Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some advice...

Forget the carbonation drops - gives a wierd taste.
Priamary for 10 days
Rack to secondary for 14 days - dry hop and then cube or put secondary in the fridge for 3 days prior to Bulk priming.
Beers will be 100% better...

Some more advice - store for a couple of weeks prior to sticking in the fridge. 5 days may not be adequate for complete fermentation of the priming sugar.

Welcome aboard!

g'day guys.

well...that's #1 out of the way.

cheers
ruserious

Brauluver said:
Your not related to Yahoo RU ?
[post="99534"][/post]​

he's a non-brewer, we don't keep in touch. :D

:beer:
ruserious

Thanks for the advice guys,

GMK - I have already decided that I will bulk prime my next brew after reading heaps of posts on this site. Also I am planning to rack next brew just to test myself. Just getting another fermenter to start next week if the weather is OK.

NRB - I think you may be right there after sampling my efforts over the last couple of days. The carbonation was just OK, nothing startling, but the head retention was pretty woeful.

Next Brew is a Bacchus and Barley Alaskan Ice with a 1 kg beer muscle pack from LHBS.

Q What hops would be worthwhile using with this kit not having any experience with dry hoppping.

Cheers,

Smashed Jaffa. :blink:

g'day i'm another new person to the club this my first time in a chat room
but as for the brew I am up to my 40th brew and the grand plan is to have between 600 -800 full longnecks full so they can mature properly as i generaly won't even taste it until it has spent at least 6 weeks in the bottle.

cheers
dirk

Dirk,
Welcome to the forum.
As the Beverley Hillbillys used to say: "Set a spell, take your shoes off".

You'll find it's pretty relaxed around here.

If someone starts taking the mickey, chances are that it's not serious.

Hope you take inspiration, and share a little too. Sounds like U have a good grounding in brewing. Just be prepared to keep am open mind. Experienced brewers may show you some of their techniques that might work for U too.

Check out any recipes you see. You might find some that interest U.

Good to see U here.
BTW, any idea where U R from? I couldn't see a state or suburb.

Uncle Seth :p

I have just entered where i am from. It is Cranbourne Victoria. Thanks for the comments Weizguy, I am intending to learn quite a bit aswell as sharing some of my techneques with who ever will listen.

Bottoms up
Dirk

Fellow and Fellowess Brewologists

As you can see from the title my name's Stephen or Steve. I've been brewing for about 20 years, most of them K & K. I was put onto this forum by GMK through a work related, but similar forum. The information 'out there' is phenominal - if we were to add up all the experience of all the subscribers of this forum there would be several thousand years of experience!!! Think about it!

In the last couple of months, and inspired by this forum, I have branched out into extract brewing. This has opened a whole new outlook in my brewing. If finances and SWMBO permit I should be doing my first alll grain in a couple of weeks - a simple grain, special grain amd some hops. As experience grows I will 'spread my wings' and go for it: One must learn to walk first before one learns to run.

Enough tree hugging stuff for now, I have a beer to enjoy.

Regards

Steve

Welcome Steve

Yep nice site this, with lots of info on most any aspect of brewing.
Good luck with you move towards AG , it all takes time.

You work with GMK? Your ears must bleed at times :lol:

Batz

Good on ya Steve :excl:
Extract brewing adds a new dimension to brewing and helps u to get a handle on hops and bittering etc which makes AG seem less daunting.

Heaps of advice and help available here especially the PM function.

Cheers Dave.

Gday Guys
just come across this site and it looks good
will now have to work my way through all the topics
I have just got back into homebrew after a break of about 5 years
put down a few kit brews in the last couple of months and am
enjoying it all
will look to expand and try new things in the future
:beer:

Hi Guys,
I just wanted to pop in say hi & introduce myself as a newbie kit brewer!
Im Adz, I live in Canberra & have only just recently bottled my first ever home brew (Coopers Lager) which seems to coming along quite nicely!...waiting to taste test it around the 14th Jan.
I have read many forums here & Grumpys etc & gathered some great information & tips!
My next brew will either be a Red Back clone or a Canadian Blonde or maybe the Crownie clone...any other suggestions would be great, especially wheat beers also!
Keep up the great work & I look forward to obtaining more info from time to time! B)

Welcome to all the new forum users, pull up a stool and a bevy or two and enjoy :chug:

Celebration day
Jayse

Good arvo to you all ! :)

Another Steve here !

I saw this thread I thought I'd pop in to say gidday. I cant say Im a good brewer (Hence the reason Im here :) but I do enjoy the process. Have made a few 'decent' beers over the years, on and off, and am in the process of another brewing streak, so decided for once I'd check out how others go about it, what tips and hints I can gather etc, and well here I am !

My only major concern at the moment is the weather over here in Perth, it's a bit warm..

Hoping to learn a lot from the good folk here, or at least have fun in the process !!

:beer: :beer:

Steve.

JaCk_SpArRoW said:
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to pop in say hi & introduce myself as a newbie kit brewer!
Im Adz, I live in Canberra & have only just recently bottled my first ever home brew (Coopers Lager) which seems to coming along quite nicely!...waiting to taste test it around the 14th Jan.
I have read many forums here & Grumpys etc & gathered some great information & tips!
My next brew will either be a Red Back clone or a Canadian Blonde or maybe the Crownie clone...any other suggestions would be great, especially wheat beers also!
Keep up the great work & I look forward to obtaining more info from time to time! B)
[post="101211"][/post]​
Just keep searching the net Jacksparrow and experimenting and you'll reach Beer Nirvana one day B4 you die. (Hopefully)
Cheers Glenn.

g day everyone.beer is life .love this site as i have learned every thing i need to know.brewing rules.

Welcome guys, that includes you jase0_1; I hope you're not a troll. :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back