Im In Need Of Some Advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.Moore92

Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive been brewing kitbrews only for around 8-9 months and now need a little advise. My brother got me a brew kit for christmass containing-

Morgans golden sheaf wheat beer liquid extract
1kg of christal light malt
500g of christal wheat malt extract
25g of Hersbrucker hops
11.5g of WB-06 yeast
and corriander seed

Sadly the kit did not contain any instructions so i have some questions.
1)What should i do with the hops? how long should i boil it for? should i dry hop?ext
2)What should i do with the coriander seed?
3)1.5kg of added christal malt seems to me like alot(not that i know what im talking about) will the yeast get through all of this?

Thanks to the posters in advance and all the help this community has given me already :D

For the hops I would either give them a quick boil for 5 mins or just dry hop as you said and same with the coriander seeds probably a quick boil for sanitation purpose and I think the rule of thumb is generally no more than 500g of speciality malts in a 23 litre batch otherwise you will get an overpowering malt and caramel flavours sometimes sickening.

Oh and one thing with the coriander seeds I would use a Hop bag or something along those lines otherwise if they make it through to your fermenter they will over power your beer.... and crack the seeds before use...

Latest posts

Back