Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fingerlickin_B,

No, the lid was off! I just didn't think to fill my sink w/ ice and ice it down. But now I know better....

"See maw, that there boy c'n larn!"

After about a year of lurking, figured it was time posted something

My name is Andrew, from Dunedin, New Zealand (or should that be Nu Zulund? :D ). I've been brewing for about 4 years, All grain for the last year. I'm in the process of building a new single tier system (at SWMBO's request), after a wee "incident" involving a keg of hot wort and a pair of melted pants.

I mostly brew IPA's and brown ales, with the odd hefe thrown in to keep the better half happy.

Anyway, look forward to getting flamed for being a Kiwi :D

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Shunty,
welcome to the forum.

johnno

Welcome Shunty.
You won't get flamed for being a kiwi. There are a few of us here to back you up :lol:

Beers,
Doc

yes you will get flamed...oh yes you will

If we ever win another rugby test, look forward to a good long flaming. Unfortunately, that might take a while.

G'day all,
My names Matt from Brisbane, I have been reading the forum for a little while, try to build up my knowledge base before taking the leap into Homebrew. This is a great place to find info. I'm looking at getting a basic setup to start with and then go from there.
Any suggestions for a first brew?

Cheers,
Matt

Hi all, my names Bob and I went back to brewing one year ago and jumped straight into partials after the crap we all [well most] brewed years ago and have not looked back, in the last year I have done 51 brews with 4 being AG the others being my partials and a few [plenty] of Grumpys partials.
Also started using Wyeast then , most being Ales.
I am 55 and now out of work [as of last friday], done 3 partials and planning an AG in the last week and smacked a pack today, I have to find a job, Too much beer! :party: :unsure:

Hello all,
My name's Sam.
Been All graining for almost a year now. It's becoming addictive. Lately i've been doing up to 4 brews a week. Mostly APA's, along the lines of Jayse's skunk fart ale.
The odd IPA & Barleywine, and a few hefe's. I wish i had discovered AG years ago and saved all that time and money wasted on kits.
Are there any AG'ers in Adelaide who would be interested in sharing a beer or 10?
It would be great to see what other people are brewing & get some feedback on my beer (mates will say its all great but they're drinking free beer & wish to keep doing so). I need some beer critics. If you'd been to a 'monster mash' on Brighton Rd late last year you may have seen me there (the quiet guy who stood in the corner & watched).
Anyway, cheers & keep brewing.
Sam

G'day fellas!

I've snuck in a few posts before this!

My name is Bradley i have caught the bug! I got a kit about 5 years ago for christmas did one brew and it was crap.... gave up...wish I hadn't. I cant drink VB anymore and insist on at least coopers.

My job allows me to get around to some of the microbreweries in Vic - I feel blessed . I have made about 5 brews since I started again and they have been drinkable but I aiming for AG perfection.

G'day Brad and Sam,
Welcome to the obsession.
cheers
Darren

Hi all,
I'm from Coburg in melbourne, i'm 23 and have been brewing for almost a year now. I'm getting addicted, all the info on this site is just great :D
I've been reading it for hours a day and can't get enough, before i got on this site i thought i was making good beer because i was using malt and extra hops with my kits :)
This site has opened up a much larger world ( All Grain )
I love belgian beers and just the thought of hopefully in the future make beers slightly similiar to some of my favourites ( Duuvel, Chimay and Leffe) gets me excited :beer: ( my friends say i should get a life :lol: )
I've now stopped using kits and hopefully getting into all grain in the near future.
I'm going to do my first secondary fermentation of a pilsner in a the fridge in a few days.
Soon i'll be growing my yeasts and then who knows.
I have found out that Grain and Grape do all grain demos on the last Saturday of the month, i was going to go to this months but alas it is Grand final day, maybe i'll go to the one in October.
Anyway thanks for all the great advice and keep that great info coming.
Cheers.

Welcome to the new blokes.
Hang on for the ride.

cheers
johnno

Hi,

My name is Scotty. I have only been brewing for a few months but this site has helped me heaps already. Great advice and recipes.

Thanks,
Scotty B)

Gday Brewers,
just wanted to say hello Ive just come across the forums here and it looks like fun.
Ive been brewing for the last couple of years ,and now looking to start kegging
Look foward to getting to now you all online
Franko

G'day Franko.

Welcome on board. :beerbang:

Warren -

Welcome to Franko and scotty1975.

Have an enjoyable read around the site

You might want to fill out the location section in your details so the other brewers here can extend invites and the like to their local do's

Linz said:
Welcome to Franko and scotty1975.

Have an enjoyable read around the site

You might want to fill out the location section in your details so the other brewers here can extend invites and the like to their local do's
[post="76702"][/post]​

Thanks Linz,
Im from the Macarthur area as well :party: :beer:

Hey all,

My name's Phil and I'm a 23yo Perth student doing my PhD in chemistry (and unfortunately will admit to an undergraduate background in IT too :rolleyes:)

I've been brewing for exactly a week and a half, but I make up for my inexperience in the creation with too much experience in consumption ... my housemate works at Vintage Cellar's so there's a never ending supply of (unpronouncable) beers in our fridge, plus my folks are German so I've never been allowed to drink anything that's marketed via its own abbreviation :D

Huge fan of Cooper's, Asahi, Redback, LCPA, McCaffery's ... but basically got into brewing because I'm sick of paying a fortune to drink a decent HefeWeizen that's been in transport for half a year. Joining the site's allowed me to see that my production line of Weizens is gonna be a little way off yet, but it also looks like it'll be a damn good time learning how to get there...

Cheers all, and congrats on a brilliant community! B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back