Is This Urn Any Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyler,

you are a deadset champion!!

i have just dismantled a kettle i bought from K Mart 1 hour ago, pulled it apart and the element and switching system is identical. I am going to go back and by a handful more kettles - $9 each!!

As a side note, i have a couple of 18lt stockpots that i got really cheap. May perform the same mod to the stockpots and have 1 system running from the same type of energy medium....We all have our own unique processes and this one for me, would be awesome!!

Cheers mate, i was just about to throw this buggered urn out!

Nath

Nath, awesome work. Can think of two things here. 2000W elements running side by side (read:eek:ff the same double outlet or off two outlets close by) may/will cause nuisance tripping. Be sure at minimum to use an extension cord from the other end of the house, or heat up your sparge out in the garage to ensure it is supplied off a different power cct...

Also, make sure all is earthed and leak proof before boiling shitloads of wort ;)

Pffft, $9....!!! Ripped off :p

Nath, awesome work. Can think of two things here. 2000W elements running side by side (read:eek:ff the same double outlet or off two outlets close by) may/will cause nuisance tripping. Be sure at minimum to use an extension cord from the other end of the house, or heat up your sparge out in the garage to ensure it is supplied off a different power cct...

Also, make sure all is earthed and leak proof before boiling shitloads of wort ;)

Pffft, $9....!!! Ripped off :p

yeah, you just read my mind... Was wondering how i would go with running 2 pots side by side, both with elements in 'em, off the same circuit..Extension cord not too hard a workaround though.

also, should have bitched about the price and asked for a $1.10 refund on all (4) kettles i bought today.
With a screwdriver in hand, and three mutilated kettles in front of me, my missus thinks i'm weird... :D

Back