Industrial Oxygen Bottle For Co2?

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bradsbrew

Scored myself a D-size Industrial Oxygen bottle. Will I be able to use this for CO2? I will more than likely need to get it pressure tested though.

Cheers

Not 100% sure about legalities

The O2 bottle is designed for higher pressure than our CO2 bottles.
Not sure if a CO2 reg will fit the bottle, but a simple adapter could take care of that.
Maybe if you painted it and got a CO2 sticker for it, the local filling station would not know the diffrence.

QldKev

Scored myself a D-size Industrial Oxygen bottle. Will I be able to use this for CO2? I will more than likely need to get it pressure tested though.

Cheers

Maybe use it for oxygenating??

My thinking exactly BD.
Could be useful for helping those pesky hangovers as well (attach face mask).

Back to the OP, dunno sorry.

as stated they use a different thread for connection..you would have to ask a refiller about legal requirments

find a fire extinguisher place that can test/refurb cylinders too..

they'll most likely be able to source a co2 valve, rebuild it to suit (ie no dip tube), test, stamp and fill it..

Just use glad wrap instead of a regulator. Works with with a lot of brewers on the forum.

OK so I will slide it over to the pile of potentialy useful brewing stuff. Looks like more of a PITA than useful but hey.

Cheers

I've just turned into a glad wrapper... it works a treat!! Wrap me young fella's kart tyres up bad boy bubby style... ;)

Cheers

All you have to do now is find yourself an acetylene bottle and you can put together an oxy/acet gas plant. That's probably all it's good for :icon_cheers:

I've just turned into a glad wrapper... it works a treat!! Wrap me young fella's kart tyres up bad boy bubby style... ;)

Cat be still.

bad_boy_bubby02.jpg

All you have to do now is find yourself an acetylene bottle and you can put together an oxy/acet gas plant. That's probably all it's good for :icon_cheers:

I left the acetylene bottle saying cant find a use for that :icon_cheers:

I kind of doubt anybody would fill an Oxygen bottle with CO2 unless you knew somebody to do it on the fiddle. As stated bottles have different threads and sizes so that they cannot be easily mixed up when fitting regs. Could take up welding for a hobby.

I am guessing the cats in Clingfilm make for easy stuffing in airlocks. (bring back Butters).

Back