Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome LR!!

Enjoy the boards!!

Ginger - Is that some kinda grain :p

....Very funny. Ok, so I like Cooper's ginger beer, so that was what we chose as our first brew in like 5 years..... remember we are newbies at this, we have to start somewhere hahahahahahaha :lol: xx

Hey all

Pretty new to brewing, reading and studying like a ******* at the moment on all things brew related. I've been obsessed with craft beers for years and finally decided to start making my own at the start of this year. Brewing with a good mate who shares the passion and together we have been weekly brewing and improving on our all grain setup.

We started out pretty shoddy, but for the past 7 months we have refining our setup and knowledge and are starting to produce some acceptable beers.

Look forward to learning a shitload from everyone on the forum, so cheers and nice to meet you all.

Dan.

G'day everyone, time to introduce myself.

I only came across this website recently but I've been a kits and bits brewer for 14 years. Having picked up so much from this site I feel that every beer I ever made until now has been a bit half-arsed. No problem, just means that every beer I make now will be totally awesome.

The ideas I've got from this site are taking me away from the kits and bits and into mashing. I did a partial recently and my next batch will be all grain. I guess I might tell you about it someday.

Cheers
Dick

Hi all,

I have been brewing from kits for about 4 years on and off with varied success. Some have turned out OK but few have come close to commecial quality. I have read a lot about AG during that time (although have only just picked up on this forum) and have now finally taken the plunge. I am on to my 4th brew now and I am learning all the time. My capacity is limited to around 12/14 litres at the moment as I don't have a boiler yet but I'm not too bothered for now. I have brewed 3 bitter ales so far and my most recent is a pale ale (also the first time I have used more than one hop variety). My beers have all tasted great and are well conditioned but I am still having a problem with chill haze which I hope to sort out. I plan to experiment for a while with other beer types before moving up to 5 or even 10 gallon batches.

I see there is a wealth of info on the site which I a looking forward to working through.

Cheers

Scott

welcome mate, wiki topics are a good source as are many of the brewers on this forum.

Good Luck

Aaron

Hi all,

I have been brewing from kits for about 4 years on and off with varied success. Some have turned out OK but few have come close to commecial quality. I have read a lot about AG during that time (although have only just picked up on this forum) and have now finally taken the plunge. I am on to my 4th brew now and I am learning all the time. My capacity is limited to around 12/14 litres at the moment as I don't have a boiler yet but I'm not too bothered for now. I have brewed 3 bitter ales so far and my most recent is a pale ale (also the first time I have used more than one hop variety). My beers have all tasted great and are well conditioned but I am still having a problem with chill haze which I hope to sort out. I plan to experiment for a while with other beer types before moving up to 5 or even 10 gallon batches.

I see there is a wealth of info on the site which I a looking forward to working through.

Cheers

Scott
Welcome Clootie.

This is a good article on the nature and formation of beer hazes. I have linked to it before, but there are always new brewers that can benefit from it being waved in their faces (the article, that is :ph34r: )
The Nature, Formation and Prevention of Beer Hazes.

edit: made the link look more purty

Welcome Clootie, as you would know there are a couple of good UK forums as well, Jim's Beer Kit and The Home Brew Forum UK but mostly Sassenachs :p I'm a Geordie so I'm honorary Scot, easier to pop up to Edinburgh than Leeds for anything we couldn't get in Newcassel and spent many a wonderful holiday in your part of the world as a lad. Not to mention growing up with Scottish Poond notes in my change and the Sunday Post every week with Oor Wullie & The Broons. :rolleyes:

At the top of this page, Craftbrewer (and probably the other sponsors) deliver world wide at very good prices (no personal affilliation) and for chill haze there's a very effective and cheap solution called Polyclar, as used by breweries.

Have a Tennents super for me

Cheers
Michael

BribieG, from newcastle, Very sorry about that mate. :p Got an aunt an uncle and a few cousins living there. Good night out there apparently.

Aaron

Thanks all for the warm welcom/advice. I also have atarted visiting Davie in Edinburgh for my ingredients etc. I have been a member of Jims forum for a few years and picked up the web address for this forum from the re-released Wheeler book.

All the Best

Clootie

G'day All

I've been lurking for a few weeks but decided I needed to register last night.

I live in West Gippsland near Warragul and have started brewing again after nearly 30 years.

I dunno what happened to all my old brewing equipment as I've moved a few times and vaguely remember lending it to someone. Obviously it never came back so a few weeks ago I bought all this junk :lol:

brewingkit.jpg

I've just bottled my second brew a cuppla days ago. First was the standard Coopers lager, and the second is my favourite beer which is Cooper sparkling ale.
I've got all the stuff ready for my third brew in the next few days.

The hard part is waiting for all the bottles to mature.

Anyway just thought I'd say G'day :icon_cheers:

G'day All

I've been lurking for a few weeks but decided I needed to register last night.

I live in West Gippsland near Warragul and have started brewing again after nearly 30 years.

I dunno what happened to all my old brewing equipment as I've moved a few times and vaguely remember lending it to someone. Obviously it never came back so a few weeks ago I bought all this junk :lol:

brewingkit.jpg

I've just bottled my second brew a cuppla days ago. First was the standard Coopers lager, and the second is my favourite beer which is Cooper sparkling ale.
I've got all the stuff ready for my third brew in the next few days.

The hard part is waiting for all the bottles to mature.

Anyway just thought I'd say G'day :icon_cheers:

Welcome Gronko to AHB!

30yrs ago huh? There have been just a few changes to home brewing I would imagine?

Anyway enjoy and ask questions when you need to.

Cheers

Chappo

30yrs ago huh? There have been just a few changes to home brewing I would imagine?
Chappo

Cycle to the grocers; Jar of malt, bag of sugar and some bakers yeast...

Don't you love mans search for alcohol...

Welcome aboard! :icon_cheers:

Edit, I'm on the phone and the spellcheck is shockin...

Welcome Gronko to AHB!

Cycle to the grocers; Jar of malt, bag of sugar and some bakers yeast...

Don't you love mans search for alcohol...

haha yeah it is a bit different now. Used plain old sugar back then. The yeast still came packed with the can of goo though.
I'm lucky these days, we have a fantastic home brew supplies shop about 7k's away. He carries everything I need and has won awards as a master brewer so his advice is pretty bloody good too.

Thanks for the Welcomes :)

Welcome to the forum

Its a great place to share and get good info, everybody here will help you out if you have any Q's

Kleiny

Hi All,

I'm a kits and bits, moved to partials, and now looking try my hand at an all grain one day. I've been brewing for about three years and have made some fantastic swill. Now I just need to learn to make beer.

I'm based in Brisbane, and have figured out that my POR hops doesn't really like the climate, so I may have to move south I think.

I too have lurked around for a couple of weeks, reading up the very useful information you guys post, and I look forward to continung the brewing journey with you.

I have a lovely little keg setup which keeps me busy, and cheerful, so now its time to try to perfect what goes into (and out of) said kegs.

Cheers guys, thanks for having me!

Hi all, Lagerbomb here.
Just started brewing again after 20 or so years. Decided to start again after a few brew were given to me from workmates. Used to brew kit and kilos when money was tight, tin of coopers lager and 1 kilo sugar was $8.00. Alittle better off these days so thought it was time to make some decent beers hopefully. I have brewed 4 in the last 4 weeks with the last being today, which was an extract brew. Just experimenting a little with different styles and am hoping to get a brew that I can use in a keg setup later on. Lots af good advice and information on here and am thonkong of trying the Biab method if I can find a pot large enough.
Cheers
David

Welcome Lagerbomb. brew on! things have changed for the better in 20yrs. heaps on info and support on AHB. check out pot threads in gear and eqipment section or the BiAB thread for all your biab needs,

Welcome aboard LagerBomb.
It becomes easier to brew a good beer as you read more here, although to find perfection that may take a lifetime of experimenting. You could always get a big pot and two other vessels and make a three vessel system.... much better than a BIA... no better not say that :ph34r: .

Anywho heaps to read and enjoy.

Cheers
Gavo

Welcome Lagerbomb to AHB.

Well you have come to the right place if you want to learn to make really good beer. Plenty of information to be found and some great brewers to give you advice along the way. Enjoy!

Excuse me, Mr LagerBomb, while I have a banter at a fellow misguided member!
...or the BiAB thread for all your biab needs...
:ph34r:
:angry: What the hell cm2 your one of us? I have seen your rig, not a bag to boil grain anywhere in sight. Why are you recruiting for the enemy now huh? :(

Damn Heretics got you too I can only guess? Is there no end to their evilness? I know BribieG is their leader you know, I can tell, along with his henchmen Katie and LloydieP. And there's others sneaking around the halls at night... Yeah I seen ya!

Cheers

Chappo

Edit: At least I can rely on Gavo! :)

:angry: What the hell cm2 your one of us? I have seen your rig, not a bag to boil grain anywhere in sight. Why are you recruiting for the enemy now huh? :(

Damn Heretics got you too I can only guess? Is there no end to their evilness? I know BribieG is their leader you know, I can tell, along with his henchmen Katie and LloydieP. And there's others sneaking around the halls at night... Yeah I seen ya!

:lol:
I'm with you Chappo, New brewer should get it right first go. :ph34r:

Gavo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back