In support of homeopathy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
There's been a lot of negative stuff about homeopathy in the news in the last few days, but to balance the argument here's a hard hitting video about life at the coal face for homeopathic practitioners.
Hard job but somebody has to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Homeopathy treats mild thirst & paper fires extremely effectively

People trying alternative medicines is on the increase because "real" medicine isnt working for them. The medical industry see this as a threat to their bottom line. It is a bit like the big breweries trying to stop the competition.

Combine homeopathy with Pete Evens paleo diet and we could all live to at least 70

booargy said:
People trying alternative medicines is on the increase because "real" medicine isnt working for them. The medical industry see this as a threat to their bottom line. It is a bit like the big breweries trying to stop the competition.
Ya think?
Maybe some alternative medicines have some benefit, but in the case of homeopathy there is no evidence and it never survives testing - there is even a big cash prise ($1M US) available to anyone who can show it works - still uncollected.
Oh sorry is should have said works as a medicine, it works very well at separating the injudicious from their money.
Mark

homeopathy was really good in its day, back when everything wastreated with mercury

Doesnt matter if it works or not. Where someone spends their money is up to them and this is what this is all about. Someone is pissed because they are missing out on the millions that people are spending on something that doesn't work.

There are no calls to have the practice banned. The current exercise is intended to inform people that it doesn't work, so they can continue to spend their money on it, or Channeling, Reiki, Naturopathy, tinfoil hats, or lotto tickets if that is their decision to do so. Also if I were privately insured (which I'm not) I'd be having a close look at whether my fund was subsidising homeopathy and switch to someone with lower fees who don't do rebates on it.

Doesnt matter if it works or not. Where someone spends their money is up to them and this is what this is all about. Someone is pissed because they are missing out on the millions that people are spending on something that doesn't work.
Really?

Here is a bottle of homeopathic medicine next to a bottle of water. The difference is obvious

11.glass_-_vidrio_1l-2.jpg

booargy said:
Really
Well I cant prove you're wrong, so you must be right.
M

Ducatiboy stu said:
Here is a bottle of homeopathic medicine next to a bottle of water. The difference is obvious
About $200 on the price tag is my guess.

I was amazed just how many private health insurers fund homeopathy and not counselling, except for a few apointments with a psychologist.

Placebo/nocebo all the way.
My wife used to make tinctures many years ago and based on her beliefs at the time; my kids all displayed marvellous recoveries when 'too sick to whatever' with 2 drops of Bach flower remedy applied under the tongue (except that one time compound fracture thingy) until my eldest with her newly acquired tech researched 'homeopathic' on the interwebs.
Now Bach seems to have lost its efficacy.
My wife later revealed that she had been replacing the contents of the dropper bottle with tap water for years.

Harry

booargy said:
Nope, those 2 scenarios are not synonymous at all. The way to determine medicinal efficacy is via Double Blinded Randomized Controlled Trials. Pharmaceutical companies' drugs undergo this process followed by rigorous peer review before they reach market. Alt med remedies undergo no such process. Whenever they are put through DBRCT's they don't perform better than placebo... Ever. This becomes dangerous when people forego actual medicine in lieu of alt med after listening to their chiropractor/naturopath/homeopath. We see rises in vaccine preventable illness (potentially affecting others in society due to their poor choice) as well as many people dying from very treatable cancers because they chose vit c injections/PH diet/coffee enemas or other such witchcraft. So no, it's not mass beer vs craft beer; it's medicine that has been shown to work vs magic water/powder/pills that don't work.

Latest posts

Back