Introduce Yourself.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Lagerbomb to AHB.

Well you have come to the right place if you want to learn to make really good beer. Plenty of information to be found and some great brewers to give you advice along the way. Enjoy!

Excuse me, Mr LagerBomb, while I have a banter at a fellow misguided member!

:ph34r:
:angry: What the hell cm2 your one of us? I have seen your rig, not a bag to boil grain anywhere in sight. Why are you recruiting for the enemy now huh? :(

Damn Heretics got you too I can only guess? Is there no end to their evilness? I know BribieG is their leader you know, I can tell, along with his henchmen Katie and LloydieP. And there's others sneaking around the halls at night... Yeah I seen ya!

Cheers

Chappo

Edit: At least I can rely on Gavo! :)

I dont boil my grain Chappo... infecto!

Surprise Surprise here's a henchperson now!

My bad I meant STEW... or is it SPEW? I can never remember? Are you sure it's not boil? :rolleyes:

Chap Chap :lol:

You just envious that we can make beer just as good as you or better... I have a rambo burner you know! no urn for me! I leave that for the ladies!

edit: i meant tea ladies :icon_chickcheers:

Careful there now children we don't want to scare away the new members.
Katie remember Chappy Chap has both a rambo and an urn.

Gavo.

Thanks for the replies, although didn't mean to aggravate anyone. BUT Biab seems like a way to try all grain without purchasing too much equipment. Have done plenty of reading here, and I am sure that I will also try the more traditional methods at a later date. Hey, you gotta start somewhere, and 4 weeks ago I put 1 kilo of dextrose in a kit. Today I did an extract, gotta crawl before you walk.
Cheers and Thanks
David

Thanks for the replies, although didn't mean to aggravate anyone. BUT Biab seems like a way to try all grain without purchasing too much equipment. Have done plenty of reading here, and I am sure that I will also try the more traditional methods at a later date. Hey, you gotta start somewhere, and 4 weeks ago I put 1 kilo of dextrose in a kit. Today I did an extract, gotta crawl before you walk.
Cheers and Thanks
David

LagerrBomb we were only joking. Biab is a wonderful way to brew... You will get used to chappo... Remember its not how big you RIG is its what you do with it that counts!

:eek:

Lagers we are only having fun. No one upset here. BIAB in all seriousness is a great and cheaper step to All Grain. BIAB does have it's limitations but that is only really in more advanced brewing techniques.

Anyway looks like your already slipping down that slope to All Grain.

Sorry if we freaked you out but I just love to stir BIABers every now and then just to make sure they are paying attention.

Cheers

Chappo

Great to see old hands getting back into the game after decades. I hadn't brewed since the early 80s (Brigalow, Wander liquid malt, Pride of Ringwood) and it's amazing how the craft has progressed. In those days home brew in the UK was light years ahead of Australia. They had things like pressure barrels and Bruheat boilers - I bought one from the UK when I emigrated here.

Nowadays I reckon we are edging ahead of them, especially with techniques such as BIAB, home kegging and of course temperature control. And we are even teaching the Yanks a thing or two.

I still pinch myself in disbelief that I can sit down at my laptop and two days later take delivery of floor malted grain from Yorkshire, yeast from Germany and Hops from the UK, USA, Europe and New Zealand. It's a great time to be a brewer. :icon_cheers:

Sorry if I sounded defensive. I have read enough of Chappos posts to understand his ways :icon_cheers: . I'm pretty thick skinned, love a beer and am enjoying myself. So thanks once again.
David

Excuse me, Mr LagerBomb, while I have a banter at a fellow misguided member!

:ph34r:
:angry: What the hell cm2 your one of us? I have seen your rig, not a bag to boil grain anywhere in sight. Why are you recruiting for the enemy now huh? :(
Chappo

Edit: At least I can rely on Gavo! :)
Off topic i know

Well Mr Chap Chap, i think ive been accused of being unhelpful late or at least grumpy, so I thought i would help as requested. no judgement. afterall i didnt tell him to steer clear of you did I !!!!

Keep your friends close and your enemies closser!! besides recruit them one bit at a time. BIAB then full blown shiney AG rigs.

Nah its all cool Lagerbomb. welcome to the forum.

PS Chap, your comment about fishing and KT now makes sense since ive since this post now.

hello all. my head hurts and my mouth is dry at the moment (too many mallee bulls). guess i'd better introduce myself. I'm new to home brewing. up to brew number 4. Since then i have bought some stuff from Ross (what a champ) so i supose i'm a Kits and Bits brewer? first beer was a coopers lager kit. it tastes like apples. its ok though i pretend its cider and it goes down ok. I'm from brisbane but live in mildura now. (donning flame suit) xxxx is mothers milk ;)

Cheers

MOM

Welcome aboard mayor, looks like your on your way to brewing good beer going to K&B already. Don't worry about how you view XXXX, you will soon get over that. ;)

Gavo.

G'Day all, love my beer and just started brewing at home with my K-Mart Brigalow kit.

Took a while to ferment - about 3 weeks - and I've just bottled it. Tasted a little fruity but ok. See how it comes out in a couple of weeks.

Got so excited I went out and bought two extra water containers from Bunnings for about $17 inc the tap.

Now I have another 3 beer babies sitting on the kitchen bench burbing away. This time I went tins of the Coopers Pale Ale, Coopers Mex Cerveza, and Toohey's Draught (couldn't resist as it was $3 a can at K-Mart). The Cerveza is burbing like a fiend (every minute almost) and has gone from SG 1037 to about 1025 in one day, and even the Pale Ale is going a lot quicker than the original Brigalow.

Might try a cheapass Toohey's Draught toucan next...

Awesome site, lots of info and very helpful. Thought I'd just introduce myself.

WELCOME tsr.
what kind of stains do you remove :ph34r:
And welcome all other new comer too.
Read a bit then ask specific question and you be on the Dark side in a month :lol:

Gday all my name is Adam been learning a lot from all the great posts that everyone has to offer and laughing at all the comic relief ,
this is a great site and i hope i can contribute and give back as much as i have learnt . Im just a kit and bits brewer but i hope to be brewing all grain by the end of the year,thats my persuit of happiness. I live in brisvegas,springfield with 4 kids and a wonderful wife that lets me brew my beer and doesnt complain that i spend too much time on "that beer sh*t" as she puts it .
Hello and Thanks Adam.

Welcome adam

their is plenty of info on here for you and if you keep an eye out plenty of AHB's from brissy

Check out Squires Xmas swap party, its a great chance to meet up with fellow obsessed brewers

Kleiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back