Infection Photo Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all. I chilled it down a bit today and transferred to a keg. Most of the krausen dropped. Tastes ok, a tad more bitter/astringent than I thought but lots of banana.

Thanks all. I chilled it down a bit today and transferred to a keg. Most of the krausen dropped. Tastes ok, a tad more bitter/astringent than I thought but lots of banana.
Is it at terminal gravity?

No worries. Yeast can still be working away even when it seems terminal. Hence the Krausen. If you bottle condition it will finish it's business there. If you force carb kegs then you'll keep it chilled and dormant anyway. As I mentioned before, no harm in leaving another few days after terminal to rest out a few flavours. Depends on style too

No worries. Yeast can still be working away even when it seems terminal. Hence the Krausen. If you bottle condition it will finish it's business there. If you force carb kegs then you'll keep it chilled and dormant anyway. As I mentioned before, no harm in leaving another few days after terminal to rest out a few flavours. Depends on style too

Thanks mate. It's kegged at 18psi. Stuff bottling! It's mellowed a little since yesterday. I'm guessing you're right, the yeast might have cleaned up a bit. Anyway, time for the next one - oatmeal stout.

Latest posts

Back