Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
have a supportive wife who's happy for me to brew my own beer 'cos it's cheap.
Reckon that'll change,its a slippery slope... ;)

Get ya freak on...Whooooooooo. :p

Onya Elvis :excl:

Gday..gday..

Thought it must be my turn to introduce myself.

Ive been a kit brewer for 9 years and started AG 2 years ago. Ive never done a partial mash ever. I brew all styles from Northern brown ales to german lagers to heavy bocks and dry stouts. (and any 300 in between)

Im a regular brewer, brewing approx every fortnight. I also brew alot of 50L kegs for partys. Ive got a temprite and a miracle box to run my kegs with.

At the moment ive got a full mash dunkel lagering and just bottled a full mash helles. Ive also got a 50L pale keg nearly ready to keg up and im about to put down a two row lager next week.

In the 'beer shed' ive got various styles of beer ranging over my last brews. Approx 17 cartons, 1 and 1/2 50L kegs aussie pale ale and a 25L mini keg full of I.P.A

I found out about this site at the Oct 05 ANAWBS in adelaide. I met wee stu and he got me hooked on it. I was the guy behind the bar pouring the beers (if thats what you wana call them)

Anyway thats basically me!!

Mudsta :beerbang:

I just did my first post so I thought I'd better get over here and intro myself! I've been doing AG for about 9 years and kits and partials about 7 years previous. I nearly gave it away 2 years back but I decided to rebuild my set up this year. I'm glad I did. I've had a blast doing it! I live on Melbourne's Mornington Peninsula not to far from Red Hill brewing. Nice beer Dave. The last few brews have been bottom fermenters and this week I will be doing a Newcastle brown ale for early autumn, If it lasts! I do all my fermenting in a s/s conical (in a fridge) and serve from post mix kegs. I have gathered lots of good info from you folks here, I think you are all great, keep it up!

Regards, Razz. :beer:

Hi brewbros,
Ive been lurking about with my bad sense of humour for a bit now. Just a K&K brewer, doing things i shouldnt to beer, like overloading them with sugar. I sent my last one of to brewman Ross and he gave it a thumbs up, surprisingly. Look for the 'Sugar Monster' saga on grumpies website. Anyway, yeah, i like beer. One day i'll get a brew fridge and be able to brew something half decent in the summer too!

Boozy the clown.

Hi, my name is Martin, and I'm a brewaholic :D I live in Canberra and I've been making kit beer for about a year. I have a hop plant that is enormous (it's in its second year now) and when I harvest the hops I'm going to have a go at the boiling-up-grains thing.

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to brewing having bought my first home brew kit a couple of months ago. Since buying the kit I have made all sorts of mistakes, from adding way too much water to a brew, to bottling too early. I'm glad to say I have learnt from these lessons, and looking at brewing more.

I tend to prefer darker beers and have tried a couple of extract+extra's style recipes with reasonable results. I currently have an apple cider under way for my partner, and an ongoing experimentation with Ginger Beer - although I'm still far from happy with the results on that count.

I would like to learn more, brew more, and obviously share experiences with other home brewers.

Cheers
J.

Welcome aboard agro, I am sure you will get all the info you are after and bunch you are not after :p. Beware you could end up obsessed with brewing like the rest of us :eek:. If you haven't found it yet the online book by palmer is a great read - http://www.howtobrew.com

ps. merged your topic with this one to keep the intro's all in one place.

Hey Guys,

My name is Jebus and I'm a virgin brewer with my first brew just about ready to bottle - I think! I've been wanting to homebrew for years but my recently-ex-housemate was a Nazi war criminal in disguise and wouldn't "let" me unless I had it in my bedroom. Thankfully my two new housemates are brilliant chicks who love the brewskies as much as I do (well, almost as much) and they are more than happy for me to start brewing some nice cheap beer in our underutilised laundry - let's hope it turns out OK!

So I'll no doubt trawl through the forums here to make sure I am doing everything in my power to produce delectable beers and will of course be asking plenty of questions. One day I hope to be a master brewer just like some of you.

I'm currently living in Brunswick in Melbourne which is the bestest suburb in the world containing the bestest pub in the world, The Brunswick Hotel, and there ain't nothing anyone can say or do to sway me on that opinion. Nothing.

In the meantime - Hi!

Welcome aboard to both of you. This is a great forum with lots of information available. Have a look through tthe links section too as it provides links to some other really good brewing resources.

Jebus said:
I'm currently living in Brunswick in Melbourne which is the bestest suburb in the world containing the bestest pub in the world, The Brunswick Hotel, and there ain't nothing anyone can say or do to sway me on that opinion. Nothing.

In the meantime - Hi!
[post="96619"][/post]​

The Brunswick Hotel is pretty good. Anywhere with LCPA on tap is fine by me.

G'day all,

I've been posting a bit and finally figured I should do the right thing and introduce myself...

I'm Andy, and have only just started brewing... my mate Simon got me hooked on this a few years back and I've not got my act together and put together a reasonable little brew system (at the expense of a deck around the spa, which continues to be the bane of my existence :0 )

Having an engineering background, I've got a tendancy to over design/engineer any solution, but I figure that at least I'm usually guaranteed it'll work first time.

And it did - first brew last weekend went mostly smoothly, with a couple of fluid hic-cups. Beautifully clear run-off from the wort, and a cooled post-boil SG of 1.090 before I adjusted it.

Thanks to everyone for the bits and pieces of wisdom on the site.

Andy

Hey all,
Matts the name and ive been brewing for a few years now... earlier this year i start kegging my brews and i just love it sooooo much!!! at the moment i have made and im drinking now an old style beer with chocolate grains in it (bit of an experiment) but it came out brilliantly..
Anyway just saying hi and im glad i found this place!
Cheers
Matt

Hi all.

My name is Sipan and I am new to home brewing.
Have just purchased a Coopers kit and am looking at putting down my third brew next weekend.

My first brew was the coopers Lager can that came with the kit which came out tasting ok but was a little lit on the fizz.
I am at the moment brewing a New Zealand DB Clone from a Black rock NZ Lager can. I Added a Lager yeast and some Green bullet hops and a Brew booster.
Hopefully will be bottling early next week. Hope it all goes well.

I am interested in finding out if there is a North Brisbane Homebrew club as I would like to get some ideas on brewing etc.

I got into brewing becasue it was cheap and it looked like fun.
I have a few work mates that also brew and I am really enjoying making beer.

Cheers

:beer:

Welcome to the obsession Sipan, good to see another Brizzy brewer joining the ranks...

The best club on the northside is probably BABBS - I don't have their contact details, but I'm sure someone here will point you in the right direction...
Joining a club is definately the way to go...

cheers Ross

I think BABBS is Southside. Maybe try PUBS in Pine Rivers Shire. They have a website I think.

- Snow

Snow said:
I think BABBS is Southside. Maybe try PUBS in Pine Rivers Shire. They have a website I think.

- Snow
[post="98006"][/post]​

Babbs are both sides of the river I think Snow...

Hi all, I have just started brewing and have recently bottled my first brew. I'ts a Coopers International pale Ale kit from HBS.

I want to congratulate everyone who contributes to this great site, as I have read a lot of the different posts, especially about racking and bulk priming, which I intend to do for my second brew.

A lot of really useful information for newbies like myself to get us started and heading in the right direction.

I am pacing the floor at the moment like an expecting father waiting to crack my first bottle!

Q: I primary fermented my first brew for seven days then bottled after 3 days of gravity reading of 1.010. I used the recommended brew enhancer 2 from coopers and dumped and stirred. Bottled into PET bottles with 2 carbonation drops in each. After 5 days in bottles I transferred into the fridge. The temp for the whole process so far has been 18C - 24C. What is a reasonble time to start drinking these as I am going away for xmas and am really thirsty (if you know what I mean!)? Will it taste any good straight up?

P.S I bottled 15/12/2005

Cheers and Beers,

Smashed Jaffa. B)

Gidday Smashed,

2 weeks is the usual standard time, however, i reckon drink up. Give it a go, now. It is interesting to note the changes in the brew as the days go buy.You will notice a definite improvement after a month or two in the bottle.

Merry Christmas

Hupnupnee

Thanks for the heads up Hup. :beer:

I'll be starting tonight me thinks! :chug:

It will be a miracle if this batch lasts 2 months, (if it is any good!), and even shorter if a couple of my mates like it. I will have to introduce them to the LHBS if that is the case.

Cheers and Merry Xmas.

Smashed Jaffa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back