Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Folks

Jaypes here, long time drinker, first time brewer.

Started my first kit brew yesterday, loving this site and all the helpful feedback.

Hopefully in the future I will be able to tackle my fav beer - Duvel

Cheers
Jaypes
guaranteed ya will make all of ya favorite beers here and welcome to homebrewing

Hopefully in the future I will be able to tackle my fav beer - Duvel
Awesome! Set your goals high.

Duvel is a little bit of a holy grail because it is a little more complicated than the average beer, but with some learning and if you are not afraid to get into all-grain brewing early (you don't need to know everything, just enough to get you through), you should be able to get started on that path pretty quickly, just start brewing Belgian golden strongs using proven sound techniques and good quality ingredients. Mashing and yeasts will be big players there. You might not have Duvel straight away, but you might have some good beer that is in the same postcode, and at a fraction of the price of Duvel.

There is a lot of guides on cheap and easy all-grain setups, whether it is brewing in a bag or using buckets as mash/lauter tuns.

The main thing is that you have fun. You already know what good beer is, there is a cool journey ahead.

Hey Blokes,

As they say in the classics, long time reader first time poster.

Been reading the forum for a while and have not needed to ask any questions as the volume of information on here is fantastic and I'm nowhere near skilled enough to be answering questions on here. Anyway wanted to say thanks for a great forum, I've been brewing and bottling for around 15 years and took the step into kegging recently. The information on here made it much easier to work out what to buy and having a chat with Ross was a big help. I ended up buying a KekKing fridge as they are localish to me and the Mrs wanted something that looked OK in the house. I upgraded it to Perlick 545 taps so balancing would be easier for a newbie and not to have line everywhere.
Anyway had my first pour the other night, a Mountain Goat hightail imitation (a fairly poor one) and all I can say is I'm really happy.

Cheers!
WP_000442.jpg

Hey Blokes,

As they say in the classics, long time reader first time poster.

Been reading the forum for a while and have not needed to ask any questions as the volume of information on here is fantastic and I'm nowhere near skilled enough to be answering questions on here. Anyway wanted to say thanks for a great forum, I've been brewing and bottling for around 15 years and took the step into kegging recently. The information on here made it much easier to work out what to buy and having a chat with Ross was a big help. I ended up buying a KekKing fridge as they are localish to me and the Mrs wanted something that looked OK in the house. I upgraded it to Perlick 545 taps so balancing would be easier for a newbie and not to have line everywhere.
Anyway had my first pour the other night, a Mountain Goat hightail imitation (a fairly poor one) and all I can say is I'm really happy.

Cheers!
WP_000442.jpg
Welcome to the forum. Kegging is great. Youll never look back.
Now you've just got get yourself to a brewclub. If kegking is close to you, then come check out Melbourne brewers.

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while soaking up knowledge, but finally have some questions and some experience of my own to add.

Setup is a crown urn for BIAB and a two-tap kegerator. Living in the Sutherland Shire, I've been brewing for a bit over a year or so after seeing a second hand cooper's kit for sale on the local bulletin board. I started with a few kits, but wanted to make something from scratch, so moved to AG pretty quickly. Now I'm an IPA machine :)

It's awesome to see such an active community here, it's definitely been a big help in my learning curve

I've just started using liquid yeasts for experimentation with differnet flavours, having used dry yeast for about 12 months. Next step is to add more control to my process, especially fermentation temp control, so I'm not at the mercy of the seasons

Cheers!

Hi guys,
Been browsing around the forum for a little while picking up tips and tricks but thought I should say hi.
I started getting into homebrew a few years back but after six months or so i managed to hit across a few bad batches and packed away the gear.
In the meantime a friend of mine got into AG brewing and is making truly awesome beers. His passion for it has gotten me back up and running and now I have a basic setup going with beer fridge, fermentation fridge but still running kits although so much better this time around.
Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be brewing my first AG batch. Going to try and keep it simple but who knows what'll happen
My biggest problem now is not being able to drink the beer quick enough to free up that next keg :D

Hi guys,
Been browsing around the forum for a little while picking up tips and tricks but thought I should say hi.
I started getting into homebrew a few years back but after six months or so i managed to hit across a few bad batches and packed away the gear.
In the meantime a friend of mine got into AG brewing and is making truly awesome beers. His passion for it has gotten me back up and running and now I have a basic setup going with beer fridge, fermentation fridge but still running kits although so much better this time around.
Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be brewing my first AG batch. Going to try and keep it simple but who knows what'll happen
My biggest problem now is not being able to drink the beer quick enough to free up that next keg :D
Welcome aboard...I know the problem well, I only started a few weeks back and already have 7 slabs of home brew either conditioning or fermenting. And all the ingredients ready to go for my first partial/extract, the Dr Smurto Golden Ale of course.

What do you reckon caused your bad batches a few years back? Sanitation? Fermentation temps? i.e. what are you doing differently now with your kits that are much better this time?

Another newbie checking in.

Great site with a lot of very useful information. Hope to keep learning as I progress from utterly clueless to head brewer at a brew pub (I wish!).

I got the bug after going to the Beer Factory in Seven Hills with some mates. Beer turned out extremely well and we decided it was too easy not to have a crack. That was Extract brewing we did at the Beer Factory.

I was going to start with an extract in the same way as we'd done previously, but time overtook me and I've had to shortcut everything to have beer for Christmas by buying a FWK or three - has saved me going out and buying urns etc for now.

The FWKs are from Brewers Selection. I'm 3 days into the fermentation on an English IPA, an Australian Pale Ale (Norwest) and a dark Czech lager (Cervy Pino or similar) and they're doing stuff (ie bubbling away) so assume I did ok - hard to screw it up but you never know.

Next step probably will be Extract Brewing or possibly even a jump straight to BIAB.

Anyway, just saying hello and thanks for the forum.

Cheers,

giddo

Hi all

Coops here, been lurking here for ages and thought it was time to say G'day. Have been brewing for about 3 years and have progressed to AG using BIAB and no-chill in the last 18 months thanks to the help of AHB.
Hopefully the next progression will be a keg set up,(once i can convince SWMBO).

Any way thanks for all the great info,
Cheers Coop.

Hi all,

Have been brewing for the past year or two just by chucking a can of extract and something sugary into the fermenter but recently have setup a basic keg system and will hopefully get a bit more serious, eventually moving up to all-grains.

Looking forward to slowly absorbing the huge amount of info here.

Cheers,

Thomas

Hi all,

Have been brewing for the past year or two just by chucking a can of extract and something sugary into the fermenter but recently have setup a basic keg system and will hopefully get a bit more serious, eventually moving up to all-grains.

Looking forward to slowly absorbing the huge amount of info here.

Cheers,

Thomas

Hi Thomas and welcome to the forum, plenty of great brewers in Perth ..
This guy will help you out.

http://www.gryphonbrewing.com.au/

Hello and welcome Thomas

And + 1 for Gryphon

The slope to Ag is a slippery one it was only a few months ago I said I'll stay with K&K well that didn't last long

Once again welcome

Thanks guys, will definitely check out Gryphon.

I tasted someone elses AG and it was phenomenal. Baby steps though :D

Hi y'all,

New here, so thought it best to start off with an almighty howdy!
And a brief-ish intro to where it is that I am at..
Basically I'm just starting out with the kit n kilo, until we get a better set-up. I intend though to move to AG as soon as it is feasible.

Two days ago I put down a honey ginger beer, which I intend on adding some bottled lime juice and some chilli later to the brew. Any tips/advice on doing this would be appreciated!!

I like to think I have a pretty fair grounding and general knowledge of the awesomeness of beer, but I'm quite new to brewing process and moreso the bit where I get to do it myself. ha.
Anyways, I've been wanting to brew my own for a little while now, but I'm pretty slack, but the idea that really inspired me go 2 hrs across town to get all the equipment was: the idea of making a 7/8% chilli rauch beer... Yeah!
Because, where is smoke without the fire?? :kooi:

I guess, you can all expect and look forward to seeing me about the place asking loads of stupid questions.. :D
that is all...

Hi All,

Thought I would introduce myself. Im from Adelaide and new to home brewing.
I got myself set up for kegging just enjoying being able to go out to the shed and poor a cold beer after work.
Im happy learning with kits at the moment.
This week Ive got a chest freezer working with a temp controller to ferment in. Looking forward to seeing how this improves the beer.
This site has been very helpful to research and learn from thanks to everyone.

IMG-20121128-00727_zpsf9742725.jpg

IMG-20121128-00728_zps8aaa74e6.jpg

Hi All,

I just got into brewing about a month ago and jumped in head first. Built a keezer with a wooden collar and one tap (for now). Built a temperature controller so I can use it as to ferment in as well. Everything works great.

Finished my first keg heaps quicker than I thought I would. I've got another in the keg waiting for xmas and another brewing to be kegged on christmas day.

The wife is a bit miffed that she's lost half the laundry, but she enjoys the beers now so no harm done.

Hi everyone,

I've been brewing on and off for about 7years now. I've got back into all grain again after a few years hiatus (kids, exams and work got in the way). I discovered BIAB this year using a 40L crown urn, which has really made brewing so much easier compared to my old dodgy brothers 3v setup.

I'm brewing ales only at the moment until I get a new fermenting/lagering fridge. That's fine by me for the moment as I've turned into a bit of a hophead after a trip to west coast USA and canada this year. In fact I've just bottle my first west coast inspired IPA last week (columbus, cascade and citra).

Still bottling (sadly) but I'm planning a keezer setup for the near future, and I frequently drool over some of the awesome home bar setups on this site.

Regards

Mule

Hi everyone,

I've been brewing on and off for about 7years now. I've got back into all grain again after a few years hiatus (kids, exams and work got in the way). I discovered BIAB this year using a 40L crown urn, which has really made brewing so much easier compared to my old dodgy brothers 3v setup.

I'm brewing ales only at the moment until I get a new fermenting/lagering fridge. That's fine by me for the moment as I've turned into a bit of a hophead after a trip to west coast USA and canada this year. In fact I've just bottle my first west coast inspired IPA last week (columbus, cascade and citra).

Still bottling (sadly) but I'm planning a keezer setup for the near future, and I frequently drool over some of the awesome home bar setups on this site.

Regards

Mule

Welcome to the forum Mule, as soon as you start kegging a whole new world of brewing will open up for you.
Glad to see your happy with BIAB too.

Andrew

Cheers Andrew, thanks for the welcome :)
Yeah, I can't wait to try kegging. I think I'm going to learn a lot from this forum.

I'm really happy with BIAB. BIAB in an urn really does make AG a snap. Brew day is not really any shorter, but it's certainly simpler and let's me multitask in between steps.

Regards,

Mule

Hi all

I've been reading this forum for months now and excitedly awaiting my chance to start homebrewing. Finally got some equiment, some extract, some hops and some yeast and am gonna put down my first brew just as soon as I get some free time on a day that isn't a total fire ban.

Thought I'd introduce myself and thank all those from whom I've learnt while spying on the forum these last few months.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back