IBUs of homebrand cans

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superstock

Reaction score
As the title says, does anyone have an idea of the bittering of supermarket homebrand cans?
I seem to remember some one commenting that his wife liked that brew because it was low on hops.
I'm looking for something cheap with a low bitterness to have a play with hop additions.

Most of them are going to be around 16 IBU at 23L
Mark

Must be a mistake somewhere, it doesn't say on their website that its past its best before date.

superstock said:
As the title says, does anyone have an idea of the bittering of supermarket homebrand cans?
I seem to remember some one commenting that his wife liked that brew because it was low on hops.
I'm looking for something cheap with a low bitterness to have a play with hop additions.
My intention was to start with a low IBU kit can - split it into 5 x 5L batches and try various late hop additions for flavour & aroma.

As above, around 16 IBU in 23 L so that would be 14.7 in 25L (5X5), not going to make any disenable difference.
Mark

just ordered 17kg of wheat malt and 17kg of dark malt from him, its not a typo. Wheat malt is expired but the dark malt is still good till october.

ekul said:
just ordered 17kg of wheat malt and 17kg of dark malt from him, its not a typo. Wheat malt is expired but the dark malt is still good till october.
Reading the description on his ebay store it sounds like you're going to get 17kg of liquid malt in a bag.
What happens when you open the bag?
Is it resealable and do you just keep the left over in the fridge?

I can only imagine the mess I could make in my kitchen with a 17kg bag of malt.

yeah it all comes in one big bag. I spose you could meter it out into 1kg lots an keep the extract in bags in the freezer. I plan to use it all at once so i'm not too concerned.

Latest posts

Back