Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome to the forums. have to ask though why did you open the fermenter to do a gravity check? the top should stay firmly on and just pull the airlock off while you pull the sample out of the tap. opening the whole fermenter could let an infection in.

Gday I'm Mick (Deep End)
First I'd like to thank admin for sorting out my hiccups at joining.
I'm from Tasmania, have been brewing on and off for about 8 years, I've just blown the dust off my barrel and currently have a cider down, and am getting ready to put down another and a few beers in the next month or so. I'm mainly a kit and kilo sort of guy. But I like to have a fiddle and play with extra ingredients and variations, one of these days I'll have a crack at making my own wort, but I'm happy to do it the lazy way at present.
Cheers
Mick

@BEERHOG
Yes that would've been the easier way but I wanted to see what was happening up top as I was little suss about what little I could see through the fermenter lid.

I've just done another check and one of the colours has started taking over (kind of a grey colour). Might have to pop on over the infection thread to put my mind at ease...

Still tastes like beer though...

hi,

4th year brewing, originally from UK but been in sydney 10+ years, just migrated off the kitchen stove to full boils in the garage.
After an initial couple of questions I soon realised every question I had, had been asked and answered already such is the greatness of this place. a

cheers darren

G'day folks. Good thinking spanner its nice to get some back ground on the forum users. Any way my names Ben, I'm a youth worker in Albany WA. I've got 3 kids and a wife, hence the need to brew my own.

I've done a few brews with kits and thanks to these fella's just started toying with extracts. I'm keen on all the darker beers an ales but when thirsty will drink almost anything.

This site has been the best thing I've ever found on the net and its educated me no end, so enjoy!

I am in the pilbara of Western Australia , been here 22 years , I work for a mining company and do shift work , days then nights all 12 hour shifts.
Been brewing over 20 years now , kits for most of the time but now doing partial mashes.

I am building my all grain at present and hope to have it up and running in a month or so ( will post pics )

Love homebrew and the friendships it makes , will be in Perth and Adelaide sometime soon hope to catch up with a few of you.
Oh moving to Queensland in the next couple of years.
And I am 47

Cheers Batz

Whoa! This was a while ago now. Take the way back machine and read a few posts from days gone by.

Batz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back