I'm Leaving Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JestersDarts

I (heart) Darts
Reaction score
Hi Brewers -

Yesterday, I resigned from my desk-job in Adelaide, to move BACK to the Riverland after 8 years. I will be back for one week in January to finish off a few things at work- then thats it!

I suppose it's a life changing moment, moving - away from a place where you've formed so many firends, acquaintances, connections - all to start a new life and start again.

SO I wont be on here as much I guess (AHB is my mid-week escape from my desk-duties) - but please, shed no tears for me.. I will pop in now and again to check the next technicality scrutinised, if fasty73 is still alive, make sure Speedie has antagonised absolutely everyone, check the excellent pics of the hops the growers are so proud of, and especially to pick your brains about recipe formulation, which is the next step of my process..

Cheers to those brewers on here that have helped me learn so much about brewing, and those in Adelaide that have given me advice, beers, hops, pointers and criticism.

I will be keeping the Autumn case swap pencilled in, and get that weekend off to come down and swap some beer with you Adelaide brewers!

Ah - Its only 2 and a half hours out of Adelaide, so i'll still be around!

Cheers guys,

Jack

All the best with the move and new life.

Don't they have internet in this "Riverland"?

As long as you're still brewing, you're not truly gone... :kooi:

Oh, i'll still be brewing... more than ever :)

Yeah i'll have internet... but where I'll be living it'll be nearing dial up speeds :eek:
What I wont have is a desk job where I can AHB at my leasure!

Thanks for all your well wishes. :beer:

Oh, i'll still be brewing... more than ever :)

Yeah i'll have internet... but where I'll be living it'll be nearing dial up speeds :eek:
What I wont have is a desk job where I can AHB at my leasure!

Thanks for all your well wishes. :beer:

Look into satellite broadband.

I have 4Mbps up here in the hills.

Cant get cable broadband due to the pair gain system being full and wireless is dialup speed due to sitting in the shadow of the mount.

Like you, my 'desk' job is about to come to an end and next year i wont be online as often.

Have fun back in the riverland, there are a few brewers up that way. You might have to organise a brewday and drag a few of the city slickers (and hillbillys) up there.

Look into satellite broadband.

I have 4Mbps up here in the hills.

Cant get cable broadband due to the pair gain system being full and wireless is dialup speed due to sitting in the shadow of the mount.

Like you, my 'desk' job is about to come to an end and next year i wont be online as often.

Have fun back in the riverland, there are a few brewers up that way. You might have to organise a brewday and drag a few of the city slickers (and hillbillys) up there.

I would love to do that - even happy to host case swap shows - if brewers are willing to travel past 'dem hills..

Something to organise in the new year.

All the best with your new pursuits as well mate,

See you at the Autumn case swap!

Cheers

-Jack

On a positive note you are leaving SA.

Cheers

Paul

All the best JD, hope to catch you at subsequent Case Swaps still.

Hope those Hops are growing still!

All the best, we are having a day/night of beer, food, camping, bonfire and entertainment just out of renmark at woolshed brewery in may with beers from woolshed and brewboys, its a while away yet but pencil it in.

Case swap in the Riverland sounds pretty good I reckon.

LoL like Queenslanders know anything about Australia, the suns affecting you're brain.

All the best JD, hope to catch you at subsequent Case Swaps still.

Hope those Hops are growing still!

Cheers Brad -

The POR is going CRAZY just went out to my dads to have a look. So many runners, and we've only made two strings to hold it all up.
I'm sorry to say... that the Mt.Hood didnt make it through the translpant.

I know the riverland very well! Spent about a 1/4 of my younger days camping & fishing on the banks of mannum (over the ferry and turn left), cobby and renmark. One of the best places on earth. Very nice choice JestersDarts! If you can only enjoy it only a fraction of what i enjoyed it you'll be a very, very happy man!

Latest posts

Back