Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Damian, and I'm from Sydney. Very new to home brewing. Got my first kit on Saturday. Tried to brew it on Sunday morning (as I was worried about the temperature thing being winter and all). Fast forward to today, 24 hours from brewing my first batch and feeling a bit overwhelmed. So much to take in especially all the information in this forum.

Got into home brewing because it seemed the next logical step as cliche as that sounds. Drink enough of the stuff to be able to tell a good beer from a bad. Plus I needed a new hobby :) Anyway look forward to the fun that will ensue.

Welcome aboard Damian, lots of great info and brewers on this site.
I am sure your first beer shall go well...

Welcome aboard Damian, lots of great info and brewers on this site.
I am sure your first beer shall go well...

Thanks Raven. Not sure about it going so well though. Call it first brew nerves, but I've got a feeling its too cold and its not fermenting. I know from reading the forums that the airlock not bubbling is not definitive, but yeah eager to leave work and check on my brew. I haven't looked at it since I finished brewing yesterday morning and left it under an open window. Silly me. Didn't have a chance to look at it this morning as I was in a rush for work, but from what I could see it wasn't bubbling. I've wrapped it in 2 towels and a camping heat reflecting sheet thing (which probably does nothing).

I know we all have to start somewhere but I don't want my first batch to be bad.

Hi All

I have been reading this site for a few weeks now picking up tips etc. Thought it was time to make my first post and introduce myself. I live in Brisbane (although not for much longer). I have made a few brews, all K&K so far but i think im ready to move on to extract and really keen for it too! I can't tell everyone how much I have learnt from this site so keep up the good work people!!

Off to find a nice easy recipe and give it a bash!

Mike

Hi All

I have been reading this site for a few weeks now picking up tips etc. Thought it was time to make my first post and introduce myself. I live in Brisbane (although not for much longer). I have made a few brews, all K&K so far but i think im ready to move on to extract and really keen for it too! I can't tell everyone how much I have learnt from this site so keep up the good work people!!

Off to find a nice easy recipe and give it a bash!

Mike

Welcome Mick err Mike to AHB.

I sure there many a good brew to be had. I am shocked that anyone would ever think of moving from God's own porch.

Anyways welcome and good luck! Ask questions if you need help or clarification just be prepared to several points of view which is good and objective at times. If in doubt only listen to me :lol: :ph34r:

Cheers

Chappo

Edit: Chappo's usual afternoon tardiness-nesses

Welcome Mick to AHB.

I sure there many a good brew to be had. I am shocked that anyone would ever think of moving from God's own porch.

Chappo

Agree with the welcome.

Brisbane .. God's porch :lol: Funniest thing I read since I saw your tipping scores !

I am shocked that anyone would ever think of moving from God's own porch.

Cheers

Chappo

Jesus Chappo, you havent travelled far then?

mckenry dons armour and ducks for cover as those infamous word of willie masons ring in his ears :p

Jesus Chappo, you havent travelled far then?

mckenry dons armour and ducks for cover as those infamous word of willie masons ring in his ears :p

I've been to Bowral and i think they got the spelling wrong BOWEL might be more appropriate? :ph34r: Chappo runs and hides behind the door with a sturdy aluminium pot over his head.... :beerbang:

I've been to Bowral and i think they got the spelling wrong BOWEL might be more appropriate? :ph34r: Chappo runs and hides behind the door with a sturdy aluminium pot over his head.... :beerbang:

hahahaha touche. I'll pay it as long as I can use it?

:ph34r: Chappo runs and hides behind the door with a sturdy aluminium pot over his head.... :beerbang:

Be careful. That could lead to alzheimers.

Hi all,

My name is Grace and I'm a newbie in homebrewing (but not beer appreciation :D ) - with all but 3 brews under my belt. I've found this site to be a wealth of information and most of all inspirational, so thank you all for making my life a lot more interesting.

I live in Melbourne, so would be keen to catch up on any 'gatherings' to compare notes, successes and failures!

Take care!

Kind regards,

Grace

Hi all,

Been reading this site for a couple of months, and the info is great. My name is Carlos, and I'm from Melbourne, and my wife got me a Coopers kit last Christmas, and since then I have made 3 standard k&k brews plus a cider. The beers were ok, but I'm of the belief that you get what you put in...

I'm about to brew my first all extract on Sunday, with a recipe from Grain and Grape (a bitter), which I'll post later for comment. I've been researching on the process, plus getting extra gear (brew pot, extra fermenter for bulk priming etc).

Happy brewing! :)

Cheers,

Carlos.

Welcome Grace and Carlos. No doubt you're already familiar with this strange bunch. Just beware of Chappo and his aluminium pot

If you can get along to a brew day somewhere nearby you'll see what a truely fun bunch hangs out here.

Welcome Grace and Carlos.

Just remember Chappo is always right, Butters is sometimes right but a little flakey in the afternoons :chug: and Muckey is well Muckey? Or and BribieG is a cool bloke but unfortunately boils in a bag. Oh and before I go remember never to talk cubing with Sully. Oh yeah Adamt can seem grumpy but he is a soft. FatzG can seem soft but is a grump.

Welcome Grace and Carlos. No doubt you're already familiar with this strange bunch. Just beware of Chappo and his aluminium pot

If you can get along to a brew day somewhere nearby you'll see what a truely fun bunch hangs out here.

More like beware of the MUCKEY one! <_< Or as we call him "Beer Disposal Unit".

Cheers

Chappo

Hi everyone,

Nick from Canberra. Thought i'd introduce myself. Look forward to learning a lot from you guys.

Cheers.

gday guys

great website plenty of valuable useable info on it currently making the switch to grain

cheers jason

Hee hee, just realised there was an introduction thread..........

Well, I shall introduce myself, my name is Lydia, hubby and I have started homebrewing again after a very long hiatus. We were newbies at it when we first started, but are really looking forward to getting in an making some corker brews.

Just put down a ginger beer today, which was one of our favourites when we first started home brewing, and one that has given us many great nights. I have many ideas I want to try out so I shall be on here regularly getting tips/info.... look forward to chatting with y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back