Inter-"national Homebrew Day (big Brew) May 3, 2008"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Linz
2. Little Squares
3. Franko
4. Slurpdog
5. Kabooby
6. Lagers
7. Crozdog
8. Mikem108
9. Redbeard
10. Stuster
11. OldBugman
12. Bernd
13. Hogan
14.Adrian
15. barls
16. EB
17. Pumpy
18. beernography

Unfortunately I will have to withdraw and Adrian will be away up north. Should things change I will still come along on the day but I won't go in for a cube - so next two cabs off the rank are now sweet.

Cheers, Hoges.

Sorry guys but I am going to have to pull out :(

I didnt realise the dates untill Saturday when we were talking about it. I am leaving for Fiji on Sunday and have an early flight Sunday morning so I will be staying in the airport that night. With everything else that needs to be done on Saturday I just cant fit it in.

Was really looking forward to it as well

1. Linz
2. Little Squares
3. Franko
4. Slurpdog
6. Lagers
7. Crozdog
8. Mikem108
9. Redbeard
10. Stuster
11. OldBugman
12. Bernd
15. barls
16. EB
17. Pumpy
18. beernography

1. Linz
2. Little Squares
3. Franko
4. Slurpdog
5.Lagers
6. Crozdog
7. Mikem108
8. Redbeard
9. Stuster
10. OldBugman
11. Bernd
12. barls
13. EB
14. Pumpy
15. beernography
16. Garry

Still a couple of cubes going. Should be around the $13-14 mark. Try to make sure it's a 15L cube to make life easier, but if you don't have one, no worries.

not if i syphon out of it again mate ;)

I would love to join you fellas on Sat and fill one of the vacant spots, and would be up for a cube too if available.

Is it presumptuous to pencil myself in?

1. Linz
2. Little Squares
3. Franko
4. Slurpdog
5.Lagers
6. Crozdog
7. Mikem108
8. Redbeard
9. Stuster
10. OldBugman
11. Bernd
12. barls
13. EB
14. Pumpy
15. beernography
16. Garry
17. Shonky

I can bring a mini keg of porter, let me know if I can bring anything else - I have a 55lt electric HLT, 60lt kettle and burner.

What time is kick-off?

Cheers

Jon

Not presumptuous at all, Shonky, especially as you bring a mini-keg of porter. :D

Kick off is usually late morning, but best for crozdog to confirm that. Some of that gear might be very handy as well.

As Stuster says, Welcome Shonky - your mini keg is most welcome :party: .

Kabooby, pity you can't make it, but I know the things you gotta do before you go on holidays. Enjoy

So far I'm working on cubes for the following:
Linz (who'll share his cube with Mel - won't you Linz)
Franko
Slurpdog
Lagers
Crozdog
Mikem108
Redbeard
Stuster
OldBugman
Bernd
barls
EB
Pumpy
beernography
Garry
Shonky

Please bring a 15l cube just to make life easier and ensure that Craig gets a full cube ;) .

In relation to gear:
- Redbeard please bring your pot, burner, gas bottle, march pump & hoses
- Stuster please bring your pot, burner & gas bottle
- I'm picking up Flop's pot and burner;
- I have 2 pots, 1 burner & 2 gas bottles.
- Barls bring your new italian if you want to test it out :)
- If anyone wants to bring some gear give me a call on oh four one six two three three nine two one to dicsuss

I'm going to put water on to heat about 10, & want to crush about 11 with a mash in around 11:30.

For those who haven't been to my joint before, there are kebab, pizza, lebanese and chinese food places around the corner along with the Mcdonalds & subway. We usually duck around there to grab a bite instead of running a BBQ.

The address details are listed under site#:138 on http://www.beertown.com/events/bigbrew/Bigbrewselect.aspx Attached is a map to help.
home_map.jpg
Don't forget to bring a few beers for critical evaluation and research purposes :icon_cheers:

Just received the new addition to my brewery, an immersion element bought from TidalPete.

Would there be any use for this on Sat - to speed up the water heating or boiling?

Cheers

will be there with bottles and burner

I'll be tagging along with Shonky... see you all later!

And nice to meet you bakkerman. Twas a great day. Plenty of conversation, beer and brewing. Managed to get a fair amount of beer into cubes. :super:

For those who got a cube, the beer came out at 1048, 30IBUs and 15 EBC. As lagers kindly reminded me, the dry hopping should be done in three stages: when fermentation slows down (maybe three days or so), when moving to primary, and in the keg. As I'm bottling and don't secondary, I'll be adjusting that a bit. Will be interesting to see how differently the beer turns out with different yeasts. :chug:

Phil, thanks for the hospitality!

It was good to put some faces (and real names) to names..

Thanks,

Mark

croz,
Im sorry I couldnt make it today.My sister had a baby boy yesterday and I had to do what I had to do (its her first and I'm chuffed).
Thanks to Pumpy,mate I got home to the still warm cube sitting in my garage - thanks lads hope the day was a cracker.

Franko

Great afternoon the sky was sunny and blue ,
nice beer from everyone and a porter you could chew,
Thanks everyone for a well organised afternoon masterminded by both Phil with Flu
and Stu who,
stirred and mashed the Brew,
the guys who bought the big kettles and the burners too,
we all ended up with a cube of Chiswick bitter, Yahoo!

Pumpy :)

So, I suppose this is a bigger reason to get the beer engine up and running?? now Ive got a cube of chiswick bitter in the garage

Hand pumped English bitter :D

Thanks to Phil(with the flu) and the ISBers for having us all over for the day

BTW Pumpy, did you end up getting a kebab??

Thanks Phil , stuster & the rest of the ISB'ers for a great day !

Some info for those intersted , I've just a done a quick calc in beersmith and if diluted to 20L th OG should be 1.036.
Pretty close to spot on.

Thanks again guys.

Lagers

Thanks Phil & ISB'ers,

Had a top day and it was just great to chat with fellow beer lovers !

Will ferment my cube and report back,

Cheers again, :D

Garry
HBW

Found a sample of wlp007- dry english ale. What was the recorded mash temp??

Might give that a go and see how it goes...

What are the rest of you using???

Latest posts

Back