Inspiration For Summer 10/11

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great read waggastew... I really like the idea of lemongrass or ginger in a beer...
I would consider putting them in some sort of pale ale...
At least I know what some of those hops are now to :p

I made some summer ales last winter :blink: and got as far as entering one in the National Comp,

Summer_Ale.JPG

but I got the hops out of balance (far too bitter, damn you Challenger :p ) and it didn't score too well. Currently flirting with Cream Ales which are similar but not as hoppy.
I bet that Summer Lightning is a cracker, I wonder if they'll ever get some in at Dans.

I made some summer ales last winter :blink: and got as far as entering one in the National Comp,

View attachment 38490

but I got the hops out of balance (far too bitter, damn you Challenger :p ) and it didn't score too well. Currently flirting with Cream Ales which are similar but not as hoppy.
I bet that Summer Lightning is a cracker, I wonder if they'll ever get some in at Dans.

If they do, you can guarantee it will be over priced. How come our dollar is stronger against the pound, than the euro, and yet we end up paying twice as much for english bevvies, than european ones (the real euro ones, not made in australia stella and becks). Heck, we are buying over 10 pence more per dollar than five years ago, yet the price increases have been staggering. I won't buy the British ones on a matter of principle alone.

BribieG,
Dans have already had it (about 5yrs ago) and probably deleted it by now.
Have not seen it there for some time.
I bought some recently at a liquor store over in Pymble, so somebody is still importing it.
I did not keep the bottle else I would check for importer details.
5yrs ago it was Vinimpex in WA that was bringing it in.

Rgds,

Latest posts

Back