Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be better than a free prostate check. :ph34r:

Does winkle have a goat?

That's his business mate and he could be sensitive about it. Shouldn't bring it up here mate. Best you send these things to Tidal Pete's Brewerhood email forum.

Cheers,

Sean. :p

Well I have been reading the forum for a while now and I have posted a couple of times but have dodged introducing myself, so here goes.

My name is Avit, I am a reformed non beer drinking person..... <_<

I am from Melbourne, but am currently living in sunny Manchester, England.

I have been brewing for about 6months and I am currently in the process of doing my second extract brew. i really would love to do some sort of mini mash but i think that could be stretching the relationship with the other half...

Im at work, but have nothing do do, so what better than to catch up on the forums.

Hello to all!!! Happy posting

Avit

Cheers Avit, welcome aboard. Keep us posted on the UK homebrew scene.

hey guys im Skeet in adelaide

ive made a couple of pale ale brews in bottles but now have converted to 50 litre kegs.

im really only interested in either pale ale and sparkling ale recipes and tips. I only brew out of the kit and dont have the time to do mash and yeast farming.

Any help you be greatly appreciated

Skeet

Welcome Skeet, you're in homebrew central in SA.

Screwy

That's his business mate and he could be sensitive about it. Shouldn't bring it up here mate. Best you send these things to Tidal Pete's Brewerhood email forum.

Cheers,

Sean. :p
Now now we canna keep hijacking threads or them un
-elected moderators mite cut us off at the toes (iff ya kew wot eye mean) :p

Welcome Avit, we are a friendly bunch who occasionally seem a bit strange but there is gold within these parameters.
Try the wiki at the top first before searching for stuff :)

Cheers Avit, welcome aboard. Keep us posted on the UK homebrew scene.
Welcome Skeet, you're in homebrew central in SA.

Screwy

thanks Screwy

yeh we love home brew and knock up a pretty tastey batch as well.

cheers :chug:

No, not naturally but I am trained to do so in an emergency. I live in Hamilton, an hours' drive south of Auckland.
We can get a reasonable variety of malts here but LHBS sells at between $ 7 and $ 8 a kilo crushed, so my last 26 L batch of 1.052 cost me about $ 53. I guess thats around AUS$ 45, but I have'nt seen the exchange rate for quite a while.

How does that compare with your prices ?

About to buy a sack of crushed pils for $ 120, should get 5 batches out of it plus a bit of additional malt.
Paul.

Geez that's disgusting, yet another hbs charging like a wounded bull........and I was wondering why my compatriates don't seem to be as much into AG as we are over here.... <_<
Guess I'm stopping in at Brewers coop on the way through Auckland next week then........because I am NOT paying $7 a kilo.....(shakes head in disgust again)

HI everybody, I have been looking around and learning for a while so I should introduce myself,have been brewing again for about 2yrs,used to brew in melbourne 15yrs ago and in the UK as a teenager with my father.I brew k&k but use Ldme,dextrose & maltodextrine that I buy in 20,25,&1kg bags have about 900 full tallies and about 300 waiting to be filled.I am slowly getting the gear together so I can start kegging & not have to wash to many bottles. This website + its members is great

Hi,

I've been lurking for a while and have now signed up so I can participate. New to homebrew but very keen. Have only done a couple of batches so far but champing at the bit to do more.

Already starting to look at kegging so the bug has bit hard ;-)

Chris

Hi all i have justed join and would like to introduce myself and look foward to chatting and from what i have seen over the last couple of days gaining alot of good info.I am a all grain brewer who hasn't brewed for 3 years back into it next weekend,might start with a pale ale any thoughts?

Wrightyman

Welcome to the forums...

Yep, pale ale is good. :blink:

How about a recipe? Not much to comment on otherwise.

Lord Howe Island, wow Alice Springs and Lord Howe, AHB'ers are found in some out of the way places. Welcome Wrightyman, where/how do you get supplies. Would be a good place to visit for a brewday!

Screwy

I don't think I've introduced myself yet.

I'm Andrew. I've been brewing for about 18 months (give or take), however much of that time I have been doing Sugar Washes for other things. In the process of this other hobby, we (a Mate and I) have a number of fermenters and other bits and pieces. I have commandeered one of these to start back up the Brewing.

I have an ESB Pilsner down, a Bitter Bottle Priming, and a Draught in the Fridge. All of which I have brewed Kit-and-Kilo style.

I hope that I can extend my knowledge with the information here. Thanks for the great resource.

I don't think I've introduced myself yet.

I'm Andrew. I've been brewing for about 18 months (give or take), however much of that time I have been doing Sugar Washes for other things. In the process of this other hobby, we (a Mate and I) have a number of fermenters and other bits and pieces. I have commandeered one of these to start back up the Brewing.

I have an ESB Pilsner down, a Bitter Bottle Priming, and a Draught in the Fridge. All of which I have brewed Kit-and-Kilo style.

I hope that I can extend my knowledge with the information here. Thanks for the great resource.
Welcome Paxton

AHB is a wealth of information and more than likely to make you go out and spend more $ than you ever thought you would. its addictive. Theres always someone out there who has somehing that cathes your eye and you've gotta have it yourself. I thought it would be years until I went AG (no space etc), but now im considreing whether the kid really needs a bedroom and can I turn it into a brew room :p

Welcome

:) i know a brewer who had his lodger sharing a room full of blooping fermenters!
I'm sure your kid will get used to it.

Hi everybody. Been reading lots of good advice on this forum for a bit now. My wife now thinks I have a bit of a problem, spending way too much spare time reading posts and planning the next great brew.

Doing K&K mostly with malt & hop additions. Best so far been kit stout with liquorice extract and cracked roasted barley. Bloody beautiful.

Also am slowly collecting the gear to move to all grain. (eventually, may also have to move the car out of the garage).

Anyway, hope to get more involved in discussions and maybe get to know some brewers who know what they are doing.

-monkeybusiness

Hey All,

Been lurking for a while so thought I should start contributing. Have been brewing for just under 6 months, started of doing Kit and Kilo's have moved to extract brewing now with the intention of going AG as soon as we get the equipment all sorted out.

As I type, me and my brew crew have 50 L of mead and 60 L of various beers on the ferment. Hopefully we'll be expanding that shortly to at total of a bout 250L.

As you can gather by the name, I enjoy my stouts and associated dark beers.

Anyway I'm sure I'll be contributing some more latter on.

Happy Brewing...

Lord Howe Island, wow Alice Springs and Lord Howe, AHB'ers are found in some out of the way places. Welcome Wrightyman, where/how do you get supplies. Would be a good place to visit for a brewday!

Screwy
Hi Screwy,sorry that i have not got back abit rude,All supplies come on a ship fortnighty,anything sent aussie post comes on ship,expressed post comes on plane,In process of getting club together for a small population(300) we have a high number of brewers,will invite you to first comp.

Wrightyman

Welcome, monkeybusiness and Captain Black Beer. Great to see keen new brewers here. :beer:

Looks like you are already on your way to making some good beer (and mead). :beerbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back