's unbelievably good drinking, I'm not sure I'd call it 'classic'. Then again, 'classic' for an English IPA has lost and re-found its meaning so many times that it's hard to classify it anymore.

So what I was trying to say was that it wasn't an English interpretation of an American, but a classic IPA...

Keep going John, it will grow on you, becomes addictive :lol: The earthiness is most likely the Fuggle, the bittering hop Super Alpha can seem a bit savage and a little citrusy (well thats how my palate perceives it). Get into some Alpha Pale and Fat Yak then come back to the JSIPA, it will grow on you.

Cheers,

Screwy

Cheers Screwy, and others for the advice.
I love the Alpha, and the Fat Yak is very nice, a bit sweet, but awesome just the same-focus John, we are talking about English beer here...
Yea, it was the earth/yellow sand flavour that had me flubbed. However, I am a persistent ******* and I now have a list to try :)
Cheers, John.

Back