Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome daintysquid. It's great to see another lady brewer on here.

Good luck with your next brew :)

Daintysquid said:
Hi

Well its about time I said g'day to yas.
Don't know how many females on this board that brew but I am another sheila that likes to make my own beer and enjoy it.

So far have only been doing kits and have done a ginger, stout and a cider something went wrong with that one was vinegar.

Anyways have a good one all.
[post="80571"][/post]​

Daintysquid - Pint of lager is the lady of this forum & she's one of the most informed brewers on here... You are in good company :D ...

Gday all...

Total newbie here, for forums and pretty much homebrew as well.

Am 30 from NSW married with 3 kids, tried HB 2 years ago, with bugger all luck.. one batch tatsed like wine and way too bubbly other was almost as bad.

But since the birth of bub number 3, budget is down, so out comes the carboy :p

This time I am going to take it seriously, I now have 2 carboys which I am gunna test run some base off the shelf stuff in. Then when I get a decent one, will look into this grain thing everyone is talking about.

Live about 5mins from a brew shop (also a barbar :p) and they do some wild brews and workshops there, so gunna give it all a good run this time round.

Saving up for a keg system, already have the old fridge ready for when the funds roll in.

My grandfather was a master brewer, and made the best ginger beer around, plus some very very noce beers (which I wasn't old enough to drink.. but did anyway :)) but sadly he has passed on, so will be picky your brains for my trials and errors.

Cheers

Beer. (and yes Beer is my actual nickname)

hello to everyone,

Im going to introduce myself:
Im a 58years old German, live in West-Germany, very close to the french border,
work in a hospital for medical ingeneering, specifically heart-surgery.

sorry for my bad english, Ill try my best.

brewing beer, all grain, 60liter-batches, for 5 years now. My speciality is Pils, Lager, Weizen and a creation by myself, a corn-based beer, primary should be a Corona-clone, but in the end it became much better then Corona, so I dont mention Corona anymore.

why Im joining an Australian Forums?
well, since about 20 years Im visiting Australia for hollidays. Mostly spending the days around Mackay and Townsville, also doing roundtrips.

I love the Australian lifestyle and the beautiful country.
... and what I like particular: one can get beer everywhere :)
a couple of month ago, I found this superb forums, since then Im reading it almost every day.
Congratulation aussiehomebrewer for this superb Forum :beer:

I think, we can learn from eachother a little bit to make a more exciting beer.

Cheers :party:

My next hollidays (6 Weeks) downunder will be in coming January, that time Ill do Adalaide, Perth and Darwin, also will go to Mackay again to visit relatives.

so, firstable thats all about me, I hope my post is readable.

Cheers

berapnopod said:
you can just call me Berp.
Berp.
[post="78632"][/post]​

James Squire said:
Howdy all,

Bottoms up! Cheers!
[post="79704"][/post]​

hupnupnee said:
Gidday,

Saw the intorduce yourself posting and hought what a good idea.

Cheers

Hupnupnee (Tim)
[post="79726"][/post]​

Spitfire said:
Gday all

Cheers,
[post="80158"][/post]​

T.D. said:
My name is Tim

Cheers! :beer:
[post="80174"][/post]​

Jerry said:
Hi, my name's Scott
[post="80499"][/post]​

Daintysquid said:
Hi

[post="80571"][/post]​

Beer said:
Gday all...

Cheers

[post="81387"][/post]​

Zwickel said:
hello to everyone,

Cheers
[post="81791"][/post]​

Welcome to all the new members :super: .

johnno

johnno said:
berapnopod said:
you can just call me Berp.
Berp.
[post="78632"][/post]​

James Squire said:
Howdy all,

Bottoms up! Cheers!
[post="79704"][/post]​

hupnupnee said:
Gidday,

Saw the intorduce yourself posting and hought what a good idea.

Cheers

Hupnupnee (Tim)
[post="79726"][/post]​

Spitfire said:
Gday all

Cheers,
[post="80158"][/post]​

T.D. said:
My name is Tim

Cheers! :beer:
[post="80174"][/post]​

Jerry said:
Hi, my name's Scott
[post="80499"][/post]​

Daintysquid said:
Hi

[post="80571"][/post]​

Beer said:
Gday all...

Cheers

[post="81387"][/post]​

Zwickel said:
hello to everyone,

Cheers
[post="81791"][/post]​

Welcome to all the new members :super: .

johnno
[post="81793"][/post]​

Yep, what he said, welcome.

Hello all you brewers!

Great to get so much info. and general fun stuff about brewing.

I've had 3 goes at brewing, all with success, but the beer is better now than it ever has been.

The first was when I was at school (70s) - ha, things were not as strict back then. My brother and I bought a kit for Dad for the upcoming father's day. We kicked it off in the bedroom wardrobe, and then went away to a camp for a week. Received a great reception from mum when we arrived home, but managed to wriggle out of the trouble since it was for "father's day". Any way continued on with quite a few cans after that.

My next series of brewing was in the early 90s, after returning from the UK and drinking lots of UK / Euopean beers, I wasn't prepared to pay for the premium AU stuff so I stopped in on Mel (then at Randerwick) and quickly went from cans to extract brewing. As I mini mashed more and more, I went to all grain with a backet in bucket lauter and a bucket with an element in it boiler. I still use it today as I live in a small unit and brew in the bathroom.

Started again at the beginning of year, did a couple of cans and was pretty disappointed, they were fine but just tasted like canned home brew. I maye thoght that they would have improved over the years, which I am sure they have, but still do not have the freshness I am looking for in a beer. I took a trip to Mel and bought some hops and a bag of grain and have been at it since.

I've recently had lots of help from Gerard with I appreciate, and got my bothers back into it with a large stainless boiler and really high power gas flame thrower. It's good to know I can go over for a bbq and get a good beer.

I brew a mix at lagers (in a fridge) and ales. I bottle into coopers PET bottles and pretty much always use a yeast from whitelabs until I get bored and get another one. I can't have a pet in a small unit, but I ahve lots of pets (yeast cultures) living in my fridge. I take them out for regular exercise.

Nice meeting you all.

Zwickel said:

[snip]

Nice introduction there Zwickel and no need to apologise for your English - it's very good.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to all the other recent additions too.

Cheers!

NRB said:
Zwickel said:

[snip]

Nice introduction there Zwickel and no need to apologise for your English - it's very good.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to all the other recent additions too.

Cheers!
[post="84184"][/post]​

Whit's wrang wi Zwickel's English?

A cannae see nae problums wi' it!

Hi all!

Been wanting to dabble with homebrew ever since I tried some of my mate's work at uni several years ago.

Got a Coopers kit recently, figured I'd start out the easy way. Hoping to start it up in a few weeks, so it'll be ready come xmas :D

Found this link via overclockers.com.au, where there's already a fairly sizeable brewing community it seems!

Hi,
Michael here. My beer-brewing status is best summed up by my sign-on (although I'm working to change that).
I hail from Canberra, and do what about 60% of Canberrans do (that is, work for the Public Service).

I love beer (which shouldn't surprise most forum-goers :chug: ), ride a Suzuki RF900R, play a bit of sport (so I can drink my beer without too much of a weight penalty!), and have a supportive wife who's happy for me to brew my own beer 'cos it's cheap.

On to my 3rd brew now; the first was a Coopers Pale Ale which, surprisingly, turned out OK. I have a batch of Coopers Sparkling bottle-fermenting at the moment, with another batch in the fermenter for bottling this w/end. (Hopefully the first batch will be OK by Christmas).

You might have guessed that I like Coopers beer. I'm pretty boring in that sense, as I would be quite happy to just brew Sparkling ale ad nauseum if I can genuinely replicate the bottled stuff...Still, I may try other brews down the track; guess we'll wait and see.

Anyway, Hi! :beer:

Hi tx123! I'm from OCAU as well (spankyofoz over there). You'll find most of the homebrew thread lurkers here, including PoMo and kook.

Nice to meet you too Rank_Amateur, I like your taste in bikes :)

Gday all!

I've just started homebrewing with a mate a couple of weeks back and now I've found these forums which seem to be a great source of brewing wisdom :)

I'm from Melbourne, 23 and I'm a bloke. (Like most of us I'll bet)

Brewed a Coopers Pale Ale kit for the first batch, just to get the hang of things. That's bottled and waiting and now we've got a Coopers Bavarian Lager, a Black Rock Lager, and a Black Rock Cider fermenting. Maybe we've gone overboard but I don't think so. :D

See ya round the forums :party:

Good Morning All,

I've been a lurker here for several months and thought it was about time I joined up and started contributing.

I've been brewing for over 20 years on and off. Started with Coopers kits and progressed to AG. I've sort of reverted to extract brewing mostly - due mainly to time constraints.

Currently I live in Brisbane (former Victorian, still current Cats fan) but will soon be moving to Coolum when our new house is finished.

I love the wealth of information on here and look forward to talking with y'all into the future.

cheers
Peter

:beer:

Welcome aboard tx123, Rank_Amateur, eldertaco and coolum brewer. You're in for a wild ride here.

:D hi everyone i,m only new to homebrewing a combination of things got me into it mainly the money you save but also i was just getting to much of a bad hangover from the commercial stuff basicly it was 2 days wasted afterwards. i use to go out camping along the murray with acouple of older blokes who drank nothing but home brew i and noticed after a session on the hb the day after was really quite bearable so thats what converted me. I've mde bout 7 batches so far just sticking to the canned stuff ( now i don't know if i have bad taste or not but i find the tooheys draught hb very good) i would be interested to know what others think. I'm on hols in korea at the moment but as soon as i get back i'll be stepping up a grade and second fermenting and also bulk priming so looking forward to getting home (now maroochydore) to try out my new found skills and also to do a spot of fishing. Be here in korea makes you realise how lucky we are to live such a great place well thats a little bout me cheers elvis
YOU GOTTA LOVE THE KING DON'T YOU

Welcome elvis p,
Its about time you showed yourself after all these years.
So its true that you have been hiding out downunder. :D

When is the next album coming out?

I'm glad you gave up the fried peanut butter sandwiches and have switched to homebrewed beer. Its healthier.

All the best.

Hail the King.

Johnno

PS. I wont tell Cilla where you have surfaced.

:) JOHNNO THANKYOU THANKYOU VERY MUCH
johnno said:
Welcome elvis p,
Its about time you showed yourself after all these years.
So its true that you have been hiding out downunder. :D

When is the next album coming out?

I'm glad you gave up the fried peanut butter sandwiches and have switched to homebrewed beer. Its healthier.

All the best.

Hail the King.

Johnno

PS. I wont tell Cilla where you have surfaced.
[post="89681"][/post]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back