Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Corellion!
Have you been invited to the official Perth AHB Sangroptoberfest yet? It will be held next weekend (the 24th). The bunch of people is fantastic, very welcoming of new people.

Official thread here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...ndgroptoberfest

Just watch out for Guest Lurker with his arseless lederhosen. And that barfridge guy is a bit of a nutcase.

Hey all,
Ive been brewing for about a year, just kits... only just stumbled across this site coz ive been looking for info about kegging... we recently got a 50L keg that was thrown out coz the valve was stuffed.. we'll get som pictures up when weve got the beer flowing. and we'll b tryin some boiled worts this summer.
these forums are great!
Cheerz, Kenny

Hey I'm Dave

I'm a 21 year old bloke who is in 3rd year International Studies at Flinders University (Majors International Relations and Politics). I work at BiLo doing Night Fill.

I haven't been brewing for very long (about a year), and I wanted to go to a brewing source so I can get info on brewing from other people who share the same passion for Brewing!! :beer:

I got my kit with a voucher I got for my 18th birthday. I made one brew and it was terrible- I found out later that it was due to my lack of sanitising anything and using those crappy plastic bottles. So I was disillusioned for a while until last christmas when my mum bought me a capper. Since then I haven't stopped making beer!

Hi Guys,
My name is Paul & I have been brewing for 9 years, 3 years All grain. I live in Brisbane Qld & enjoy most styles particularly APA's, Stouts & Strong Ales.

Cheers

Paul :chug:

Paul H said:
Hi Guys,
My name is Paul & I have been brewing for 9 years, 3 years All grain. I live in Brisbane Qld & enjoy most styles particularly APA's, Stouts & Strong Ales.

Cheers

[post="78380"][/post]​

Another Brizzy AG'er :D - welcome Paul...

hi i'm occ and i think i'm a bit of a slow learner i've been wondering this site for a few months now but never intro myself.
real name dean live in holsworthy but not in the army, electrcian by trade work in circular quay in a 50 story building doin the maintance thats why i have time to read about what all you guys are up to.
married with 1 10 month old boy so time in the shed is well earned.
got into HB when the missus bought me a kit for xmas up to about my 10th kit and lovin it also into golf and surfing so all 3 hobbys go hand in hand. well thats me in a nut shell. cheers

hey ooc, welcome to the fun !!

Hi all

probably about time I intro'd myslef as well. I'm 31 and living with my partner and our new 4 month old girl. I work as a storeman and am studying an environmental science degree, about 2/3 through.

Started kit brewing when about 20 years old, made some shockers, then stopped for five or six years. Took it up again in 2002 and now enjoying it out of kegs. Will do AG eventually but limited for both space and time ATM.

I like pretty much any beer I havent tried before, but am partial to APA and really bitter english ales for winter.

Cheers
Bazza

scotty1975 said:
Hi,

My name is Scotty.
[post="76512"][/post]​

Franko said:
Gday Brewers,
[post="76687"][/post]​

Corellion said:
Hey all

Cheers all, and congrats on a brilliant community! B)
[post="76917"][/post]​

Kenny said:
Hey all,
Cheerz, Kenny
[post="76969"][/post]​

peas_and_korn said:
Hey I'm Dave

[post="77222"][/post]​

Paul H said:
Hi Guys,

Cheers

[post="78380"][/post]​

OCC said:
hi i'm occ
[post="78506"][/post]​

Bazza said:
Hi all

Cheers
Bazza
[post="78551"][/post]​

Phew,
Having trouble keeping up with all the new members.
For the ones doing kits, be Careful!
Once you get a taste of all grain you will be rushing to start :D .
Welcome everybody :super:

johnno

Hi there, its about time I started posting to this forum, I have been reading it for a couple of months now.
I know the username is a bit of a mouthful, but you can just call me Berp. Of course thats not my real name, but when I tell people my real name, they think I am some other famous homebrewer...

Anyway, I started brewing back in '88 with a kit bought from woolies and a plastic bucket plus towel for fermenter. To cut a long story short, all the fermentation took place after I got the "beer" in the bottles. Luckily no hand grenades, but I didn't get to drink much of it.
I gave up homebrewing for 4 years.

I got stuck into the kit brews when I was at Uni because all of us in the house were cheapskates and liked beer. I started getting a little more experimental after about 5 years but then we moved to Germany where the beer is cheap and good and homebrew shops are hard to find.
I gave up homebrewing for another 3 years.

Then I moved to Boston, where the homebrew scene is very well developed and very interesting.
Quickly got back into kit brewing, but the local club soon turned me to all grain and I never looked back. While I was there, I sat the BJCP exam. Thats a damn hard exam, but well worth it!

After 3 years I moved back to Sydney (a year ago). Unfortunately I had to give up home brewing for 6 months while my gear was sitting in a dock in China. But I am now back into all grain brewing again and loving it!

Bottom line is wherever you go, make sure you take homebrewing with you, or you'll miss it!

Berp.

Welcome on board Berp.

Make sure your gear stays in Oz this time. :beerbang:

Warren -

Howdy all,

New young brewer from Melbourne here, Im 22 years old and live out in the South East Suburbs. Got into brewing last month due to buying my first house and having my love for beer outgrow the dollars in my wallet. Im sure you've all been there!

Anyway, loving these forums for their wealth of experienced information. You guys might have to bear with me on my newbie questions for awhile so that i can get a grasp for it all. Apologies in advance. Definately will be a regular here at AHB tho.

Catch you all around the traps,

Bottoms up! Cheers!

Welcome on board JS. :)

Good to have another Vic to balance the states. :beerbang:

Warren -

Gidday,

Saw the intorduce yourself posting and hought what a good idea.

I'm 36 a Science teacher from Moss Vale and I have just got into HB. I'm upto brew number 3. The first was a disaster (infected) 2 has just been bottled and 3 is in the fermenter. I've been trolling and lurking on this site for a while and have really learnt alot. I particularly enjoy the technical aspects of this fine hobby. I'm hoping after I get a few kits and extracts under my belt to start having a bit of a dabble in the alchemy of grain brewing.

Cheers

Hupnupnee (Tim)

gday james,

Welcome to AHB and homebrewing.

Ask as many newbie questions as you like here mate, thats what its all about.
Yes and it is good to see more vic brewers as warren said.

cheers

vlbaby.

Gday all

New to this forum, just thought I should say hi. Just started all grain brewing again after a lapse of 5 years due to setting up a business. Am in Adelaide (surprise!) southern suburbs and have found this site invaluable in picking up info I'd forgotten since I last brewed!

Am self employed from home, so have plenty of opportunity to brew- more interesting than work- and have 60L of English bitter conditioning now. At least it's not infected, so I feel I'm off to a good start!

Cheers,

Hmm, I just realised this thread was here!

A belated introduction from me then! My name is Tim and I'm at uni doing a PhD in agricultural economics.

I brew 20-25L all grain batches, and have been doing so for around a year now. Prior to that was around 6 years of extract brewing. I live in a very tight house - very little room for brewing. I have recently bought a small wine fridge though for lager brewing and will be trying it out for the first time next brew (Bohemian Pilsner).

I go by "TD" on the Grumpy's forum and "Timmo" on the Country Brewer forum.

Anyway, as I said, I've been a bit slow getting the introduction done here, but anyway, better late than never!

Cheers! :beer:

Hi, my name's Scott and I'm a newbie, not so much to brewing but to computer stuff. I've just posted on Grumpy's and thought I'd post here as well. I live in Melbourne, am married, and have two kids. I've been brewing for about 13 years, mainly with kits and extra malt/hops. Recently got into extract brewing and did my first partial mash a couple of weeks ago. Started kegging about 7 years ago and what a difference that made! Been a bit slack over the last few years but back into it in a big way! Enjoying the learning and love the sharing of knowledge.

Scott

:) Hello again Scott.good to see you are posting on the 2 most edifying forums around.

Hi

Well its about time I said g'day to yas.
Don't know how many females on this board that brew but I am another sheila that likes to make my own beer and enjoy it.

So far have only been doing kits and have done a ginger, stout and a cider something went wrong with that one was vinegar.

Anyways have a good one all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back