Insane BIAB Efficiency after brewery revamp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super keen to etch the markings, just have to find an adhesive number stencil that doesn't cost something ludicrous

Whats the pot dimensions?
Internal diameter and height?
Just calculate the volume of the pot based on its dimensions.
Not hard from there to work out the measurements for the volume markings as well.
Post it and I'll calculate if you like.
Most accurate way.

Not hard to calculate if the pot were empty.. but I have a heating element installed which would offset that.
Yes, I could also calculate the volume occupied by the element and subtract that, but I need to get volume etchings made anyway, so it's a 2 birds 1 stone situation

(also the pot has a curved bottom - it'd be a very slight difference, but a difference nonetheless)

Mozz said:
Just calculate the volume of the pot based on its dimensions.
Not hard from there to work out the measurements for the volume markings as well.
Post it and I'll calculate if you like.
Most accurate way.
It often isn't.

In industry tanks come with gauging spreadsheets prepared by the manufacturer. We then regauge the tanks using a magnetic flowmeter and dip tape, surprising how large the errors can be: usually caused by sections of the tank being ellipsoidal rather than circular.

Latest posts

Back