Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gday,

I joined up to do some searching, and to get back into brewing.

I like most beers but prefer ones you cant see throught that well. Pale ales, stouts and wheet beers are probably my favorites.

I havent brewed in a while, probably a couple of years, so my first search is on how to clean the crud out old post mix kegs, Im brewing up 46l batch of ipa so I need to get onto the kegs now :chug:

Looks like a great site and im looking forward to some good recipes and hints.

Cheers
Dave

Oh yeah my user name is from a song I like about beer.

Hi all,
My name is Angela and I own a home brew shop. Just thought I would rock in and introduce myself. I used to brew beer but now make wine. My husband still brews beer.
I look forward to talking to you all in the future.
Cheers
Angela :beer:

Welcome.

Fill in your proflie of where you are so crew know where to find the shop..

Got a shop website?

Welcome.

Fill in your proflie of where you are so crew know where to find the shop..

Got a shop website?

I wonder where Dapto Home Brew could be? *scratches head*

Welcome to AHB, Angela.

I wonder where Dapto Home Brew could be? *scratches head*

maybe at Shop 3, 27 Princes Highway Dapto NSW??? love google :D

EDIT: another LHBS in NSW. bunch of bloody alcoholics.

Hi all

Cactus here
Just about to start my first brew off going for a Tooheys Dark Ale
Anybody got a good Oat Stout reciepe? Might not be my second attempt but want to attempt this sometime down the track.

Cheers

Hi all

Cactus here
Just about to start my first brew off going for a Tooheys Dark Ale
Anybody got a good Oat Stout reciepe? Might not be my second attempt but want to attempt this sometime down the track.

Cheers
Welcome

search ahb for "Oatmeal Stout, uncle toby's irish breakfast". theres plenty of oatmeal stouts receipes on here. most are prob AG though. happy brewing

Well, me thinks I should introduce me self also.
I be Johnny Max from Southeast Texas.
Me brews me own damn beer & me brew what me likes to drink.
I have me own podcast www.BrewCrAzy.com
I am a Texan by birth, but an Aussie by destiny (working toward it)
And my Queen and I are planning an Aussie Homebrewer Tour Across Australia in 3 years (2010).
South west to South then to North Queen's Land for a cane toad encounter!

I have brewed a 21.4% all-grain beer that was written up in BYO, The Craft Brewers Association Quarterly in the U.K., it was on Craft Brewer Radio, Brew Bubbas Radio and.... I gave a bottle to Ant, who will be taking it to Australia this Christmas.

I brewed a Dopple Bock and took the Gold in 2006 AHA National.

Now I just brew beer to drink with my friends.

My favorite BIG beer to brew and drink is a Barley Wine
My favorite session beer to brew and drink is an ESB

I be Johnny Max from Southeast Texas.
Me brews me own damn beer & me brew what me likes to drink.
I have me own podcast www.BrewCrAzy.com
I am a Texan by birth, but an Aussie by destiny (working toward it)
And my Queen and I are planning an Aussie Homebrewer Tour Across Australia in 3 years (2010).

I have brewed a 21.4% all-grain beer that was written up in BYO, The Craft Brewers Association Quarterly in the U.K., it was on Craft Brewer Radio, Brew Bubbas Radio and.... I gave a bottle to Ant, who will be taking it to Australia this Christmas.

My god sir, that's a big beer!

Hey Johnny
Does that tour involve Western Australia? There are plenty of brewers in Perth (1 less at the moment without Ant) and you could survive a couple of weeks here without ever having to resort to that nasty commercial beer. With this much warning I may even have time to put a different barley wine on each tap.

I don't wanna sound queer or nothin, but I think I like you already Johnny Max.

Definitely leave some time free when you get to WA, we'll look after you

Hi all,
Cracka here. New member, long time lurker.
Thought I'd introduce myself for my first post. I live in the New England area of NSW and have been brewing on & off for about 10 years now. Only ever done it out of a can :ph34r: . Just started to get into kegging and after finding the abundance of info on here will eventually move to partials & then maybe AG. I'm a mad Parramatta fan & am going to enjoy watching them beat the Bulldogs this weekend :D Well thats Cracka for now.

PS. Tony, thats not you in the picture of your posts is it.

Yeh I know, I should have went before Johnny Max.

JM welcome to WA, if the queen likes wine come and see us in Margaret River,plenty of different drops here, you might need some more time to make it over east!!we are good at entertaining our friends so pls be welcome,cheers amita ;)

Hello everyone,

been scroting about the forum for a while. Have learnt massive amounts. probably time for me to start putting back in....suppose that's how communities like this work.

Been doing home brew for probably five years. started out just doing supermarket stuff, which was pretty ordinary. Read Laurie Straughan's book and learnt heaps. Then read charlie papazian's book and learnt about 15 times more, then read palmer and...praise the lord...do you see the light!!

have left the kits behind. spent too much time trying to brew lagers with S-23. just doesn't work with kits.

Have switched to ales and have done three extract brews, yet to taste one but.....I am now collecting the gear to go AG....palmer will do that to a man....

Have a 20L plastic bucket from bunnings that my old boy (a sparky) is going to fit with an element from a cheap electric kettle, that'll do for a starting HLT, have a 44L willow esky that needs to be fitted with a bulkhead fitting and a copper manifold for the mashtun. My 50L pot is sorted and I have a 3-ring burner that is more than a little bit frightening at times.....

bring it on.... hope I can help someone in some way some time soon.

Spencer

Welcome Spencer. with twins!!??
Won't take long b4 you get totally hooked.
I dream beer, speak and live beer. to the dismay of my family.
Work seem to suffer occasionally too
better get back to it

Ps. S-23 with Kits are better then Kits with old can yeast.
W34/70 is more neutral but a lot harder to settle if bottling.

Morning All.

I decided that it is time for me to introduce myself. I have been lurking through various topics for some time now and am very impressed with the quality and quantity of information available.

I have been brewing for about 3 or 4 years, initially kit and kilo but recently improving with better kilo combos (light malt extract, dark malt extract and such), finishing hops and different yeasts.

After seeing (via AHB) what is possible I want to move to a more extract/grain style and to kegs...just need to find the time and cash...and a decent supplier in Brisbane.

EK

What I mean to say is that brewing a true lager is really difficult unless you have good temp control. sorry for the confusion about s-23. just re-read my post :blink:

In my view your average joe doing kits beer with basic equipment should focus on ales, there are some great examples out there. I bashed away for too long with frozen milk bottles in the laundry sink. most turned out ok....nothing sensaysh but.

Welcome Spencer. with twins!!??

not twins matti. spencer jnr, on my left is 4 and spencer jnr jnr (the other one) is 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back