Infection Photo Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jkl.jpg

Went to add my yeast and found this?

What is it? Am I only seeing it because it is a really low coloured brew?

Awesome, thanks.

The yeast is bubbling away quiet nice, so winning!

Any opinions on this? Kind of unsure...can't taste it as it's a friends batch...not at my place.

Thoughts?

IMG_4311.jpgIMG_4311.jpg

Yeah guess so, they said it tasted like 'beer'. Guess they'll find out soon enough anyway.

Kolsch fermented with yeast starter made from 2565 WYeast. Made on the 30th January and Krausen refuses to drop. I know it can take a while with this yeast after and the Gravity has been stable at 1.009 for a week I figure lets cold crash it and get on with things.

Problem after cracking the lid it looks like a few nasties have popped up? Anything to worry about? I have two concerns. I plan on bottling this instead of legging. Second is I fermented with a Flanders Red in the same fridge.

Thoughts?ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1455794710.767084.jpg

I decided to scoop it out. Tastes fine. Will do a few test Stubbies and see how it goes

Let taste be your guide. I've had a few brews where the krausen hasn't dropped but after a cold crash it disappears.

I probably scooped out the nasties just in time before they could replicate any further as I have a very tasty beer. Lesson learnt, don't leave a beer fermenting for 3 weeks and constantly open the lid to check it out! That's the great thing about beer is the learning (often from your mistakes) from brew to brew.

On a side note I brewed 100L of Lambic last night and not being used to cooling such quantity I gave up and put into fermenters. Split it into 4 fermenters and put in the fridge at zero degrees. So wake up this morning to pitch the yeast and one of the fermenters has already started fermenting. This has happened once before because I left it 2 days before pitching (lesson learnt) and I tipped due to a large amount of DMS.

I fear I may have to do that again but considering that's how they actually make lambic in Belgium, this may have hope?

I went t dry hop this fresh wort kit IPA on day 4 in the fermenter and noticed this. Infection?
Tastes okay

Latest posts

Back