Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Duke to AHB,

I'm sure we will se more of ya?

Good to hear your Kolsch kicked nicely.

Cheers

Chappo

Hey everyone! I am AGirlCalledKill - or Erin, iScarlet's girlfriend, and official taster of his beer.

He is still a newbie when it comes to homebrew but nobody has ever brewed a beer and named it after my grandmother so that's pretty special. I joined here because he joined a dancers board I am a moderator of so fair seemed fair.

I am hoping to learn a bit more about the process of homebrewing so I don't just keel over and fall asleep when he talks to me about it - it's his passion and it seems rude to just doze off when he gets onto one of his spiels.

I love beer and I love drinking his homemade deliciousness so it'll be interesting to read about what other brewers are dreaming up.

Pleased to meet everyone!

Hello Erin , Welcome too our madness.. :) Good for you girl, should be more GF's showing an interest in their partners hobby ...

Cheers

Hi all,

I've been reading truckloads on this site for a few months now so it's time to introduce myself to my fellow brewers.

I live in Sutherland Shire (in Sydney), I'm a father of 3 very active boys, I love most sports, I love most beers, I now love brewing.

I'm not sure that I can offer anything at present other than questions but I'm learning more each day and with each brew I make. Strictly a K&K man at present with dreams of bigger and better as time and money allow.

Cheers,
BM :icon_cheers:

Hi all,

I've been reading truckloads on this site for a few months now so it's time to introduce myself to my fellow brewers.

I live in Sutherland Shire (in Sydney), I'm a father of 3 very active boys, I love most sports, I love most beers, I now love brewing.

I'm not sure that I can offer anything at present other than questions but I'm learning more each day and with each brew I make. Strictly a K&K man at present with dreams of bigger and better as time and money allow.

Cheers,

Welcome BM to the forum,

The only silly question is the one not asked, yeah?

I'm sure the longer you hang around here the more you'll be looking over the fence at the slippery slope of All Grain.

Cheers and beers

Chappo :icon_cheers:

Hi all,

Didn't we pass a law that we had too many members from the Shire so we weren't allowing any new members from there ?

:rolleyes:

Welcome BM ! :party:

Hey.

I'm Simon. Happened upon this site while procrastinating one day.

Live in Maroubra. 4th year student at UNSW, studying BSc/BA in Pure Mathematics, Philosophy and Linguistics; also doing a Diploma in Innovation Management (basically Business, for Science students). Got into the whole homebrew thing with my housemate late last year as a means of being able to afford our alcohol addiction (two of us easily knock over a 23L batch every week).

NOW... I'm wanting to expand horizons a bit, unfortunately student income has prohibited going beyond kits so far. At least we happen to particularly enjoy the Cooper's Pale Ale kit (/dons flamesuit). I'm at the stage where I'm trying to justify the expense of building a mash tun, buying a stock pot, gas burners etc... but I really want to.

Right now enjoying a beer as a means of procrastination. 4 exams and 3 assignments in the next 12 days :blink:

Other me things: fairly musical, play guitar and piano mostly; recently gotten into cycling my way through the Sydney Streets of Death (f'in car/bus/truck drivers...); love most sports.

Simon

Hi People!

Im Josh, I live in the North East of Adelaide Australia!

I came across this site about a month ago. There is a lot of usfull info on here so i thought id join in!

I got a coopers home brew micro kit about Three years ago for christmas! I made the orignal Series Lager that come with it then made nothing aging....untill the beginning of this year!

During 07/08 i spent a year backpacking europe and the U.K and i got a much better understanding of beer and now have a BIg love for Beer!!!

Since the beginging of this year i have made a number of beers including.....

Coopers ginger beer, Coopers pale ale, The coopers site recipe for Irish ale, Coopers mexican style, coopers original Bitter, Coopers new international English bitter, coopers sparkling ale, coopers out of date Bavarian Lager mixed with coopers original series stout! ;) ,Coopers Canadian Blonde and im about to put down the coopers European Lager!
Yer i know only coopers kit beers.....But maybe next week ill put down the Morgans Lager...ive heard good things about that!

Nice to be here! :)

hey simonss and aussiejosh,

welcome to the site kits are a great place to start, but if your wanting to move on from kits a good first step is to start using differeent yeast which can be bought from YLHBS (your local home brew shop).

but if and when you grow tired of kits something else to try is fresh wort kits, they are pre-made ag worts which you add a few more litres of water to get the tempreature correct and then pitch your yeast in. and is a good way to transfer from kits into ag.

Thanks for the welcome people B) Like HKS mentioned I was just takin the piss about the SWMBO comment. I found it rather humourous, guess my cheeky nature escaped briefly.

You all seem pretty cool, might just have to stick around, watch the antics and learn a bit in the process
How did that work out for you?

6 months on, 2 posts...

Doesn't compare well to Chappo's 2566 posts in 6 months :beerbang:
Bloody hell man, don't you have a life? :D

Cheers
Nige

I think Chappo is going for the highest average posts per day record.
Thats averaging out at about 15 per day.

Hi all, figured I'd drop a line and introduce myself. Started on kits several years back during Uni, then got a taste for the hard stuff. Then landed a job at a brewery, so been buying out of the carpark at work for the past few years.

But now work is sponsoring me for the IBD diploma (just finished module 1, hope I pass :huh: ), so figured I'd get back into the homebrew and put it into practice with some all grain. Still assembling all my hardware, trying hard not to make too many compromises, but money is tight as always. Love to have all stainless vessels and kegs, but can make do with what I have. Maybe I can claim some back as self education expenses...

Hoping to put down my first brew in the next few weeks, maybe an APA.

There's a lot of knowledge you guys have shared on this website, so thanks, been a lot learnt from just lurking over the past weeks. Is there an official wiki out of curiosity? Would be incredible to have some of the depth of information on this site accessible like that.

Hey Guys. Thought I should introduce myself as have been lurking for a while now and posted a bit yesterday. I have just completed a BSc in Sydney and am living back home in Bowral. I have been into homebrewing for nearly 2 years and seem to have taken things a little backwards. My first AG was also my first brew with my flatmates. We had no idea, read nothing, and just followed this A4 sheet of scribble one of the guys had from a brew shop owner. Turned out average.

I then went on to make cider and several country wines (and mead), which saw me take up beekeeping and discover I have a life threatenting allergy to bees. Not long after this I ruined a batch of low alcohol lemonade and tried all grain again. It was shit. Fermented a mild at 28C during the epic heat last summer in sydney. It was 41C in my house and I had a lot of trouble keeping it down to 28...

In what seems like a step backwards I have since brewed kit and extract and they have turned out well, but I still can't nail AG. I did a 5litre test hefeweissen which was my best so far. Always the way, was just not enough of the stuff. So, I have made a lot of mistakes and have hopefully learnt from them all. As I read once, the more you look into the hobby of brewing, the more you realise you dont know.

Hope to learn a lot from you. You have been so helpful already!

Welcome O'Henry to the loony bin.

Stick around, enjoy, brew some beer and ask heaps of questions. Like any place there are the good the bad and the ugly but take what you need and leave the rest. I'm sure you'll fit into this forum no worries. Don't be too harsh on your AG attemps if it was easy everybody would be doing it.

Cheers

Chappo

G'day everyone, my mates call me EJ and I'm just starting to brew my own. I have always been keen to try new/different beers and my friends thought I was weird as a teenager when I drank elephant beer while they swilled their VB. Recently had a sea change and new digs includes nice big garage for me to set up my man cave. Anyway, looking forward to drinking the first of many homebrews and learning from the old hands here! Cheers.

G'day, Andy's the name - work out in Outback QLD but home is Adelaide, am coming on 40 years of age and been Homebrewing on and off for about 16-17 years, just got my first kegging setup (bought for me for my 40th by the Missus) and trying to get back into the swing of things with limited time off at home (missus has kegged the last batch for me)
cannot wait to get home :beerbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back