Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning All.

I decided that it is time for me to introduce myself. I have been lurking through various topics for some time now and am very impressed with the quality and quantity of information available.

I have been brewing for about 3 or 4 years, initially kit and kilo but recently improving with better kilo combos (light malt extract, dark malt extract and such), finishing hops and different yeasts.

After seeing (via AHB) what is possible I want to move to a more extract/grain style and to kegs...just need to find the time and cash...and a decent supplier in Brisbane.

EK

Morning EK, welcome to AHB.....give Ross a call at Craftbrewer and have a look at his wares by clicking on his AHB sponsors logo at the top. He'll sort you out.
Cheers
Steve

Morning EK, welcome to AHB.....give Ross a call at Craftbrewer and have a look at his wares by clicking on his AHB sponsors logo at the top. He'll sort you out.
Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve. Just checked the location of Carbrook...it's not too far from where I work.

Hi all, I better introduce myself too, I've been brewing for about 12 months. I mainly do K&K with variations and the occassional TCB Wetpak. I'm from country Victoria and my 'local' HBS is a 400km return trip, so I'm a bit limited as far as quality product goes. I've been lurking here for a little while as well as posting over at homebrewandbeer. This is a great site, congratulations to all concerned. Like any forum, if you don't have quality people you don't have a quality forum. Needless to say this forum has quality oozing out all over the place.

I don't wanna sound queer or nothin, but I think I like you already Johnny Max.
homo1fw9.jpg

?

reVox

Gday everyone,

My names Tyron, im 23 from perth and just joined up to AHB so I thought I would introduce my self. Im quite new to brewing with less then 10 brews under my belt using my coopers micro brewer,(just started my first coopers pale ale today) looking at getting some kegs as im sick of bottling already so yer thats about it for now and I look forward to getting to no u all and learning all I can from this forum.

Cheers :beer: :chug:

Welcome to the board Rocket Fuel.

There is plenty of info for kegs.....I only recently started kegging and it took a bit of researching. Try the sponsors above or gryphon brewing for fittings and as for kegs....there is a thread in the retail section for cheap reconned kegs ex-Vic but it may be cheaper to source them locally with the freight. Like I said, it takes a litte time researching your options

:beer:

Hi all,

Im mikeb or mike from perth i did sign up for the christmas case swap and forgot it introduce myself. Im a mechanic hence my lack of time during the day to access this sort of stuff and my posts may be a little thin. It is true i guess i am ashers side project over the last few years, i did a bit of kit brewing and then have progressed onto all grain, obviously not of the standard of ashers beer, something to aspire to though. All grain brews so far have been an irish red ale, pils and a belgian wit, all have worked out quite well and im thinking about making a belgian wit for the swap.

Cheers Mike

Welcome Mike - we look forward to catching up with you at the WACC gathering.

Hi mikeb, if you've been tutored by Asher we wait for your sample with anticipation :D
Thoroughly recommend the liquid yeast for any type of wheat beer.

Thought I should also introduce myself properly as I've joined the Xmas case.

I've been doing partail mashes for the last year or two and have a couple of AGs under my belt after finally getting my gear together.

I just got my urn with temp controller back from my sparky mate and am keen to get stuck into things before the warm weather.

Don't know what I'll be brewing for the swap but look forward to meeting some other, more experienced brewers, sampling their wares and racking their brains.

Cheers,
clay

cheers mika, im already on the liquid yeasts, asher put me onto them with the kits, amazing the difference. Hope nobodys expecting a beer anywhere in ashers league im just a beginner with the all grain stuff.

Mike

Hi I have been brewing for a few years now mainly kits and the odd mess around with other recipes. I am looking at trying to tweak a few of the kits to make them more like the originals. I have just moved to Launceston Tasmania from Western Australia where I look forward to starting again. Sometimes it can get "Too Hot!" for the humble brew over in WA :eek:).

Steve

Hi All,

Just joined this fantastic site today, what a wealth of info for the novice brewer like me! I hail from sunny Newcastle NSW and I have been brewing at home for a few years since I got a boxed up kit for christmas one year. Never really strayed from the kit process and only really discovered hops and liquid malts in the past 12 months. Since then I have acquired some kegging gear and fermentation fridge. Geez that made a difference.

I am really interested into getting into the AG scene and I have done a bit of reading on it. I would really appreciate any point in the direction of a mud map of the process and the equipment required. Hope to be an active participant here in the not too distant future.

Anyhoooo...Bottoms Up :)

Cheers,

Schooey

Hi,

I guess its time I introduced myself after "lurking" around for quite some time now while soaking up the great info that is available throughout this site.

I briefly dabbled in home brewing about 15 years ago using kits, however, I was not successful at all and quickly lost interest (particularly with the bottle washing and filling stage). I really had no idea what I was doing. Recently I decided to give it another go but this time better arm myself with information about the brewing process and different brewing options and move towards venturing down the kegging path (I have been slowly collecting bits and pieces for both the brewing stage and my new home bar).

Up until six months ago I was pretty much a "swill" drinker and had no idea about the different styles and qualities of beers that are out there in the real world of beer. Lately I have been sampling different beers from different parts of the world and from various boutique Australian brewers. My fav at the moment is Chimay Blue, its sensational but its pretty expensive! I also enjoy pilsners and the occasional wheat beer, come to think of it I pretty much enjoy anything (must be that "swill" drinking background coming out in me!). The learning continues...

I doubt very much that I will have anything to offer you guys for some time as I am very much in learning mode and it will only be a one way flow of information.

Anyway, congrats on a great site and I look forward to the journey ahead!!! Is it beer o'clock yet? :D

Cheers,
Yoey

From one noob to another, Cheers yoey :beer:

I lurked for ages as well before I joined. I have found some really useful info here and some very helpful people. Guess it's all about being bold enough to get out there and hey, you never know what you may have to offer

G'day,

Been brewing with Coopers kits since 1981, back when it was in a plastic bag in a cardboard box... good drop tho. :party:
Things have come a long way since then.

Looking forward to learning about home brewing different ways and of course learning about kegging systems.

Also looking forward to interacting with all of you.

Top drop to you all,

cheers,

g'day all.

just joined after given the link from another forum www.fishsa.com

looks to be heaps and heaps of info here.

i'm from adelaide and have brewed before using mainly coopers. the lure of a full tasting beer and the obvious cost saving has me giving it a go again.

i am using the 18litre s/s kegs and need to aquire my co2 somehow.

i used to hire the bottle but gave it back when i stopped brewing.

$350 to buy from the brew shop on sema4 rd. looking for a cheaper option b4 i commit.

thats it from me. off to do some searching on this great looking site.

rick

G'day to all

I have been following this site for some time now and finally joined a couple of days ago. Since then all other functions (besides the drinking arm) have ceased as I have soaked up way to much info, wasted about 2 trees with the great stuff for the journal. Oh so many questions to ask?????????????????? :unsure:

I have been brewing on and off now for about 6yrs. Main reason being keep mooving around the state and haven't settled long enough. Now settled in Dubbo and am having more spare/brewing time. Have only done kit so far but really have started to experiment and come up with I believe some really good brews ( I have just finished converting 3 none believers in the past three weeks.) Two of which have already purchased kits and started on the road to the greater glory. :beer:

I bottle and Keg. In the past I have done Kegs for mates weddings and parties. Always a big hit.

I have just finished convincing the boss that I need more equipment. Looking at purchasing a filter and/or fridgemate. Used the excuses of making better beer for our daughters naming cermony in Feb :) The more i read the more i want to buy.

Gots to go, can't upset the boss to much. (the money hasn't been spent yet) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back