Insulated Mash Tun Qustion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mackay_4740

Reaction score
Just bought myself a cosmoplast keep cold 36ltr insulated water container from BCF for $85. I've found myself a 10 inch faulse bottom but the 3/4 inch tap/valve with a 40mm thread is a little harder, what do you guys use? any sugestions are apriciated

Mc K

I now use the SS mash tun ,Make sure you have your Fb under some slight pressure so it dont lift especially if you 'underlet', dont use soft PVC pipe above the FB or it will soften and compress with heat and cause stuck sparge.

I am not sure what your question is ?

pumpy :)

mash_tun_SS.jpg

thanx for the reply pumpy, I must learn to be a little bit more specific when asking quetions.

OK so the insulated water container (rubbermaid type) I bought has one of those standard push button taps to release liquid from container and I dont want to stand there for 30min wilst sparging pushing this button so I figured I need to replace the existing tap with either a ss ball valve or a ss tap, but when I pulled it apart I noticed the the thread lenght is 40mm this could pose a problem since most taps do not have such a long thread..

hope this clears things up

pick up a peice of threaded pipe from your local ss place (atlas) + a couple of wide nuts and washers and some rubber from clarke rubber. nut, washer and seal each side screw your ss ball valve and false bottom on. Problem solved

kleiny

Latest posts

Back